New Kit For Season 2017-18

WilliePettigrew

I have seen some great Motherwell sides play in a white top.

At the end of the day, however, I don't really care what colour it is as we rarely need to wear one.

I've nothing against white away strips- I'm talking about the 1991 names running through it, highlighting that we've won hee-haw since. If the names weren't there the strip is fine.

I've nothing against white away strips- I'm talking about the 1991 names running through it, highlighting that we've won hee-haw since. If the names weren't there the strip is fine.

Aye, that one was not good.

So any clues as to which Macron template we are getting for our kits this season? In the three years they have been supplying our home kit we have had a crewneck style collar 2014-15. In 2016-17 we had a V neck collar and last season we had a polo style. We normally like to switch it around, so I suspect we might revisit the crewneck look. If we do I wouldn’t be too upset if we used the same collar as the new Stoke City home top.

Stoke%2BCity%2B17-18%2BHome%2B%2526%2BAw

So any clues as to which Macron template we are getting for our kits this season? In the three years they have been supplying our home kit we have had a crewneck style collar 2014-15. In 2016-17 we had a V neck collar and last season we had a polo style. We normally like to switch it around, so I suspect we might revisit the crewneck look. If we do I wouldn’t be too upset if we used the same collar as the new Stoke City home top.

I noticed on Macron's kitbuilder that they've a couple of new templates; Mizar, wezen and kiel

https://custom.macron.com/Pages/Category.aspx

If you were to throw a claret hoop around the mizar one you'd have a proper throwback 60s era top while the wezen one would look alright with the same done.

I posted this very quick mock up in the football kit thread to demonstrate how this Macron collar would look in C&A. It could work well on either a home or away shirt.

5twb4i.jpg

This would be a nice away strip, not dissimilar to the one we had in the 1960s.

• Like 1

Stoke%2BCity%2B17-18%2BHome%2B%26%2BAway

Did the Patrick white away kit 84/5 not have a claret and amber collar similar to this ???

This would be a nice away strip, not dissimilar to the one we had in the 1960s.

To me our late 50s/60s white away will always be associated with the legendary Ian St. John. A unique design that I have never seen any other side adopt. The C&A sleeve hoops were particularly novel. A sponsor free modern version would look superb under the floodlights.

• Like 2