Scottish Premiership Game 6: Hibernian (A) Saturday 16/09/17

Yabba's Turd

So we have David Goodwillie playing after being found guilty of rape (albeit in a civil court), and Craig Thomson at Edinburgh City - a convicted child groomer, but Levein is more hated because he didn't like Faddy?

Who says fans lack perspective?

• Like 1

So we have David Goodwillie playing after being found guilty of rape (albeit in a civil court), and Craig Thomson at Edinburgh City - a convicted child groomer, but Levein is more hated because he didn't like Faddy?

Who says fans lack perspective?Taken entirely out of context and selectively quoting. You have a point on these

You selectively quote from my remarks. I was explaining, in some detail, why I dislike Levein. I have even less time for Goodwillie or Thomson but as earlier posts in this thread will show, the initial discussion emerged over peoples' perceptions and views of Lennon not either of the two reprobates whom you list.

• Like 1

You selectively quote from my remarks. I was explaining, in some detail, why I dislike Levein. I have even less time for Goodwillie or Thomson but as earlier posts in this thread will show, the initial discussion emerged over peoples' perceptions and views of Lennon not either of the two reprobates whom you list.

I didn't quote you or anyone else.

And the discussion was about who was the most hated person in football.

But apart from that, I agree.

Will be a really good test of where we are and I would also be happy enough with a point. I think Hibs will be a bit up and down this season despite the medias wishes for them to be right up there.

Lennon remains the most unlikeable person ever to grace Scottish football.

Often Lennon has been the personification of that Celtic brand of persecution and paranoia that is utterly infuriating, with a tendency to blame all his short comings on everyone else.

However listening to his after match interviews this season he seems to be showing a humility that hasn't been present up till now.

Perhaps being Hibs manager is good for him.

Craig Levein though, from his big toe to the top of his head, will always be an absolute arse of a man.

• Like 2

Alex Rae and Darren Jackson are up there for me too, deplorable characters, the pair of them.

As for the game though, seems like a lot of people are saying "would take a point". I'm far from expecting a win, but it's not one of those games where if I could choose beforehand to take a point and move on I'd take it. I'm feeling pretty confident about us going to Easter Road - didn't think I'd be saying that a couple of months ago!

Edited by Ogges17

Like I said over on P&B with Hibs only having had 1 home match and us only having had 1 away match there has been no real form established by either team.

Accies went there and won 3-1 but that could have been an anomaly, we don't know at this stage. The same goes with our 4-1 defeat at St. Johnstone.

By all accounts Hibs out played St. Johnstone on their own patch last week so I'd expect a tougher match than we've had since our visit to Perth but a result is more than possible if we can restrict teams to one goal or less.

Out of all the players I have met in my life, Neil Lennon was by a country mile one of the nicest and most genuine, spending time talking to folk, coming across as sincere and honest. On the park I hated him, but think he really thrives being the target of the boo boys and playing the pantomime villain, and at times his football related persona show him in a bad light. All boils down to passion for me, and he has had to put up with some amount of shite over the years for it.

That all said, hope we can say GIRFUY to him come 4.45pm on Saturday. Actually think it will be a good game to watch, could go wither way and would be happy with a point.

Back in my younger days I used to serve him food in the ubiquitous chip. I completey concur with your assesment of him. A nicer more friendly man never walked in the place.

He was an arse out on the park but I'm a wee dick at 5's and I never had bullets in the post. So I'll let him off.

• Like 1

Who says fans lack perspective?

Sorry, Weeyin, but you're being very unfair there.

There is a distinguishable difference between how likeable someone is and how deplorable their actions are. No one is saying disliking Faddy is a more serious or despicable crime than rape.

The crime Craig Thomson was convicted of is abhorrent and disgusts me. However, apart from that, I know nothing about the guy at all. I genuinely wouldn't know who he was if you showed me a picture of him. It's hard to dislike someone you simply don't know of.

On the other hand, Levein is someone we have constantly been exposed to and, while he may not have been convicted of any serious criminal act, has displayed enough behaviours and actions for me to find him incredibly loathsome.

Put it this way, there are some truly evil people who do some truly evil things but, based on the way they talked to me today, my boss is the most detestable person on the planet.

Which entirely backs up my point about perspective (or lack of).

I have never met Levein or Lennon, but those that have met Lennon almost unanimously say what a nice guy he is. Yet he is hated by many for the, almost pantomime villain role he takes in football.

If I judge people at all, and I try not to, then I look at their actions, not their words.

I get that football as entertainment needs heroes and villains, but let's not confuse that with "the most hated man in football." That's about as realistic as "the most hated man in Winterfell".

It's fun to have targets of ridicule and abuse, but most fans forget that at the end of the day, most of these guys are good mates off the field.

Anyway, I feel like I have contributed to taking this thread off track, so I'll leave it at that for now and get back to the game.

2 - 2.

Makes a big difference whether frear is fit or not.

If he is I can see Tait dropping out and coming on in the second half with Campbell, mchugh and bigi in the middle?

Interesting as to whether he goes for rose in the middle though - think cadden will be right wing back.

Tanner looked quite sharp the other night - good fitness check for him, but yes u20s totally different level.

Sounds from Robbo's pre-match interview like Frear will probably miss out, only had a day's training. Sid may be available for selection subject to his international clearance finally coming through.

Surely as he played for the u20's , hos clearance has come through already?

As to the folk that wound me up, the current Aberdeen manager and assistant are a couple of fannies. I remember one game at FP, Stuart McCall ran on the pitch to kick the ball back for a free kick. Both of them started screaming to the 4th official 'he just ran on the pitch' like a couple of spoilt kids. However, as special mention must be made to Mark Venus (assistant manager to Tony Mowbray at Hibs). He was an arse of a man with his complaining and winding up the fans.