Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

What's happening with Louis Molt at Preston? Is he still struggling with injury? Looks like just some appearances from off the bench and some days not on the bench.

Just from seeing the Preston line up on paper it seems they play with 1 up top. Louis was never at his best when playing 1 up front so wondering if it has to do with that.

4 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Moult getting 90 mins again today. Hope he gets a goal soon. 

If Preston keep playing the way the played today, I'll score before he does.

They were dire.

I assume it must have been a one-off, given their league position, but they created nothing and I think Moult touched the ball twice.

13 hours ago, weeyin said:

If Preston keep playing the way the played today, I'll score before he does.

They were dire.

I assume it must have been a one-off, given their league position, but they created nothing and I think Moult touched the ball twice.

As much as ii hope Moult settles and starts scoring, it's a step up for him and I just have this feeling that he might not be up to it, I can see him ending up as a fringe player and not getting a run in the team.

I think Moult will do all right. My comment was more about how bad Preston were yesterday - they created zero chances, and that wasn't Moult's fault.

Ipswich, under McCarthy, will do that to a game. I'm amazed that the Ipswich fans, who are used to a team that plays football on the deck, have put up with McCarthy for so long.

Yesterday was Moult's 2nd start, I think, and it seems Alex Neil wants to play both Moult and Barkhuizen.  If Preston get back to previous form, the goals will come. There are plenty of poor teams in that league, particularly in the lower half.

5 minutes ago, Clackscat said:

Me too.....his behaviour was always impeccable and mature with us and in England but that really surprised and disappointed me

At the end of the day, all goal celebrations are daft, all they've done is direct a bag of air between three sticks. Couldn't really care less what that makes anyone do, not least a The Rangers player.

3 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Murphy has the ability to play for Scotland...no doubt about it.

As for any celebrations that are causing offence in games that dont even involve Motherwell...sort your life out. I know if I had the chance to score a goal for my boyhood team, I'd be giving it big licks.

I've never understood why the badge kissing thing gets so many people riled up. 

Why would it disappoint you? He wasnt even playing against Motherwell
Because rightly or wrongly I associate badge kissers as insincere supporter manipulators when in fact the vast majority of players will go where the money is. Not that there is anything wrong with that, its a short career and you have to make the most out of it.

I admire Murphy greatly, thought he was great with us and conducted himself very well, followed his career with great interest down south, and hope he does play for Scotland.

He is just not the type if guy I would expect to see indulging in badge kissing, but if they are the only team he ever wanted to play for and has a genuine affection for the club and wants to show it in that fashion then he has every right to. Not the worst crime committed on a football pitch, I merely passed a comment on how I felt about it.

So in a nutshell

'I was disappointed because I am a great fan of Murphy and how he conducts himself, and I associate badge kissing with less sincere and genuine players'

Whether or not Motherwell were involved or not is irrelevant; you are a knowledgable follower of football and I have no doubt have opinions across games/club/players that we are not involved in.

However if he does it at Fir Park after scoring against us (not that i think he would) just watch this board light up

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk