John Boyle Steps Down

Browni

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading between the line maybe some sort of share /rights issue imminent.

On a personal note I think we all owe Mr Boyle an enormous debt of gratitude and I'm sure he will always be welcome at the club. (He can come and sit next to us and see what its like :lol: )

Thank you Mr Boyle.

Reading between the line maybe some sort of share /rights issue imminent.

On a personal note I think we all owe Mr Boyle an enormous debt of gratitude and I'm sure he will always be welcome at the club. (He can come and sit next to us and see what its like :lol: )

Thank you Mr Boyle.

+1

Thanks John,

Not many people would pump money at a provincial club like he has. We had some good times under his chairmanship.

Love him or loathe him, the club wouldn't be where it's at at the moment without him. I'm sure he still bails us out regularly out of his own pocket. Hope the directors have a strong business plan in place to take us forward.

Thanks and all the best Mr Boyle.

John Boyle has done a great job and we will miss him greatly when he is not there.

I think he's had a look at the proposed SPL reforms and the general state of the game, the prospect of positive change and thought he was fighting a losing battle.

If people didn't appreciate what John Boyle did for our club then I think it won't be long in the future until they do because tough, tough times are looming.

John Boyle has done a great job and we will miss him greatly when he is not there.

I think he's had a look at the proposed SPL reforms and the general state of the game, the prospect of positive change and thought he was fighting a losing battle.

If people didn't appreciate what John Boyle did for our club then I think it won't be long in the future until they do because tough, tough times are looming.

Agree 100%.

The 'cutting of the cloth" has been ongoing all season with this point in focus. The only goood thing about that is we have been running without his money and if any new investmnet comes in then it will be but a bonus.

I can only echo what other posters have said. Yes mistakes were made in the TV money era pre-administration, but I don't think we were alone in that.

Since then he's taken the financial hit and put the club on a solid footing, invested when its been necessary and gone down the right road with managerial appointments.

Bit worried, but I assume everyone at the club has known about this for some time and the plans have been made.

We really have been fotunate to have someone with the club's best interest at heart and im a tad worried now he's stepping down thanks John and best wishes. Be a dream come true if any likeminded loaded Well fan comes in. :evilgrin: .Yes dream on i suppose. :lol: . On a more serious note i thought he would stay to hopefully oversee us moving to a new stadium. Another dream i suppose. :cheers:

It's been coming for a wee while and I cant say I'm overly surprised that he chose the AGM to make the announcement.

I am sad to see him go, because I always felt he had the club at heart and you could trust him to do his best for Motherwell FC.

I have to admit though to being totally underwhelmed by the boardroom team that's been left behind.

I've always have a great respect for JB and what he's done for us since administration and feel a wee bit gutted that he's standing down - strange that it feels a bit like one of the players who's been a good servent to the club is leaving/retiring! - I wish him and his family all the best for the future.

Lets get our arses out to the game tonight and show our appreciation for a man who wrote off significant ammounts of money owed to him to enable us to come out of administration and continued to put more money into the club.

:lol::cheers:

I'd love to! Send the taxi to Rochdale :evilgrin:

Seriously I'm surprised JB's chosen to leave the club just now. We may not be the 3rd force in Scottish football which he envisaged but we've had 3 consecutive seasons of European football. Possibly a 4th on it's way, not bad for a provincial club!

Thanks JB for what you have done for the club, I wish you all the best for the future.

John Boyle's backing of Motherwell has probably cost him in monetary terms a kick in the arse off of £15M.

Without him the club could well have folded (yes the risk/reward/result of 98-01 didn't work out the way we would all have liked) but, like Chapman and McLean before him, I will not hear a bad word against him.

Lang may yer lum reek sir!!