• Chris Cadden
    • Andy Rose
    • Louis Moult
    • Allan Campbell
    • Ryan Bowman
    • Alex Fisher
    • Gaël Bigirimana
    • Null Vote

It's moult or it's Carson. Going for moult.

Kipre had a poor game today weeyin

I know he had a poor game, but according to Robinson he was pretty sick last night and not feeling well today. He was cajoled into playing so we didn't have to reshuffle our team.

• Like 1

Moult; Hartley; Carson - take your pick. Eventually went for Moult because of his 2 goals.

Big Cedric had his worst game since he arrived but as Robinson has said he was ill last night and was talked into playing.

Ill or not he was still too good for the tripe in blue he was up against.

COYW.

King Louis for me but a great team performance!!

In all my years watching the 'Well I can honestly say I have never had so much affection for a squad of players than i have for this lot.

Everyone from the fans to players, manager, general manager.....all in it together. I don't recall it ever being like this.

Good time to be Motherwell.....we are all Motherwell :)

• Like 1

Moult just above Carson for me. Feels so good to have someone dependable back there for the first time in a while. Every shot and cross they took I felt confident he would get something on it, and he did. But while Carson made sure we were still in the game throughout, Louis won it for us, so I went for him.

Hartley had a good game against imho a devious wee barsteward and made sure he knew early on.

Dunnne for me had his best game of the season. Still needs further work o his passing tho.

McHugh too i thought had his best game, possibly because it was a more defensive one.

Seems a shame not to give it to a 2 goal game winner, especially the sublime second, but or me Carson was mom. What a pleasure it is to have a keeper to place our trust in. Was it Souness in his Ibrokes days that said a team with a spine of GK, CH and CF is a match for anyone. We have that AND more

PS. Its ages on here since anyone mentioned Randolph

Carson was excellent today. Made some really good saves and caught pretty much everything that came anywhere near him.

Bowman put in another fantastic shift. Id need to see the elbow incidents again but I didnt think either of them were deliberate.

Pretty solid performances from most of the midfield and thought Bigi did really well when he came on.

MoM though is Moult.

Quite simply we wouldnt be in the final without his goals. The £900k we will have made along the way if we were to win it more than justifies the decision not to sell him.

Hopefully if he is to walk for free on the summer it will be as a Cup Winner!

It was a bit like Faddys goal in Paris. Absolute silence for a couple of seconds as the disbelief at what we had just seen passed and everyone looked at the linesman to make sure he wasnt offside.

Then absolute mayhem ensued.......

• Like 2

Thought Dunne had one of his best games in a well top. Hartley certainly backed up his pre match talk. Louis finish for his second will live in the memory for ever. After all that I had to give my vote to Carson today. Outstanding the whole game. Some great saves and commanded his box throughout. Delivery was 1st class too. Whole team played there part.

Credit where it's due, there weren't many poor performers yesterday. I thought Tait and Kipré were both off the boil a bit in the first half but improved in the second.

Went for Carson, as he kept us in it with some crucial saves - some of them were right at him but he held onto them and didn't give up any rebounds, which was absolutely crucial in the first half.

Could vote for 5 or 6 people. Carson for being absolutely rock solid and calming things down. Hartley for his defensive leadership. McHugh for leading the midfield.

But in reality the difference was Moult. Watched 90 minutes of them chipping crosses straight into Carsons hands and battering shots half way to Rutherglen whereas Moult was absolutely clinical. The first is poaching at its best, and the second is absolutely outrageous.

• Like 1