Scottish Premiership Game 9: Accies (A) Saturday 14/10/17

CoF

Looking forward to the game despite the big disappointment from last nights Scotland result.

What is Motherwell's record for playing games after a two week rest due to internationals, what I remember a bit mixed.

I take it the next international break in November stilll goes ahead, you would have thought that we could rearrange our midweek game against Dundee to the international break, or does Scotland going to play a friendly...god I hope not!!

• Like 1

I doubt if this will be a classic; more of the blood,snotters and sweat type of clash. Certainly we're better equipped for a physical tussle and I expect that our off the ball play will have improved significantly. We know what to expect from Accies - physicality, effort, determination and last but certainly not least "streetwiseness". If we get sucked into a right physical brawl we'll need to avoid being too naive in order to escape red and yellow cards, as its cost us in the past. On the experience of past games, Accies will know just how to play a weak or inconsistent referee.

Hopefully, guys like Cadden and Campbell will be fit after their foreign foray. Our midfield should now be able to compete and battle Accies for 50/50 balls, winning them to feed our attacking players.

No doubt given the ongoing drought Accies will need to water parts of their pitch.

I dont like the surface and I suspect most of the players dont either as it can turn these games into a bit of a lottery. However, I am hopeful that we can sneak a win. 1-0 to the good guys.

I love comments like this. Players in Iceland, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Russia, Sweden, Netherlands and more play on "plastic pitches" every week. Same pitches made by same people, so how is it only Scottish footballers have these perceived issues?

These pitches are tested every 4-6 months for run and bounce of ball. They play like a firm pitch, the only possible questionmark over them is how they impact players with regard impact injuries

Its "problems" like this that are the reason were still in the dark ages!

Have you seen the Accies pitch? It's worn, uneven and they don't take care of it. They don't even water it properly.

The ball bounces at waist height so it takes an extra touch to bring it under control.

It's not the fact it's plastic that's the biggest issue. It's the fact that it's a really really bad plastic pitch.

It's impossible to argue it doesn't change the flow and tempo of the game.

All the great teams play on grass. Fir Park shows what is possible. Or do you really want our home surface to be replaced by one of Accies quality?

• Like 5

Have you seen the Accies pitch? It's worn, uneven and they don't take care of it. They don't even water it properly.

The ball bounces at waist height so it takes an extra touch to bring it under control.

It's not the fact it's plastic that's the biggest issue. It's the fact that it's a really really bad plastic pitch.

All the great teams play on grass. Fir Park shows what is possible. Or do you really want our home surface to be replaced by one of Accies quality?

This ^^^

I can't speak for plastic pitches elsewhere but Accies one is poor. On our last visit there players from both sides found it difficult to control the ball, which very often took completely random bounces leaving players red faced. I've yet to see a team play good football on that pitch.

• Like 1

I love comments like this. Players in Iceland, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Russia, Sweden, Netherlands and more play on "plastic pitches" every week. Same pitches made by same people, so how is it only Scottish footballers have these perceived issues?

These pitches are tested every 4-6 months for run and bounce of ball. They play like a firm pitch, the only possible questionmark over them is how they impact players with regard impact injuries

Its "problems" like this that are the reason were still in the dark ages!

I love comments like this...

...the plastic park at Accies is fucking dire

• Like 1

Ive seen it, tho not in person. However, if it is so worn and poor, how does it pass the tests to continue to be fit for purpose?

All Im saying is this Scottish mentality of "aw no the kiddy on pitch we cant play on" shows how poor and weak mentally we are. Dozens of clubs play league matches on 3G every week, the biggest clubs in the world train on it, the biggest Issue I see is that it magnifies and illustrates just how poor Scottish players ball control and passing abilities are

And for the record, I wouldnt change Fir Park's surface for ANYTHING else in world football, our pitch is magnificent

Ive seen it, tho not in person. However, if it is so worn and poor, how does it pass the tests to continue to be fit for purpose?

All Im saying is this Scottish mentality of "aw no the kiddy on pitch we cant play on" shows how poor and weak mentally we are. Dozens of clubs play league matches on 3G every week, the biggest clubs in the world train on it, the biggest Issue I see is that it magnifies and illustrates just how poor Scottish players ball control and passing abilities are

And for the record, I wouldnt change Fir Park's surface for ANYTHING else in world football, our pitch is magnificent

My lego comment earlier is a bit of joke. But, Hamilton is a really poor surface - markedly worse than Kilmarnock's for example and I've watched both live plenty of times to form that opinion.

In general, I don't really mind if it is artificial or not, just get on with it. But it does affect the way the game is played. Just something else to deal with. The argument of injuries and recovery time after playing on it is another thing though.

My lego comment earlier is a bit of joke. But, Hamilton is a really poor surface - markedly worse than Kilmarnock's for example and I've watched both live plenty of times to form that opinion.

In general, I don't really mind if it is artificial or not, just get on with it. But it does affect the way the game is played. Just something else to deal with. The argument of injuries and recovery time after playing on it is another thing though.

Yeah the Injuries issue is a biggie

Accies pitch gets passed fit for use the same way as our old sandpit got passed fit for use. Plus, the authorities don't really care, and don't want to embarrass themselves by backtracking on the permission they gave to lay it.

When I was watching the play-offs at the end of last season, the plastic at Alloa looked 10 times better than Accies' pitch.

There's nothing wrong with artificial turf for football. It's the fact both Killie & Accies don't look after it properly meaning it's absolutely howling to watch. Some of the mental bounces the ball takes are laughable.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Allan Campbell running riot in midfield and Louis Moult continuing to absolute bury this diddy mob.

Really need to be careful with our tackles on a Saturday don't want to give Thompson opportunity for straight reds to rule players out of semi . I am not saying pull out of any just be careful to always stay on feet

I think we just need to play our normal game and what will be, will be. No use worrying unnecessary as it can effect the way you approach the match. Whatever happens we will deal with it when the time comes.

• Like 3

Accies and Killie have two of the worst artificial pitches I've seen anywhere in the World, including public parks. It's no coincidence there hasn't been a decent game played at Accies since they were promoted, because every single team in the league struggles on it. The nick of Killies pitch in their last home game was laughable.