Scottish Premiership Inverness Caledonian Thistle V Motherwell Sat 20 May 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I think some are kidding themselves on a little if they are insisting there is no rivalry or no excitement in beating Hamilton. I would accept it was entirely one sided when they came up. So one sided that it was actually detrimental to us because they were always so up for it whilst we were treating as any other game. But in having our noses rubbed in it I think eventually stirred us into life and we've engaged much more than we previously did. They will always be the wee team. We'll always look down on them. But surely no one would argue that Moult's injury time equaliser or winner on Saturday wasn't that little bit sweeter because it was against them?

This is it for me. I want my football to have a bit of edge and over the last 3 seasons that's been building in this fixture. They tend to hold their own against us, and have dished out a few pumpings so fair fucks to them.

Shite club, shite stadium, shite fans, but not desperate to see them go down.

A win over Hamilton, is no more satisfying for me than a win over Patrick Thistle or St Johnstone. Last Saturday was special but it was purely because we beat our closest rival in the table.

For the ICT game, I'd like to see a few of the fringe youngsters get some game time including MacLean, Turnbull, Livingstone and Hastie. Very much doubt we'll risk Moult, Frear or Hammell.

I'm firmly in the "grass over plastic" bandwagon. Plastic pitches should not be allowed in professional football.

Saturday probably depends on whether Accies have the nerve/bottle with the extra pressure on them now.

I think from the performance they seemed to have had the other night I reckon they could get point at least. On the other hand, they've lost every game after the split and are in deep trouble and their bottle crashed on Saturday against us. It's up for grabs for both teams

I'd like to finish above Dundee and earn the extra cash that 9th place would bring. I note Stuwell's comments about David Ferguson. He is a central defender not a right back but I'm not sure about him. His contract is due up this summer and its interesting if he'll be offered a fresh deal.

It would be nice to finish above Dundee so I hope the team hasn't packed its holibags just yet.

I'd like to finish above Dundee and earn the extra cash that 9th place would bring. I note Stuwell's comments about David Ferguson. He is a central defender not a right back but I'm not sure about him. His contract is due up this summer and its interesting if he'll be offered a fresh deal.

It would be nice to finish above Dundee so I hope the team hasn't packed its holibags just yet.

Dundee? Let's target Killie, 3 points and 3 goals in it.

I'm firmly in the "grass over plastic" bandwagon. Plastic pitches should not be allowed in professional football.

Saturday probably depends on whether Accies have the nerve/bottle with the extra pressure on them now.

Based on the highlights, Accies certainly had the bottle in the Ross County game and were unlucky not to score 5 or 6.

Irrespective of who goes down automatically the other will likely get beaten by Falkirk or UTD. So probably best if we do win for extra cash but would not loose sleep if Accies go down automatically either.

You think so? History tells us the Premiership club is more likely to win, and in the end it's not a real contest.

• Like 1

Were fucking skint,the chairman is on the website begging folk to put their hard earned into the club,we NEED to finish as high up as possible! £50k is 1 players wage, Robinson puts out anything other than our strongest 11 he should come back into the dressing room to find his P45 waiting!

Dont give a fuck about Caley or Hamilton. Minimum finish 9th now,and we should be looking at 8th and hoping Ross Cunty do us a favour!

• Like 2

Agreed...I see whoever finishes in 11th spot as clear favourites to beat either Falkirk or United, just as I'd have considered ourselves to be favourites if we had ended up in the play-off.

How many Championship teams have come up since they were started?

There has been 3 seasons of playoffs. Only the first when Accies relegated Hibs has there been a Championship promotion. The current aggregate score is 12-4 in favour of the Premiership.

• Like 1

I think the quality of the SPL has fallen in recent years whilst the Championship has closed gap (see cup results). I would not have expected us to beat either.

A Championship side won the Scottish Cup last year, the playoff score was 4-1 in favour of the Premiership.

A Championship side reached the final the year before that (knocking out another in the Semi). The score in the playoffs... 6-1 to the Premiership side.

The Scottish is no way to judge.

Irrespective of who goes down automatically the other will likely get beaten by Falkirk or UTD. So probably best if we do win for extra cash but would not loose sleep if Accies go down automatically either.

I really enjoyed the Utd v Falkirk first leg. The problem all these Championship playoff teams face is that, as well a number of games in a short space of time at the end of the season, they haven't played teams of Premiership quality during their campaigns. As a result, players lose that small edge you get from playing at the higher level every week. The Permiership players are used to being closed down quicker, having less opportunities to score in a game and less time to make decisions on the ball.

If it was a one-off Final like they have down south, the Championship teams would have a better chance, but I still fancy Accies or ICT will beat either Utd or Falkirk over 2 legs. Both played well this week.

I see where you guys are coming from but I would point out that Sevco were a shambles with a new manager on board and a shit team. Hibs were in free fall with a shit manager. I would argue this would be the same as Caley this season (although last 2 games kind off challenges my argument) and Hamilton are a team who can't defend or score. The 2 Championship clubs have goal scoring strikers the SPL clubs have shit defences and in Caley's case Goalie. Last season Killie had made changes and were on the way up. I suppose time will tell. I just hate Dougie Imrie and hope whatever happens the little Holsenshcizer will be plying his trade in the Championship.

I think Accies will be more vulnerable in the play off than Inverness.

Inverness have had a poor season but they aren't a poor team. There are some very good players in there and they have actually lost fewer games than us or Dundee this season.

Accies are really struggling for goals. You have to go back to November to find them scoring two goals in a match without the aid of a penalty.

If you look at both Falkirk and Dundee Utd their goal power far exceeds their ability to keep them out. If Accies can't score twice in a match they won't win the play off.

Accies scored two going on 5 against County on Tuesday, hitting the woodwork a couple of times and shots cleared off the line.

However, they have a much bigger advantage in their defence. Teams like Utd and Fakrik get away with poor defending while they are scoring plenty of goals.

They won't find it as easy to score against teams that have been drilling their defence to play against Celtic and Aberdeen.