Scottish Premiership Game 6: Hibernian (A) Saturday 16/09/17

Yabba's Turd

Neil Lennon is in many respects, a Colin O'Neil type of character. Total commitment to the teams he played for, a face you'd never tire punching and was totally hated by opposition fans for both those very things.

I should imagine that besides those who are never happy with anything the club does, there wouldn't be many grumbling if he had been our manager.

He's made some good signings at Hibs and has managed to make them stronger than they have been in many years. He seems to have them playing as a unit and whilst they may be inconsistent over the piece, they will be very difficult to beat on their own patch on Saturday.

I would be most content with a draw.

At this stage of the season, I'd be more apply with another performance that proves we are on the right track. We have not had a complete ninety minutes yet and it will probably take our best performance of the season , so far, to take something from this fixture. Having said that, it would be great to keep building momentum by continuing our recent good run.

Just had a look at train times........only 3 direct trains back to Motherwell after the game 17.42 ,18.26 then 23.14

The inter city trains don't seem to be available .....engineering works ???

Yeah, going through is no bother on the 11am inter city but the return options are a bit strange. The 18.26 is an ok journey time but a bit early for a day out plan and the 23.14 is a bit late if I want to survive Sunday! There's other options but they take a long time due to changes. A lot more complicated than it has been in the past.

Looking forward to this one. I live about a 10 minute walk from Easter Road so this is my home game.

As others have said, this game should provide a good indication of where we're at and really test just how good some of our new guys are as they come up against some of the better players in the league - Kipre vs Stokes, Bigi/Rose vs Mcginn etc.

My mindset going into this game could not be more different than to a comparable game last year. You know that with this team you are guaranteed effort and endeavour which was not the case with every game last year and whilst that doesn't count for everything you can be sure there won't be any 1-5 Dundee or 6-0 (was it?) Hearts performances. Hibs will know they've been in a game.

Overall I would be satisfied with a draw but if Accies can go there and win there's no reason why we can't do the same.

Being cautious I'll predict an entertaining 2-2. Moult and Bowman for us, Stokes and Boyle for them.

It'll be interesting to see if we go with two up front tomorrow. I can see the case for both sides of either Moult up himself or continue the partnership with Moult and Bowman. I just hope we don't end up playing like we did in Perth with a striker playing on the left wing and being completely ineffective.

It'll be interesting to see if we go with two up front tomorrow. I can see the case for both sides of either Moult up himself or continue the partnership with Moult and Bowman. I just hope we don't end up playing like we did in Perth with a striker playing on the left wing and being completely ineffective.

Think we have proved on numerous occasions that Moult isnt as effective up front on his own. His partnership with Bowman looks very promising. It would be utter madness to split it up tomorrow.

Lets play our game and let Hibs worry about how to deal with us instead of the other way about.

• Like 2

Think we have proved on numerous occasions that Moult isnt as effective up front on his own. His partnership with Bowman looks very promising. It would be utter madness to split it up tomorrow.

Lets play our game and let Hibs worry about how to deal with us instead of the other way about.

You might be right but I think we need to prove a few things before we can go and attack against better teams. I'm less bothered about tomorrow than Thursday night which is a massive game but the defensive performance in the first half against Rangers and against St Johnstone is still in my mind. These next three games are a step up.

I'd go....

Carson

Tait Kipre Hartley Dunne

Cadden Campbell Bigirimama Mchugh Tanner

Moult

You might be right but I think we need to prove a few things before we can go and attack against better teams. I'm less bothered about tomorrow than Thursday night which is a massive game but the defensive performance in the first half against Rangers and against St Johnstone is still in my mind. These next three games are a step up.

I'd go....

Carson

Tait Kipre Hartley Dunne

Moult

Your lack of belief in Bowman's abilities have been well stated but I don't think that when we finally get to the point after a year where any striker is in as good a place as he's ever been since arriving at the club and has just scored in consecutive games that papping him back on the bench is really the most clever thing to do.

I'd go....

Carson

Tait Kipre Hartley Dunne

Moult

A few problems with that.

Dunne is not a left back.

Tait is more suited to wing back as he's better going forward than defensively.

Moult finds it difficult playing up front himself.

For me, we don't have the players for 451. And not really for 442 either...