Esteban Casagolda

hammerfist

Hey all i caught a rumour that we are on the verge of signing spanish goal machine Esteban Casagolda. I saw on Stockport County website he played a friendly down there few weeks ago and banged in 2 in the first half. That was his first visit to the UK. I saw him up at Motherwell and see no other reports that he is looking else where. Come on board snap this kid up 46 goals in 97 matches in the belgium league. Well worth a punt!!!! Watch this space.......

from the same board -

Got a reply from my mate in Belgium.

"Yes, I know him well, he was part of our youth academy for a few years. He made his breakthrough while we were still in the Belgian top flight but never made it. He was part of the group a few times (among our 16 players for certain games) but never got to play a single minute with us. We had to get rid of some players after we got relegated and that's how he ended up at RC Mechelen in Division 3. Mechelen just got relegated to Division 4 after a terrible season but I have no idea how he fared for them. Would think that RC Mechelen's level last season was not on a patch with yours, despite the fact County ended up in the exact same situation as them.

I reckon he has potential, question is obviously to know if that potential will materialise into something tangible one day.

PS: he's rumoured to have signed with SK Zottegem (Belgian Division 3) over here? " B-)

and regarding the 'goals' he is alleged to have scored in his career

For all I know, the stats your "friend" has might be correct for Casagolda's games in our youth teams but he has NEVER ever scored a single goal for us in a competitive game. After all, I've only been going to Molenbeek for 21 years, haven't it? So 26 goals in 51 games? Where and when?

Casagolda is 23. RWDM went bankrupt and only reappeared as FC Brussels in the 2002-2003 season. Meaning he was 14 in the last RWDM year. A 14 year old kid playing first team football in the Belgian top flight? Please.....

Just had a more detailed look and I think the stats your "friend" is coming with are combined reserves/youth teams stats.

Casagolda has played twice with our first team: once in a friendly and once in the league where he came in as a sub with two minutes to play. So that's 26 goals in two minutes according to your best mate. Not bad at all, surprised the Guiness book is not on it.

I am willing to pay to know in which first team games he scored!

Thats good info but i read the report on his Stockport County game on their site and Casagolda scored twice and i also know that he should have had half a dozen. I am aware he was a target for Kilmarnock Fc and also both Rangers and Celtic have been keeping a firm eye on him. Thats not a rumour that came from both parties scouts. Hearts were keen to open talks and i believe he has stated he wants to become a Motherwell player! Stats and heart are one thing my friend but a player with options and potential choosing our club over many then i have to say i wish the club the best and hope that he is given the opportunity. Too many players choose greater options and he wants to be with well!!!! Speaks volumes and the coaching team here will only make him a superior striker and thats what we need. If he has the potential and the dedication and loyalty to us the LEAST we can do is get behind him and welcome him.........

It would be crazy to ignore a talent that desires to be a Motherwell player over all the other clubs or is that me just being a loyal fan????????

• Haha 1

HA HA Aye a wish a was im a joiner lol.... Just a motherwell fan and in touch with a few scouts. I am friends with Bill Maclaren and he keeps me right lads. I am passionate about our club and i just want a loyal striker not a striker to come in with no heart and no loyalty to us and disapear.

P.S Johny Utaka rumoured to go from Portsmouth to Rangers.............

John Utaka is on 30k a week my man and wants out of pompey a.s.a.p so that could be reduced! Rangers could snap him up for 1 million or so easy. Dont know how far the talks have gone but we will see. Pompey would sell him at knock off price. My only concern is our backs being able to cope with Utaka?????

John Utaka is on 30k a week my man and wants out of pompey a.s.a.p so that could be reduced! Rangers could snap him up for 1 million or so easy. Dont know how far the talks have gone but we will see. Pompey would sell him at knock off price. My only concern is our backs being able to cope with Utaka?????

utaka is on £80k a week it was made public when pompey went into administration

He is represented by a FIFA agent who i may add is my friend and he is on 30k a week!!! Look thats not fabrication or rumour thats fact they are offloading him because of the financial situation and also the fact the player no longer desires to play there!!!!

P.S Goes up 10% as soon as the season kicks off if he dont get sold!!!!!!

Go onto the Stockport County Website mate and have a look! On Casagolda i can only tell the lads what i see. I believe we will have him shortly and if he is up to the hype then as fans we should be sticking together!

what makes you think well have him shortly

One of those feelings mate! Its not something you would just pluck out the sky. He is on trial at well and im behind him if he shows loyalty to us and so should every other Motherwell fan. Until im proved wrong we should be stickin together, we used to have one of the best supports in Scotland for stickin together

One of those feelings mate! Its not something you would just pluck out the sky. He is on trial at well and im behind him if he shows loyalty to us and so should every other Motherwell fan. Until im proved wrong we should be stickin together, we used to have one of the best supports in Scotland for stickin together

milkys upto his old tricks again :cheers:

Go onto the Stockport County Website mate and have a look! On Casagolda i can only tell the lads what i see. I believe we will have him shortly and if he is up to the hype then as fans we should be sticking together!

He played for them in 1 game and is a goal machine?

He is represented by a FIFA agent who i may add is my friend and he is on 30k a week!!! Look thats not fabrication or rumour thats fact they are offloading him because of the financial situation and also the fact the player no longer desires to play there!!!!

P.S Goes up 10% as soon as the season kicks off if he dont get sold!!!!!!

No chance, His wage will drop because they were relegated. Even Pompey will have that clause in there players contracts.