Well Bois

Muzz

Geezer wandering round trackside with a cardboard box

"Erz yir macaroon and yir spearmint chewin' gum!!" (PK or Arrowmint, if memory serves me correctly)

Quality catering

Pies seemed to be floating with grease too, I'm sure that's what scarves were for, grease catching!

Geezer wandering round trackside with a cardboard box

"Erz yir macaroon and yir spearmint chewin' gum!!" (PK or Arrowmint, if memory serves me correctly)

Quality catering

Pies seemed to be floating with grease too, I'm sure that's what scarves were for, grease catching!

Not forgetting yir Kia-ora and Chipmunk crips.

• Like 2

Not forgetting yir Kia-ora and Chipmunk crips.

Kia-Oras unmistakably plastic taste, washing down the cardboard flavour Chipmunk crisps- a folk think the chicken curry pies are bad these days?

70s catering- all part of the match day experience- topped off with getting a hard time off the OF Orcs on the train back to Weegieville.

Funny thing is , those were far more enjoyable times, maybe just nostalgia taking over

I don't think it's just nostalgia - although obviously difficult to be objective.

I was a teenager when we were dossing around in the First Division and I think that's when the football bug really bites. I went to most of the home and away games, met up with my good mates at all of them and enjoyed the craic (which you had to do when we were so bad) and loved visiting all the old stadiums.

Live football was almost unheard off, so the week revolved around 3pm on a Saturday plus the occasional 7:45pm on Wednesday night. But that was it.

Mon - Thu was spent analyzing the Sat performance, then Friday was all about the weekend game. On the Ball and Football focus at lunchtime before heading out to watch then rushing back to the car to listen to Richard Park, Jimmy Sanderson or Bob Crampsie on the radio. Then Archie on telly on a Saturday night and Arthur on a Sunday afternoon.

Standing on the terraces defintitely added to the experience.

Good times, and a shame for the younger generation that never got to experience it.

• Like 3

*Then lost to the Jambos :(

One of the saddest nights I ever had watching the Well in the 70s, I was depressed for days after that one. It was only equaled by defeats from both Airdrie and Rangers in the semi final of the domestic cups. Those three defeats still hurt to this day. :(

• Like 1

One of the saddest nights I ever had watching the Well in the 70s, I was depressed for days after that one. It was only equaled by defeats from both Airdrie and Rangers in the semi final of the domestic cups. Those three defeats still hurt to this day. :(

That Airdrie one really hurt, when your at school in the f....g place. Hate it and them with a vengeance.

That Airdrie one really hurt, when your at school in the f....g place. Hate it and them with a vengeance.

Airdrie - Stuart Rennie penalised for exceeding the four step rule, that put us out. Only time I EVER saw that rule enforced.

Rangers- Penalty given for "foul" outside the box on fat Derek Johnstone, referee was about 70 yards away

Still livid,

• Like 1

Airdrie - Stuart Rennie penalised for exceeding the four step rule, that put us out. Only time I EVER saw that rule enforced.

Rangers- Penalty given for "foul" outside the box on fat Derek Johnstone, referee was about 70 yards away

Still livid,

I'll wager there's a few in our support who dedicated the recent humiliation of the orcs to the rotund diving one... I know my old fella did.

• Like 3

Still livid,

My heart sank when Rangers were awarded the inevitable soft penalty, I was standing with my dad and some other folk from the Forth, Lanark & Carluke supporters bus and we couldn’t believe what we were seeing. I really felt for the players that night as they didn’t deserve to lose that one. We never really turned up for the Airdrie semi final replay and probably got what we deserved. A cliché, however, it was probably our best chance opposition wise, to reach a cup final in the 1970s.

My heart sank when Rangers were awarded the inevitable soft penalty, I was standing with my dad and some other folk from the Forth, Lanark & Carluke supporters bus and we couldnt believe what we were seeing. I really felt for the players that night as they didnt deserve to lose that one. We never really turned up for the Airdrie semi final replay and probably got what we deserved. A cliché, however, it was probably our best chance opposition wise, to reach a cup final in the 1970s.

We were at the back of the Celtic (uncovered) end pissing rain all night. I lived 20 minutes up the road from Hampden, can still remember the walk home, absolutely devastated at the robbery we had just suffered. Then the pain of school with all the gloating h**s the next day. 1976, my 2nd year at Secondary school, can remember it like it was yesterday...

1976, my 2nd year at Secondary school, can remember it like it was yesterday...

It’s funny how certain matches stay with you for ever. I would have been about 13 then, an age when getting beat off any team was very hard to take. It does get slightly easier as you get older (I promise), as by then you have pretty much experienced all the ups and downs that go with supporting a provincial side. School was a nightmare (as I am sure it still is) and the Forth/Lanark schools there were no different from all the other primary/secondary’s in Scotland, full of glory hunting Old Firm bastards who never attended the games. And that is one reason why it was so sweet to beat them in the recent play off game, if only to say not this time lads.

Still livid,

It was AFAIR NEVER enforced, other than that incident and don't get me started on JPR....................spit, what a horrible taste that left in the mouth. If anything, coming from Harthill it was even harder to endure than the Airdrie one. I still say to this day we would have beaten either of the other sides in those 2 finals (Celtic and Hearts).

It’s funny how certain matches stay with you for ever. I would have been about 13 then, an age when getting beat off any team was very hard to take. It does get slightly easier as you get older (I promise), as by then you have pretty much experienced all the ups and downs that go with supporting a provincial side. School was a nightmare (as I am sure it still is) and the Forth/Lanark schools there were no different from all the other primary/secondary’s in Scotland, full of glory hunting Old Firm bastards who never attended the games. And that is one reason why it was so sweet to beat them in the recent play off game, if only to say not this time lads.

See you say that but they always conjour up new innovative ways of punching you in the gut. I give you Odense for example where if we had scored that penalty with 5 minutes to go, we'd have had 5 minutes plus another 5 minutes injury time against 9 men to take it extra-time. Where upon you'd have had another half an hour against 9 men to get a goal that would have taken us into the Europa League group stages and the untold riches that could have brought the club.

• Like 1

See you say that but they always conjour up new innovative ways of punching you in the gut. I give you Odense for example where if we had scored that penalty with 5 minutes to go, we'd have had 5 minutes plus another 5 minutes injury time against 9 men to take it extra-time. Where upon you'd have had another half an hour against 9 men to get a goal that would have taken us into the Europa League group stages and the untold riches that could have brought the club.

Funny, the Odense game didn"t really bother me that much. I reckon growing up watching Motherwell, the latter stages of the UEFA cup were never something I coveted. Scottish Cup finals and league cup finals probably were. Probably took the semi defeat to Celtic under Butcher when Corrigan made that passback harder than Odense...