Scottish Premiership Game 8: Partick Thistle (H) Saturday 30/09/17

Yabba's Turd

Weren't at our best today but still good value for the victory.

Partick were poor today but they were coming on to their best spell in the match when we scored the second after which they basically threw in the towel, so it was good timing and killed the game.

Allan Campbell continued to impress but felt Louis Moult was too wide too often today. Even if we did score three today we need our best finisher in the box, not crossing from wide.

• Like 2

Thought in the first half we were a bit subdeud yet still in control of the game. Came out in the second half and totally dominated thistle. Some really good performances in all areas of the park, Thought tait and Campbell were outstanding today. Spoke to a couple of jags fans on the way home, and to use there words "thought we got a doing today off your team but in fairness we are not the only team thats going to get a doing off the Well this season" now when supporters of other clubs say this you know our team must be doing something right. Bring on the accies. COYW.

That was a great performance today 3-0 flattered Patrick big time, it should have been at least 6. Thought moult was a bit off the pace but Hartley and Kipre were the standouts, nothing got past them all day. As for thistle they were shocking 8 games in and they are already looking like relegation candidates.

That was a really important game today, coming off a loss and with the international break coming up, followed by a run of away fixtures.

Thistle were pish, we were good for the 1st 10 mins of the 1st half and the entire 2nd half.

Thought Bowman, Tait, Campbell, Cadden and Hartley were very good. At the moment we're performing like a top 6 side, let's hope it continues.

That was my 1st visit to Fir Park for quite a time What a difference from the team we hsd under McGhie, everyone looked as though they were giving 100% and enjoying themselves. 3-0 did flatter Partick as we should have had another couple at least in the first half. Watching the manager get reaĺly involved too. Again a complete change from previously. Will certainly be back.

Hartley strolled it in controlling the defence and always dangerous at set pieces. Moult was off the pace and keeps looking for fouls when he should stay on his feet but what a freekick he hit. Campbell had a good game as did cadden. Tait was pick of the bunch, he loves a nutmeg on the opposition.

We were far from our best but thistle were rotten today. Some fouls given today that the ref should have just left and let the game flow a bit more.

Frear looked lively when he came on, kipre had his usual skillful charge up the park. Campbell would have had a great goal in the move with cadden.

Im enjoying my saturday nights these days.

For me, the most impressive aspect was our team work ethic. When Bowman scored the 3rd, he immediately was chasing down Thistle defenders from kick off, and the whole team continued to press right until the final whistle. Great to see the whole team celebrating at every goal also. Very, very impressed even though in the first half it was a bit meh at times, made up for it in the 2nd. I sit behind the goal in the Cooper and it was like the Alamo at times. Brilliant team performance, Campbell is rapidly becoming undroppable, reminds me of a young Stuart McCall in his playing prime.

There may have been more technically gifted Motherwell sides but I struggle to remember one as well drilled. Everyone seems to know their job. I remember on at least one or two occasions last season the question being asked our loud "what are they doing during the week?". Some change this season.

As others have said, totally professional performance today even if we've played better. No poor performances really. Some criticism of Dunne at the game mainly in terms of his passing. But defensively pretty solid.

Hard to pick a standout player but some of the interplay between Cadden and Campbell was outstanding in the second half...

• Like 1

Melvin has stole my thunder. I was going to comment on the link up play between Cadds and Campbell. Yes Thistle poor but take Nothing away from us. We start to go on a horrendous run of away games but we should fear no_one. Also what a bench we had, Very strong and everyone knows they need to perform or they lose their place. Tanner comes in today and scores so difficult to drop him. Means Bigi and Rose need to win place back. Lovin this season and long may it continue. COYW

I thought that was a very big performance from us today. After the two Aberdeen games it was important that we performed against a side that will be around the middle to bottom of the league. I thought they were terrible and can't decide whether that was because we were so good or they are just rank rotten, a bit of both I suppose.

The stand outs for me were Kipre, Hartley, Tait, Cadden and Campbell. Special mention to Bowman who might not be the best footballer but boy does he run his guts out. At half time someone near commented as the subs were warming up that last year there was always a couple of kids who would never get on now we have seven players who could all contribute if they were sent on.

Hartley was my man of the match. Never missed a thing, scored and set up one and talked Kipre and the rest through the game. To think we got £400,000 for Heneghan and got him in for nothing -some business. Tait was a close second.

I gave up picking an MoM because there were so many good performances today. Thistle were nullified and looked very poor.

Robinson was still not happy, screaming at a good few at various times but immediately moved Tait (what a trier: no wonder he takes painkiller before games for his Cruyff turns) after one of Archibald's substitutions.

Thought Frear might have been brought on earlier to give us more width but result never in danger.

The team seem to actually enjoy playing football for Robbo. Long may it continue.

It really is quite something that we signed bigi - who is a very good player and was seen as something of a coup taking a dip in wages and as he said himself was coming as a "servant of Motherwell football club" - and yet this great player who has a fantastic attitude can't get in the side because of Alan Campbell!!! Wow!