International Youth & U20's Representation - Mfc Players

superward

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's not really games around the country though. They made a conscious decision to base the U21 games in Paisley.

Quite why they went to Perth in this instance I'm not sure but U21 games and indeed most youth games were always well attended in Lanarkshire in the past so there is a hint of a feeling that we're kind of missing out a little, particularly when we've actually got folk doing well in the squad.

I do however acknowledge there's a good argument that home advantage will come from that increased familiarity with a venue and we've had our stint with the women's team.

All said and done though pleased to see that Campbell got MOTM.

Not quite the right place to put this but, close enough. Long article but we're one of 'the 8' to be selected in the top tier of Project Brave

MailSport can finally reveal the eight clubs selected to spearhead the elite level of the SFA’s Project Brave radical new blueprint for youth football.

Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen will be joined by Motherwell, Hamilton and Kilmarnock after a brutal application process for academy status.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/eight-premiership-clubs-spearhead-project-11508002

Not quite the right place to put this but, close enough. Long article but we're one of 'the 8' to be selected in the top tier of Project Brave

MailSport can finally reveal the eight clubs selected to spearhead the elite level of the SFAs Project Brave radical new blueprint for youth football.

Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen will be joined by Motherwell, Hamilton and Kilmarnock after a brutal application process for academy status.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/eight-premiership-clubs-spearhead-project-11508002

Interesting that neither of the Dundee clubs may be involved so you might say that Aberdeen has the pick of players in the North...

The fact that a team like Rangers can refuse to participate in the U20s development league, but still be one of the clubs selected just shows what a farce this whole thing is.

But like others have said, I'm glad we are one of the 8.

I was thinking the same. A total farce

Massive and great news our club is involved but unfair on other teams . Seems to me finances have dictated whos in . Well done to board and in particular Alan Burrows who I believe has put in an enormous amount of work behind the scenes to make this happen . Only downside is that Accies are in it . Theyve milked that McCarthy/McArther thing dry.

Three times as many people live in Lanarkshire as live in the Highlands and there are more people here than live in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire combined as well. I would guess it's a younger population with more kids as well.

No Tayside teams being involved is strange but none of them seemed to be that keen on it.

I totally disagree with Project Brave but, as others have said, I'm glad we seem to be in it - nothing yet confirmed. So, tentatively, all credit to the club.

It doesn't make geographic sense, with 2 Glasgow teams, 2 Lanarkshire teams, and 2 Edinburgh teams. However, if geography was to be an important criterion then you could have the situation whereby a club makes the elite grade pretty much on geography whilst "better qualified" teams, lose out. If geography was a principal criterion then you'd have 1 club from Ayrshire, 1 from Glasgow, 1 from Lanarkshire, 1 from Edinburgh, 1 from Tayside, 1 from Fife, and 2 from Forth Valley/Aberdeen/Highland.

Its all hearsay at the moment but the project qualification criteria raises more questions than answers.

• Like 1

There does seem to be big geographic holes, Killie makes sense, either us or Accies makes sense but not both. No presence in the Highlands, Perth or Dundee. Falkirk with their facilities and track record overlooked and Partick with what they have on the horizon could rightly be very pissed off.

While selfishly I'm glad my team has done enough to qualify, on an altruistic national level, I think the game has been let down by those who have steered this.

I can't help but feel that the biggots in town could fund this themselves therefore giving more to the smaller teams and potentially improving the competition and standard, but they'd never see that as viable.

• Like 1