orange county dosser

boyle ...is he getting it right ?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. is John Boyle getting it right ?

• yes . he always has
    • no . and he never will
    • mainly yes. but still getting it wrong sometimes
    • mainly no. but still getting it right sometimes

I know that opinions of John Boyle vary on here, but I was wondering if peoples attitudes are changing towards him ?

he has made some monumental errors during his tenure, but has he learned from his mistakes ?

wages, players, managers, ticketing, PR, and many other areas have caused serious friction and concern amongst fans, but has he turned a corner ?

with the decision not to sell out to Coakley last year as he felt the best interests of the club were not foremost, the appointment of Leanne Dempster to improve the PR side of things, the Cooper finally being given back to Well fans, and Gannons sacking because of a lack of commitment and refusal to sign a contract, coupled with sensible wages and squad size ........are we on to a "good thing" with Boyle at the helm, or would some of you rather see a new face ?

opinions please

*****EDIT***** poll now added

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. No doubt about it.

I think it's fair to say when he took over a decade ago he was more of a business man than a football man, but I think he's starting to surround himself with the right people and I think he now knows more about the game. Masterstroke how he got rid of Malpas, done well to get a good amount of compo for Mutley when his stock was low, pulled Gannon out of the hat and then showed him (as he did with McGhee and Malpas) that he won't take any shit. Craig Brown is potentially a quality appointment, as has Leann Dempster been.

He has made some mistakes, but not many people can run a football club for ten years and not make any, but I'm delighted with John Boyle at the moment and long may he reign!

He was badly let down by nevin, imo, when he first came to us.

A choice of an experienced gaffer would have seen a better return for his cash than billy gave him and who knows where we would be today if that had happenned.

But since admin he has tried to make things roight and has, imo, learned from some of his mistakes.

Up to a few years ago I disliked the man but now think he really does have the club's best interests at heart and deserves our support

John Boyle has done everything right past year. Getting Ruddy signed up should be his next step :thumbup:

Yeah cos the chairman should be the one who determines where the money is spent on playing staff. not the manager. that would be silly Especially when hes looking to pocket a percentage of the profit. Masterstroke by Boyle. the man truly is a genius at lining his own pockets. :notworthy:

Aaaah Burma - the font of f#ck all knowledge.

Boyle made a mistake appointing Gannon. That is now sadly a fact. At the time it was a gamble that for the first three months appeared to be paying off. But you know what - I am quite sure Gannon never said in his interview that he would fall out with everyone inside and outside the club and get cold feet when the going got tough.

Shit happens - move on and try to accept it. With every passing post I am quite convinced Burma is Jim Gannon :notworthy:

Considering the money is coming out his own fucking pockets I don't see the problem there.

Having seen Ruddy play the first half of the season I think Boyle has spotted along with the rest of us that he'd be guarenteed his money back plus profit in a year or 2.

Yeah cos the chairman should be the one who determines where the money is spent on playing staff. not the manager. that would be silly Especially when hes looking to pocket a percentage of the profit. Masterstroke by Boyle. the man truly is a genius at lining his own pockets. :notworthy:

it would be a masterstroke if boyle was to pay the money and sign ruddy permanently and then sell him for a profit so he would be a genius

it would be a masterstroke if boyle was to pay the money and sign ruddy permanently and then sell him for a profit so he would be a genius

Yeah it would be for Boyle. But when Gannon asks why there was no money for him to replace the players he doesnt rate and is told no chance. Then Boyle sees a golden opportunity to make himself some cash he dives in. Fantastic move. Not only do we NOT strengthen the areas we need to but we lose a manager and we sign no one in the transfer window. No manager in place til after tthe window closes im willing to bet.

John Boyle is a rich man for a reason. And its not because he has the best interests of motherwell fans at heart.

Much like Lobey and Frazzle, I struggle to think of much that Boyle has got wrong in the last couple of years. Sure he made plenty of mistakes in the years prior to that but it would appear we're now benefiting from that steep learning curve.

Was it a mistake to appoint Gannon? No. We needed a man who could get young players playing well and believing in themselves, and someone who could assemble a squad without too much expense. Boyle went out and found one. The squad we had in June this year, we needed someone with experience of working under serious constraints. But at the same time, it was the right decision to let him go now, even if not for the reasons given in the press statement. We now need someone to steady the ship and get the team through a period of crucial games when we are seriously lacking fitness (the games in Europe when we could have been working on fitness training were always going to come back to haunt us a bit).

For me in the last six months, Boyle has played a blinder...

Yeah it would be for Boyle. But when Gannon asks why there was no money for him to replace the players he doesnt rate and is told no chance. Then Boyle sees a golden opportunity to make himself some cash he dives in. Fantastic move. Not only do we NOT strengthen the areas we need to but we lose a manager and we sign no one in the transfer window. No manager in place til after tthe window closes im willing to bet.

John Boyle is a rich man for a reason. And its not because he has the best interests of motherwell fans at heart.

so are you telling us that were signing ruddy permenantly cause you seem to think you know everything thats going on behind the scenes at fir park

Aaaah Burma - the font of f#ck all knowledge.

Boyle made a mistake appointing Gannon. That is now sadly a fact. At the time it was a gamble that for the first three months appeared to be paying off. But you know what - I am quite sure Gannon never said in his interview that he would fall out with everyone inside and outside the club and get cold feet when the going got tough.

Shit happens - move on and try to accept it. With every passing post I am quite convinced Burma is Jim Gannon :notworthy:

Aaah Welldaft apologist for Boyle. i knew you would jump in.

I have accepted that Gannon is gone, but i cant accept that Boyle is still there. As Im sure you know your hero done lots of work and research into Gannons background and took lots of advice on the subject. Which makes it strange that he would get cold feet and fail to back his manager when the going gets tough......in fact i am becoming more and more convinced that Welldaft is John Boyles fuck buddy :thumbup::O:P:O

so are you telling us that were signing ruddy permenantly cause you seem to think you know everything thats going on behind the scenes at fir park

No Im saying that IF we sign Ruddy permanently and no one else then it will confirm my suspicions as to why Gannon either walked or was sacked.

Clearly, Burma, you have an issue with John Boyle and the way he has dealt with this situation. If the problem really was the fact that Boyle wanted to invest in Ruddy and Gannon thought that we could maybe get him on loan and sign a couple of other players, then maybe you have a point. But given that Ruddy had worked under Gannon prior to coming here and sacking Gannon would make it less likely for Ruddy to stay, I find it hard to believe that this is Boyle's plan.

If he really was trying to be that machiavellian, he would have bought Ruddy in the first week of January telling Gannon that yes of course that there was more money to spend. Then Gannon could walk or Boyle could let him go if Gannon found out that was not the case.

In short, if you think that Boyle sacked Gannon simply in order to buy Ruddy and sell him for profit later then you, sir, are off your head...

Clearly, Burma, you have an issue with John Boyle and the way he has dealt with this situation. If the problem really was the fact that Boyle wanted to invest in Ruddy and Gannon thought that we could maybe get him on loan and sign a couple of other players, then maybe you have a point. But given that Ruddy had worked under Gannon prior to coming here and sacking Gannon would make it less likely for Ruddy to stay, I find it hard to believe that this is Boyle's plan.

If he really was trying to be that machiavellian, he would have bought Ruddy in the first week of January telling Gannon that yes of course that there was more money to spend. Then Gannon could walk or Boyle could let him go if Gannon found out that was not the case.

In short, if you think that Boyle sacked Gannon simply in order to buy Ruddy and sell him for profit later then you, sir, are off your head...

Your fuckin right i have an issue with Boyle. This is the latest in a long line of incompetent

fuck ups on his part. I am royally hacked off with the stewardship of the club since Boyle bumbled his way in talking about the "NEW Motherwell" and then taking a club in the black deep into debt. I am not sure that Gannon was even sacked, I have a feeling that he walked. Anyway we will find out soon.

I have never believed or stated he is Machiavellian - I dont thinks hes that clever. He is an opportunist but certainly not a long term planner. There is no plan other than to make money for Boyle and then get out. The club is still up for sale is it not?

And if you believe that there is some long term goal here to make us a force in the SPL then you sir are delusional.

And if you believe that there is some long term goal here to make us a force in the SPL then you sir are delusional.

No, I believe the long term goal is to keep us sustainable and in the SPL. And we won't do that with a manager who is struggling to motivate any player he has with reasonable SPL experience.

No brainer for me. Boyle got it right...

Your fuckin right i have an issue with Boyle. This is the latest in a long line of incompetent

fuck ups on his part. I am royally hacked off with the stewardship of the club since Boyle bumbled his way in talking about the "NEW Motherwell" and then taking a club in the black deep into debt. I am not sure that Gannon was even sacked, I have a feeling that he walked. Anyway we will find out soon.

I have never believed or stated he is Machiavellian - I dont thinks hes that clever. He is an opportunist but certainly not a long term planner. There is no plan other than to make money for Boyle and then get out. The club is still up for sale is it not?

you really do talk some shite.there is no money at our club to have a long term plan let alone make us a force in the spl end of story