Scottish Premiership Game 9: Accies (A) Saturday 14/10/17

CoF

I couldn't agree more, but as I understand it the point most are making is that this only works if you don't then have the stewards (who we're told to listen to), instructing everyone that the official line is to sit wherever you want. Seems the lack of consistency is the issue....if you want everyone to adhere to the instructions, then you have to be giving everyone the same ones.

Thats my point exactly Al. We have to assume that the stewards were passing on official instructions, and what many fans were doing was complying with them. The fault lay with the contradictory instructions not the fans who were simply doing as they were told.

• Like 1

That probably happened because the stewards decided it would be less work for them to make it a free for all.

This. The stewards seems to be one of those sub-contracted English mobs that want to do as little work as possible.

Last time I was there, the club had posted which turnstiles would be used for which ticket numbers. Turned up at the ground and asked a steward which gated we should use, and between three of them, claimed they didn't know gates had been allocated. So they just sent us to the nearest one.

Do Motherwell provide stewards at away games ?? I have noticed a young guy who is a steward at Fir Park has also been at the Edinburgh City game and was at NDP on Saturday. Maybe Motherwell send our stewards as they will know the Bois and maybe give them a wee bit of leeway. Anybody know ??

Reasonable assumption to make - perhaps someone who paid at the gate could shed some light on what happened - were they given a ticket when passing through the turnstyle - for a seat. I presumed the tickets left over and returned to Accies would be issued to those PATG punters - @Fal_Dosser - care to pass comment?

Hi D, yep, I wasn't sure I could make Saturday until lunchtime, and headed over for the gates opening at 2pm to make sure I got in (wasn't sure how many tickets if any, were available). And as mentioned, at that time, other than me, there didn't seem to be many using the 2 PATG styles while there was a fair q at the ticket gate ???

My ticket was seat allocated, and that's the one I sat in - was discussing the seating with a couple of guys next to me, and we were convinced they would enforce the seat allocation as there has been previous over there, but obviously not - the issue is not going to change, and next visit will be exactly the same no doubt - all I'd suggest is getting there a bit earlier and sitting in your seat, unless the club reading this take action beforehand.

For what it's worth, I don't have a problem with a ticket that gives entry without allocating a seat, but they need deal with it one way or another

MON RA DOSSERS

• Like 1

Just on this seating debacle. Sparra went and spoke to Tommy Coyne who was sitting with his younger son and three of them had rocked up and paid at the gate, they were given tickets for different parts of the stand which resulted in one of TC's kids being miles away.

• Like 1