Lionel Ainsworth

He is a luxury player but he is a player nearly every team expect Celtic would probably have in their squad.

He can be frustrating at times but also a game changer and those type are hard to find.

I also think he looks like he has a real good feeling about the club.

So with all of the above what should the club do, go all out to keep him for another year or say thanks and move on.

Whatever happens I have some great memories of him and his goal at Ibrox is one of my favourites.

It was great to see him go out on a high but a fresh start will probably be best for him.

I actually think his attitude on the park in terms of work rate got a lot better the last couple of seasons but between Cadden's emergence and his problems with various managers we never saw the best of him.

Sadly Ainsworth is just one of those guys with all the talent in the world but what for ever reason just can't tap it on a consistent basis. And I don't think it's right to blame managers or positions he's played. It's him.

But even though he was pish 75% of the time I'll still feel a bit sentimental if/when he goes.

He's given us some great memories and good luck to him in the future if that's him away.

• Like 1

McCormack and Brian Kerr both had some belters, and Rob McKinnon had a few, but can't think of anyone who has more than a couple other than Lionel.

We've had some screamers though, going back to Kirk, O'Neil, then Van Der Gaag in my time. I've seen some decent ones in the dvd's I have from the 80s, Brian McLaughlin maybe, but it was harder back then cos the balls were made of concrete and we played on swamps.

Maybe a top 5 goals thingwy can pass the time in the summer.

Best moment in my 28 years going to Motherwell games. The sound of the ball hitting the net will never leave me.

Grateful the cameraman caught my celebrations.

Just watching that still makes me smile I will never tire watching that

Be sad to see Lionel go. Simply, he can do things that no one else in our squad except maybe an ageing McFadden can do. Id make room for him in our squad even if just on the bench as an impact player. He certainly hasnt been the weakest link in our squad this season and has contributed a lot more than some. If he goes, good luck to him. He has left us with some cracking memories!

Brian Heron?

Yes, he could hit them: fantastic left foot and gambling problem, allegedly. But who remembers him now? I seem to recall a screamer in a 5-3 victory in a night game (Hearts?).

He travelled back from the match on the EK supporters bus (when players talked to fans).

As for Lionel: the ultimate frustration for any coach, surely? Strangely, he seems to have kept his best performances for the vital games.

My impression is that McGhee had no time for him and was not prepared to offer any "emotional support".

Well, for all his faults, he was one of a tiny number of potential game-changers at FP in recent years. His goal yesterday changed the game and gave us breathing space.

Happy if he stays and I wish him all the best if he goes. He's given us some great memories.