Flow - Credit Where It's Due

Goggles & Flippers

I'll put a caveat at the start that I know him personally and I have defended him on here in the past when I felt too many were unfoundedly sharpening their knives or stepping over a line in the sand. However I have also been critical where it was merited but when I have done so I've tried to offer an viable alternative.

I think it would only be the most downhearted Well fan who would not be pretty happy and optimistic of where we are at present and the potential of where we can go.

Yes under his tenure he's made a few mistakes, however none in the media as he's very adept at that and crucially gets on with most of the press corps. Maybe he should have stood up to McGhee a bit more or advised Les to wind in the spending but when you are new in post, people citing your age as a hinderance and ultimately dealing with very strong and opinionated people I can understand why he may have been steamrollered. In the same, for all we know he may have stood up to people putting his job on a shaky peg.

We have a manager who sees a happy dressing room as key. We're seeing it pay dividends as players like Bowman have been a revelation and 3/4? others have penned extended deals. News today of Campbell is what prompted this thread, a 4 year deal in this age is astute and a nod directed to both player and management for reciprocating faith in each other.

Our U20's are performing really well under Craggs, Las seems to be fitting together with Robinson like a glove and we have a first team where we've still really to see 3 players involved that on paper could turn games. A good summer with 80%ish (for now) success rate on signings.

Financially we're healthy (ish?), 4 guaranteed OF games, Hibs back in the top flight, Cup Semi with the TV and ticket kickback, Marvin's money and Henegen's improved season ticket sales and more astute commercial department that for me has injected a degree of professionalism into what was a bit haphazard. A pitch that winds awards and a new roof on the Hunter for free. Scottish Cup still to come in January.

Be aware most of the appointments now in place were made with Flow at the helm, under his stewardship and his influence. Maybe some of the naysayers would like to comment why they still hold a negative opinion or perhaps offer an apology ......

Credit where credit's due.

But the PA system is shite and the scoreboard doesn't work, so P45 in the morning Burrows you wage thief.

• Like 13

Does the Chairman not get any credit?

Seriously, I think 'Flow and the Board deserve a lot of credit, but let's not forget it was Les who orchestrated the restructuring of the club. That restructuring has helped everyone be more successful.

Plenty of credit to go round.

• Like 1

I'll put a caveat at the start that I know him personally and I have defended him on here in the past when I felt too many were unfoundedly sharpening their knives or stepping over a line in the sand. However I have also been critical where it was merited but when I have done so I've tried to offer an viable alternative.

I think it would only be the most downhearted Well fan who would not be pretty happy and optimistic of where we are at present and the potential of where we can go.

Yes under his tenure he's made a few mistakes, however none in the media as he's very adept at that and crucially gets on with most of the press corps. Maybe he should have stood up to McGhee a bit more or advised Les to wind in the spending but when you are new in post, people citing your age as a hinderance and ultimately dealing with very strong and opinionated people I can understand why he may have been steamrollered. In the same, for all we know he may have stood up to people putting his job on a shaky peg.

We have a manager who sees a happy dressing room as key. We're seeing it pay dividends as players like Bowman have been a revelation and 3/4? others have penned extended deals. News today of Campbell is what prompted this thread, a 4 year deal in this age is astute and a nod directed to both player and management for reciprocating faith in each other.

Our U20's are performing really well under Craggs, Las seems to be fitting together with Robinson like a glove and we have a first team where we've still really to see 3 players involved that on paper could turn games. A good summer with 80%ish (for now) success rate on signings.

Financially we're healthy (ish?), 4 guaranteed OF games, Hibs back in the top flight, Cup Semi with the TV and ticket kickback, Marvin's money and Henegen's improved season ticket sales and more astute commercial department that for me has injected a degree of professionalism into what was a bit haphazard. A pitch that winds awards and a new roof on the Hunter for free. Scottish Cup still to come in January.

Be aware most of the appointments now in place were made with Flow at the helm, under his stewardship and his influence. Maybe some of the naysayers would like to comment why they still hold a negative opinion or perhaps offer an apology ......

Credit where credit's due.

But the PA system is shite and the scoreboard doesn't work, so P45 in the morning Burrows you wage thief.

Agree with all of that, what a thick skin he has needed and I am so pleased for him more than anyone for the turnaround in our fortunes. It would be nice if some of those so quick to criticise and demean him would be as quick to acknowledge they were wrong but I'll no hold my breath.

Yes mistakes have been made but for me he showed he was the real deal by standing up to Rangers over play off tickets. He showed a bit of balls in our dealings with the old firm/establishment and I have no doubt that inspired OUR fans on the day.

There will be bumps in the road ahead but I am glad we have someone like Flow at the helm, and I suppose I should sign off by saying a) I am not Flow and b) I do not know him well

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Agree with above sentiments entirely. Not only does he deserve credit for what he has done in his management position but he also should be remembered for being the person who basically kept this site going over a period of time. The one thing that can never be disputed is that Flow is first and foremost a real Well fan.

• Like 2

He really needs to stop hanging about the touchline though.

I enjoy watching him on the touchline as it show how passionate he is about the Well

credit where credit is due, Flow had put a huge effort into Motherwell and it's now beginning to pay off for all our benefits

in years to come we'll need to build a new stand to name after him, or may be one of the bars in Fir Park

Still a startling number of keyboard warriors from the past few years who have the balls to put their hands up.

Just goes to show, for every good guy in C&A, theres two dicks. Still a better ratio than any other team in the league.

Genuinely interested in WTF this post even means ?

• Like 2

He discussed and went into details about many things, including:

Project Brave

Summer Football

Ticket Allocations

Solidarity Payments

Comparing ourselves to similar countries, rather than the EPL

Various things about his role and stuff about the Semi, Louis Moult, Stephen Robinson.

Really enjoyed it. Even managed to tolerate Derek Johnstone.