The Rangers V Motherwell Spfl Playoff Final 28/05/15

Yabba's Turd

I don't see anyway we can come out of this tie still being a premier league club. Its a very sad state of affairs but not much we can do about it. Anyone who goes to Ibrox on Thursday has my respect but i'm happy i'll be in work that day because it will be a dark day in the history of our great football club. You can fuckin guarantee Nicky Law will have the game of his life against our midfield and with McManus in defence along with Long in goals we will concede at least 3 goals against this shower.

McDonald and Erwin will get chances against them but i still can't see it being enough to stop the inevitable sevco victory. I really hope that between now and the summer Hutchison realises that Baraclough is a joke of a manager and puts someone in charge who will give us a fighting chance in the championship next season although I'm 100% confident that won't happen.

A thourghly depressing time to be a Well fan.

I don't see anyway we can come out of this tie still being a premier league club. Its a very sad state of affairs but not much we can do about it. Anyone who goes to Ibrox on Thursday has my respect but i'm happy i'll be in work that day because it will be a dark day in the history of our great football club. You can fuckin guarantee Nicky Law will have the game of his life against our midfield and with McManus in defence along with Long in goals we will concede at least 3 goals against this shower.

McDonald and Erwin will get chances against them but i still can't see it being enough to stop the inevitable sevco victory. I really hope that between now and the summer Hutchison realises that Baraclough is a joke of a manager and puts someone in charge who will give us a fighting chance in the championship next season although I'm 100% confident that won't happen.

A thourghly depressing time to be a Well fan.

All due respect but you sound like one of those blathering idiots in films that the hero grabs and slaps around the chops to knock them out of their hysteria.

This is a 50/50 match. We might lose but we might win. It's there for us if we approach it properly and ditch all the Private Frazer stuff.

Imagine what a boast it would be if we could get a couple of supports out for these matches that actually got behind the team and backed it for 90 minutes instead of grumbling, sitting silently, howling abuse at their own players etc, etc.

It's two games. Give yourself an optimism injection.

• Like 2

All due respect but you sound like one of those blathering idiots in films that the hero grabs and slaps around the chops to knock them out of their hysteria.

This is a 50/50 match. We might lose but we might win. It's there for us if we approach it properly and ditch all the Private Frazer stuff.

Spot on its a 50/50 game

Certain defeat,Why?,Well weve never in my lifetime supporting Motherwell beat Rangers in a big crunch game. We've beat them yes ,and under wee Tommy we did it quite regularly, but when its been a big game like a cup semi final we always crap it. Hope tae hell I'm wrong but it could all be over after the first game at Ibrox .There is just nothing about us at the moment tae suggest anything else.

• Like 1

I'd go with

Twardzik

Law Laing McManus Straker

Ainsworth Lasley Grant Pearson Johnson

McDonald

If Baraclough gets his tactics 100% spot on and we manage to soak up the pressure but still be able to have a right good go at them on the counter then we can get a result. Need a lot of big performances though.

97 was a crunch game for us. 91 was a crunch game for them. 94ish with Dougie's double was a big game for both.

Can't stomach the defiance that comes out the Britnat cesspit that is Ibrox. In equal measure though, I can't stand our inferiority complex. Incidentally, a complex that was galvanised by McCall.

Fucking in about them and take pride in our club.

• Like 3

A lot of people in denial on here. I always try to be positive about things i was there when Van Der Gaag nearly burst the net with the free kick against Dunfermline so i know what can happen when the chips are down, and if it was Hibs we were playing i'd really fancy us to stay up but its not Hibs its they bastards. McFadden toe poking the ball past Stefan Klos was the last time we managed to beat them and the last time we played them was obviously the cup game at Ibrox when we were beat easily by the worst Rangers team in living memory.

Also there has been a few opportunities over the last couple of months where the team had the chance to pick up results in big games when they were backed by very sizeable Well supports (St Mirren, Partick, Accies) and failed miserably, what makes this game any different from those away days ?

I would love nothing more than the boys to prove me wrong but i just can't find any reason to be positive. Sorry.

It's all about the first leg for me. If we can keep it tight and get back to Fir Park on level terms or even with a narrow advantage, I'd be positive of atleast not losing at home.

McDonald and Erwin should be able to run the legs off McCulloch, Zaliukas and McGregor. Keeping Vuckic and Wallacw quiet will be the key at Ibrox.

• Like 1

I'd go with

Twardzik
Law Laing McManus Straker
Ainsworth Lasley Grant Pearson Johnson
McDonald

If Baraclough gets his tactics 100% spot on and we manage to soak up the pressure but still be able to have a right good go at them on the counter then we can get a result. Need a lot of big performances though.

Straker?
Ainsworth???
You are having a laugh aren't you?
Straker had a sound game yesterday but prior to that he has been an utter liability. Other teams (successfully) targeted him as a weak link and gunned us.
Ainsworth turns on the style far too seldom, we can't start him in the faint hope he's gonna bother his arse. He could wear his kit from yesterday , never raised a bead of sweat in 45 mins ...

Straker?

Ainsworth???

You are having a laugh aren't you?

Straker had a sound game yesterday but prior to that he has been an utter liability. Other teams (successfully) targeted him as a weak link and gunned us.

Ainsworth turns on the style far too seldom, we can't start him in the faint hope he's gonna bother his arse. He could wear his kit from yesterday , never raised a bead of sweat in 45 mins ...

I've got no idea if Hammell is fit or not, so Straker is really our only option at left back. Ainsworth, our second top scorer and best winger.

Who would you play instead? ZFA and Thomas?

• Andy_P unlocked this topic