The Well Society

stuwell

As I am like most people in January, total skint, there are a few out there who are not. I am willing to trade a 1951 league cup final programme v Hibs and signed Willie Redpath photie for my £300 to buy into this. Any takers. Otherwise I will go for the installment option. It is just a fantastic opportunity for the fans of the club to also be part of the club.

I know it's been said many times but are our directors already holding back monies for a rainy day?

We've been reducing our squad every year to enable us to offer better terms to first team players. Thus, ensuring the wage budget more or less stays the same. Another example being the release of Steve Howarth (I know he was probably on peanuts, but was his money given to Carswell?)

Our cup exploits generated alot of money that surely was not in any way budgeted for. I am sure our chief executive said when we reached the final that we would be financially secure for the next 3 years.

So taking on board what i have said, why is our club prepared to sell probably one of our most talented players, and key players for peanuts (ok he has not been on the best of form, but his very presence in the team probably creates more space for others etc etc) , especially when he has 1 1/2 left on his contract. Surely, with Murphy in the team we stand a better chance of progression in the cup and europe finish this year, which again could generate more income.

Over the years we all have accepted we are a selling club, but have been often angered by selling players for peanuts, when lesser players, even in lower divisions get sold for considerably more monies. The club have stated they were trying to move away from those actions, but yesterday acceptance of peanuts and add ons would say something totally different. It's all very well getting add ons, but there is no guarantee it can help the club in the future, when a higher fee just now, would be far more beneficial. Perhaps it was our club that offered Murphy to Blackpool.Would not be suprised.

Whilst, i can understand there aint much money about, it again seems other clubs senior management can negotiate better deals. Our club want us to donate monies, because that is what it is, to apparently help the club out in times of difficulties. Is anyone confident they can manage our monies properly? Our club cant continue to apparently fail to generate decent transfer fee income, and expect the fans to dig deep again. Our loyal core of 4000 have been doing that for many years.

Yesterdays actions i am sure has raised a few doubts about contributing amongst some of our support, especially on the back of financial mess this country is in. We appointed a director to generate more money for the club. It seems his only contribution is to ask the fans for even more money! Yes, it would be nice to ensure our club continues at it's current level, but i am sorry families come first.

The club needs to lead by example and show us it efforts of raising income, without asking the fans yet again.

I know it's been said many times but are our directors already holding back monies for a rainy day?

We've been reducing our squad every year to enable us to offer better terms to first team players. Thus, ensuring the wage budget more or less stays the same. Another example being the release of Steve Howarth (I know he was probably on peanuts, but was his money given to Carswell?)

Our cup exploits generated alot of money that surely was not in any way budgeted for. I am sure our chief executive said when we reached the final that we would be financially secure for the next 3 years.

So taking on board what i have said, why is our club prepared to sell probably one of our most talented players, and key players for peanuts (ok he has not been on the best of form, but his very presence in the team probably creates more space for others etc etc) , especially when he has 1 1/2 left on his contract. Surely, with Murphy in the team we stand a better chance of progression in the cup and europe finish this year, which again could generate more income.

Over the years we all have accepted we are a selling club, but have been often angered by selling players for peanuts, when lesser players, even in lower divisions get sold for considerably more monies. The club have stated they were trying to move away from those actions, but yesterday acceptance of peanuts and add ons would say something totally different. It's all very well getting add ons, but there is no guarantee it can help the club in the future, when a higher fee just now, would be far more beneficial. Perhaps it was our club that offered Murphy to Blackpool.Would not be suprised.

Whilst, i can understand there aint much money about, it again seems other clubs senior management can negotiate better deals. Our club want us to donate monies, because that is what it is, to apparently help the club out in times of difficulties. Is anyone confident they can manage our monies properly? Our club cant continue to apparently fail to generate decent transfer fee income, and expect the fans to dig deep again. Our loyal core of 4000 have been doing that for many years.

Yesterdays actions i am sure has raised a few doubts about contributing amongst some of our support, especially on the back of financial mess this country is in. We appointed a director to generate more money for the club. It seems his only contribution is to ask the fans for even more money! Yes, it would be nice to ensure our club continues at it's current level, but i am sorry families come first.

The club needs to lead by example and show us it efforts of raising income, without asking the fans yet again.

It is frustrating that we sell players on the cheap but did we not reject a £1m bid for Reynolds. Swings and roundabouts, when the cash is there these days for players most clubs will take it, look at Rangers selling Jelly legs and basically giving up on the title. Of course everyone has a price but also everyone has a price at a time when money needs to be generated. With money behind our club maybe we will be in a position to reject shite bids for players and get what they are worth.

I have had a look at the standing order form for the Well Society and on it there are four installment options. Does that have to be March, April, May and June or could I go March, June, September and December?

I'm just wondering because I'm definately going to do it but I was just wanting to know so I can sort it out and no make an arse of the form.

I got the bumph in last week ............................ trouble is, having read thru it ................ there's nothing really in it for an 'exile' like me. :wallbash:

Does there have to be? - Surprised at your comment Big Fella :blink:. Surely sufficient to know that you're 'buying' into the 'Dream'. You been detached for too long? - time to move and get back among God's people.

yes i understand that, but do the club already not have the funds after last season to reject pathetic offers?

What pathetic offer was that then? I have seen nothing that would indicate that anyone outside the Club knows 'exactly' what any offer was - merely press speculation and fan hysteria.

What pathetic offer was that then? I have seen nothing that would indicate that anyone outside the Club knows 'exactly' what any offer was - merely press speculation and fan hysteria.

Aaah you spotted that then :rolleyes: You know there are times I think it's not even worth bothering with a reply but thankfully you did.

What would happen if all the funds raised from the Well Society were to be used if times were to get tough? Who contributes then?

If we were to have a couple of poor seasons i.e not having a good cup run or failing to finish in the top 6 would the the money raised be able to cover any shortfall for that period.

Gut feeling is that it won't work.

Times are too tight right now.

Aye you're right let's just pack it in now. :wallbash:

Defeatist talk gets us nowhere, certainly won't work if we all shrug our shoulders and act like there's no point. There is every chance we can make it work but it certainly won't if we take the Corporal Jones fucking attitude.

What would happen if all the funds raised from the Well Society were to be used if times were to get tough? Who contributes then?

If we were to have a couple of poor seasons i.e not having a good cup run or failing to finish in the top 6 would the the money raised be able to cover any shortfall for that period.

Theres an anual fee of 50 quid minimum too, i imagine wed have to have a number of disastrous seasons to drain it all, although ye do make a fair point.

Theres an anual fee of 50 quid minimum too, i imagine wed have to have a number of disastrous seasons to drain it all, although ye do make a fair point.

you don't actually have to pay the 50 quid a year to retain your membership.

once your in, your in for as long as it lasts. the 50 quid "buys" your benefits and i would imagine most people who sign up will choose to pay it but if you don't want to (or can't) you don't have to.

Aye you're right let's just pack it in now. :wallbash:

Defeatist talk gets us nowhere, certainly won't work if we all shrug our shoulders and act like there's no point. There is every chance we can make it work but it certainly won't if we take the Corporal Jones fucking attitude.

Just making an observation that people don't have a lot of money floating about and if they are already paying for a season ticket they might find another £300 or so a bit hard to come by.

And with that in mind I don't think enough money will be raised. Maybe I will be proved wrong - I hope I am, but as I say gut feeling says we won't raise the capital.

We have to back this. I know it will be hard for some folk, but there is the option to pay it up. This is probably the one chance we'll get to secure the future of our great club, and we have to take it. I have already joined. I don't want the club to get into the hands of someone who is waiting for the markets to recover, and then cashing in by selling Fir Park to Tesco's or something. So let's do what we can to find some level of membership to secure our club's future.

I was fortunate to be able to sign up and handed in my form today. I was already signed up to the Motherwell TV package which now comes with membership of the Well Society, so in real terms it will be £240 to join. We need this to work and I feel the 'Well fans will rally to this opportunity to move the club forward in a unique way in Scottish Football. There are sample packs with all the details on the desk within the ticket office for anyone who did not receive one.

My understanding is that the Society Fund would be used as a short-term loan-like fund.

They mentioned that the way that payments from TV, Prize Money etc are paid out, periods around January/February can leave the club short on cashflow. The fund would be used then (and of course only if required) during these times. The Society Fund would then be replaced as the income picks up again later in the season.

All for it to be honest!!!

I have had a look at the standing order form for the Well Society and on it there are four installment options. Does that have to be March, April, May and June or could I go March, June, September and December?

Anybody know the answer to this? Been filling my own form in tonight and would rather spread it over 6-7 months than 4.