Season 2018-19 home and away kit thread

underboyleheating

28 minutes ago, weeyin said:

3D shaded tartan floral design..

...with a modern twist.

You might not be too far out with that one. I suspect traditionalists will not be too happy with the new kit as the rumour is they are something a little bit different from our usual.  I’m expecting a sublimated pattern of some sort as Macron do love that technique. 

Thank god I no longer buy replica tops.!

As usual hoping  for a hoop on the home top or at least a band......IMHO  we should have every season

As previously posted we have a unique colour combination and historic kit which we should proud off

All this we can't get a hoop as that would be a  "bespoke kit"  is a lot of pish as our old rivals from ML6  manage to get a diamond  every season 

Away kit not really fussed....but should have at least a touch of C&A

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

As usual hoping  for a hoop on the home top or at least a band......IMHO  we should have every season

As previously posted we have a unique colour combination and historic kit which we should proud off

All this we can't get a hoop as that would be a  "bespoke kit"  is a lot of pish as our old rivals from ML6  manage to get a diamond  every season 

Spot on.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

To be fair we do at least get an “advertising” band most seasons. However, I would much prefer a proper full bold claret hoop as that makes it more of an integral part of the design. Just ask Boca Juniors fans what a proper bold hoop means to them.  

Airdrie have stood firm over the years through various kit manufacturers when they could have easily opted for generic team wear with no full diamond.  

2 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Preaching to the choir, bruvva but I'm getting bad vibes with all this "unique" talk. Have a library, bottle of malt and my army service revolver to hand  just in case it all goes Imrie up tomorrow.

What would Sailor Hunter have done?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

I'm no expert, but I suspect if there weren't more popular rugby league teams that use the diamond template, Airdrie might not find it as easy to get one their shirt these days.

Their kit each year is a bespoke sublimation. Similar to what we do, however, they always sublimate a full red diamond, whereas we normally only sublimate a front “advertising” band. We could print a full hoop, although, it has become rarer over the years. It’s not often I say that Airdrie get it right more than us.

You could also argue the point however that their diamond is rarely if ever unbroken either because they have nowhere else to put their badge nor kit supplier but on the diamond itself.

And the further consequence of that is that there is nowhere else for them to put their sponsor than below the diamond which often leaves them with a very busy looking shirt, particularly when they also include shadow images such as their artex style Hummel kit - and bizzarely the later re-incarnation of it, and dependent on the sponsors logo.

And that's before you even get into things like lead times from their suppliers to actually get their kit on sale.  So the commitment to retain their diamond isn't without some cost.

Given that we're not out of June and some of our support give the impression they've almost chewed their arms down to their elbows in nervous anticipation of seeing what our kit looks I'd suggest given the times we live and operate in we've got the balance between giving a nod to tradition, adhering to SPFL requirements and meeting the expectations of supporters in teams of availability to purchase just about right.