International Youth & U20's Representation - Mfc Players

superward

Motherwell supporting Andrew Winter, son of ex-grade one official Brian Winter involved too.

Too early to say, but, not the only one of his age group who spent their formative years at Mini Steelmen and community coaching & not picked up.

One thing I've never truly understood actually is the link between the community coaching thing and the official club youth teams. Is there a pathway through to official or is kept completely separate?

I see. Thought we would be all over those teams like a rash making sure boys are flagged up to the academy.

Looking back to when my boys were that age, and I guess it would be much the same now, if anyone is outstanding at our community side then it is almost certain that they will also be playing boys club football and will have been noticed there already by our scouts (and those of other clubs). That is not to say that the occasional one is not noticed at a the weekly community sessions or holiday courses and picked up from there on the recommendation of a community coach (I know of at least one who was), but that is very rare - almost all boys who are signed pro-youth are scouted from boys clubs or picked up after being dropped from other pro-youth teams.

The Community teams are at the same level as boys clubs & play in the same leagues as the other boys clubs in the area.

From there, any boy that stands out will get scouted by pro teams, the same as boys from the likes of Mill Utd, Camby Talbot etc.

The boys that attend the camps, Saturday Club, etc tend to be unattached boys that can get picked up by boys clubs & the community team

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chris Cadden in the U21 squad released today.

Jamie Semple also played in all 3 games with the U17 squad over the past week. Came off the bench against Italy and started against England and Turkey without scoring.

EDIT: Could a mod change the title of this to Motherwell players in Scottish youth teams or something maybe?

Chris Cadden in the U21 squad released today.

Jamie Semple also played in all 3 games with the U17 squad over the past week. Came off the bench against Italy and started against England and Turkey without scoring.

EDIT: Could a mod change the title of this to Motherwell players in Scottish youth teams or something maybe?

Done

• 2 weeks later...

I went through to the game against Holland last night. Cadden played well, nothing too eye catching but a solid performance and he was the Scotland player who was still going strong at the death. Dom Thomas started as well and looked sharp with some great touches.

It was an impressive performance from Scotland in their first competitive game together against a much bigger Dutch team. Morgan from St Mirren was dangerous every time he got on the ball and Ralston from Celtic and McKenna were superb at the back. It was good entertainment for a fiver at the gate, hopefully they stay competitive in a tough group.

• Like 1