New sponsorship deals

underboyleheating

On 5/22/2018 at 10:26 PM, daver said:

Good to hear. I assume this is our first official whisky partner. 

Was it Tullibardine that the distillery visit went to before the St. Johnstone game last season? Was it because the manager is a Motherwell fan?

Aye, I went. good day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This saddens me. I get the importance of maximising  commercial sponsorship but there is something morally wrong about having an online betting company’s logo on the shirts - especially when worn by children. The deal must have been worth considerably more than 30 pieces of silver...

6 minutes ago, gazzetta19 said:

This saddens me. I get the importance of maximising  commercial sponsorship but there is something morally wrong about having an online betting company’s logo on the shirts - especially when worn by children. The deal must have been worth considerably more than 30 pieces of silver...

I assume the kids shirts will either be blank or have another sponsor. Betting companies and alcohol brands are not allowed on kids shirts.

A real stark contrast between this and our previous sponsors. McEwan Fraser are a respected high profile law company with a certain standing in society and a long history of sponsoring shirts. The new one is just another dodgy, unproven betting company that we shouldn't give the time of day to, and the best we should have offered them is the back of the shirt, or short sponsor at best. Personally, I was really pleased when we announced McEwan Fraser because of the above reasons, and the standard of sponsor we had, but this has just lowered us back to the days of Jaxx and Cash converters again. Disappointed to say the least.

Edited by ChrisMFCfan1886
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ChrisMFCfan1886 said:

A real stark contrast between this and our previous sponsors. McEwan Fraser are a respected high profile law company with a certain standing in society and a long history of sponsoring shirts. The new one is just another dodgy, unproven betting company that we shouldn't give the time of day to, and the best we should have offered them is the back of the shirt, or short sponsor at best. Personally, I was really pleased when we announced McEwan Fraser because of the above reasons, and the standard of sponsor we had, but this has just lowered us back to the days of Jaxx and Cash converters again. Disappointed to say the least.

They have offered the biggest financial sponsorship package in 10 years , they aren't doing anything illegal of selling folk into slavery so lets get over the moral high ground. We bitch like fuck when we are skint. The club are maximising revenue and well done to them for doing so.

• Like 6

If it was not Bet Park I heard it may have been 888 who are probably better known but still a betting company. That is Dafabet with Celtic, Red32 with Rangers and Marathon Bet with Hibs. 

As long as they pay the money and it is lucrative then I am not overly bothered. In many ways Cash Converters was more of a red neck. 

• Like 1

Fuck sake...the club need a sponsor, they have the cash to do it...they arent paedophiles, drug dealers or murderers, they are a company that offers a legal service and there are umpteen similar companies who financially back other sporting clubs...some people like a bet, some people dont, some people cannae manage to walk by a betting shop without losing money, but sticking their name on our jerseys wont make an ounce of difference to that issue.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

They have offered the biggest financial sponsorship package in 10 years , they aren't doing anything illegal of selling folk into slavery so lets get over the moral high ground. We bitch like fuck when we are skint. The club are maximising revenue and well done to them for doing so.

I was unaware of the level of financial support this particular deal has brought in, credit to the club in that case but I'm just not a fan of this type of company in general.

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

They have offered the biggest financial sponsorship package in 10 years , 

If that is the case then obviously it's great news and surely partly down to the increased exposure from being in two cup finals last season.