Steelmen Online Motherwell Photo Thread

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A sketch of some fans that I did at Fir Park in 1970 when I was just 7 years old. It brings back good memories of going to watch Motherwell with my dad. Cartridge must have been scarce as I’ve drawn it on graph paper, probably ripped from my school jotter! Anyone recognise anyone from my 7 year old drawing?

D-puA8QWsAADgyg.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

I don't see myself, but I always enjoyed the days when men wore a collar and tie to the match. Brings back some good memories.

17 minutes ago, mio said:

This sketch shows how the obesity problem has escalated in this country. I don’t see one double chin back in 1970. It was also nice to see bjorn borg in the front row turn up to watch a game. Good times!!

And only  one scarf at the top left and one tammy at the bottom left. Also, no females in the small group. Definitely a man’s world back then. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, El Grew said:

First 'Well team I saw - picture from 1964 season.

FB_IMG_1548944077744.jpg

Some great memories there. I remember a home game against Aberdeen when Dixie was on a hat-trick at the Taggart's End. So, like all the other  wee kids, I positioned myself behind the goals and down at the dyke to get a great view. Unfortunately, Dixie blasted it straight at the Dons' goalie (Tubby Ogston?) and the game ended 2-2.

I always thought Andy Weir looked really old, not realising at the time what he had gone through after his serious head injury and meningitis.

No Charlie Aitken? I always looked for his blond head and expected him to score at corners.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:51 AM, Happy Dosser said:

Some great memories there. I remember a home game against Aberdeen when Dixie was on a hat-trick at the Taggart's End. So, like all the other  wee kids, I positioned myself behind the goals and down at the dyke to get a great view. Unfortunately, Dixie blasted it straight at the Dons' goalie (Tubby Ogston?) and the game ended 2-2.

I always thought Andy Weir looked really old, not realising at the time what he had gone through after his serious head injury and meningitis.

No Charlie Aitken? I always looked for his blond head and expected him to score at corners.

Utter bollox: it was Joe McBride who missed the penalty.

Have auto-thrashed  with birch twigs and had a stern word with myself.