Well Bois

Muzz

I for one will not miss them. I prefer singing traditional Motherwell songs and not listening to a load of children.

Mate, yer a fucking bed wetter.

Children? Come up to the older Well Bois one game, ask us about being children, we can tell you about all being in our mid 20's, having other commitments at times, which means it's a struggle for us to build the atmosphere every game(that's trying to address the "where are we?" type comments)/

I for one will not miss them. I prefer singing traditional Motherwell songs and not listening to a load of children.

I'm cautious of the time this post was made wondering if there's some alcohol fuelled devilment involved.

If said in all seriousness a quite ludicrous statement both in the dismissive remarks about those who have striven to atmosphere and backing if the team in recent years and as regards traditional Motherwell songs as you put it. How does any song become traditional without it starting somewhere?

Keep doing what you're doing Bois. More power to you!

Aye - I was wondering the same about the quietness. I think I posted a similar question after the first or second home game.

Suppose folk get older and have other commitments like a poster said above. Shame as it brought some atmosphere...much as I don't like being beside the drum if possible at away games!

Hope the Bois are back in force soon, been sadly missing at recent games. The game against the Rangers was the best atmosphere I have ever experienced inside Fir Park. Obviously cant replicate that every game tho some of the games in the last 3/4 seasons have been livened up with the singing.

I tend to go with if the fans are being entertained then they'll respond and that was the case yesterday, there wasn't much to get excited about.

I've noticed the decline in atmosphere lately but the games have been fairly poor too. To be relying on a small group of fans to make noise for the whole stadium isn't always going to work - the Bois have been superb for bringing back colour and atmosphere to games.

Hopefully they'll have something to sing about soon.

It's not been the best start to the season both on the park and in the stands.

The Well Bois have a small core group who go week in week out, when we are playing well the numbers in our section swell and when we are struggling the numbers decline. Unfortunately that's just the way it is at the moment. For some reason our away support always tends to be louder and more energetic.

It has always been our aim to bring more colour and noise to Fir Park and we will continue to do so. As always we would encourage others to get involved, come and sit in alongside us and help contribute to making Fir Park more enjoyable.

• Like 2

It's not been the best start to the season both on the park and in the stands.

The Well Bois have a small core group who go week in week out, when we are playing well the numbers in our section swell and when we are struggling the numbers decline. Unfortunately that's just the way it is at the moment. For some reason our away support always tends to be louder and more energetic.

If you concentrate fans in a smaller area rather than disperse them around a stadium you are likely to get more noise. Also I think there tends to be less families go to away matches and its more, let's say, the traditional football fan.

• Like 1

There needs to be a succession of fans who will eventually take over from the current core group otherwise it'll just fall away. This will require appetite for this to happen both from the current core group and future group as the current core group will start having weans and become alcoholics.

I thought this was the Well Society thread for a minute

There needs to be a succession of fans who will eventually take over from the current core group otherwise it'll just fall away. This will require appetite for this to happen both from the current core group and future group as the current core group will start having weans and become alcoholics.

Let's hope that the upcoming generation don't have the same attitude that a lot of the older generation have, who seemingly want to sit and watch their football in silence, frowning upon any kind of excitement or noise.

Let's hope that the upcoming generation don't have the same attitude that a lot of the older generation have, who seemingly want to sit and watch their football in silence, frowning upon any kind of excitement or noise.

You're ignoring the fact that people change as they grow older. I doubt very much if the current Well Bois will still be singing and beating drums when they're in their 60s and 70s. I don't know many older fans who dislike noise (barring abuse) or atmosphere. The older fans, who as you put it, sit in silence have been going to Fir Park for decades - will the younger generation be doing that in 2055? :spiteful:

• Like 1