Your Goal For The Club Next Season

CMWellfan

Two of the last three seasons have been painful, and if it weren't for the McGhee inspired run last season that would have been painful too.

My goal for the club has been the same every season for decades. Finish fourth. It's not often we overachieve in that regard and when we do it's exceptional. I reckon we could manage fourth this year.

Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen look to be in a league of their own, but Aberdeen may be dragged back into the fray due to the mount of players they have lost,

I can't see Cathro doing anything with Hearts.

I reckon Hibs will be flakey.

So that kinda leaves St Johnstone as the team to beat to get to fourth place. No disrespect to the other teams, it is always possible that one of them will have a belter/fluke of a season.

So fourth place would be magic, Mr Robinson - top six perfectly acceptable to say the least. And do us a favour, give us the joy of beating both of the Bigot Brothers at least once next season.

What's your goal for the club next season?

• Like 1

I think we should be aiming to make the top six. Anything further is a bonus, and if we narrowly miss out, then fine. But seeing how close the teams between 11th and 7th were this season, we should definitely be capable of challenging for a place on the top half come the split.

A positive improvement on this season's play would be my main wish however.

I'd be more than happy with a no drama season tbh. Win a few, draw a few, lose a couple. Win some back to back, keep some clean sheets. No horsings, no defensive shambles, no last minute losses.

Some decent football and a fairly stress free, non-relegation bothering mid-tableness. It's not *too* much to ask for eh? Oh, a cup run would be nice.

• Like 1

Realistically, with the city clubs budgets top 5 should be sewn up so looking at 6th or 7th. Id be happy with 6th - 8th and maybe a wee cup run.

As long as the football is better than our "brand" of football last season!

Primarily avoid another relegation dogfight, while holding out aspirations to challenge for a top six place if the squad clicks like we hope it will and if we get a bit of luck in terms of the teams around us. But 8th or above in terms of league position has to be heralded as a minor success given the last few years of mince we've been served up.

Anything remotely resembling a cup run would also be nice.

• Like 2

Finish 10th and a wee cup run.

anyone aiming higher just now is off their rocker IMO.

Do you really think so though? I mean, looking at last season, we finished four points behind Partick in 6th (okay we were eight behind County in 7th), but there really isn't a massive gap between the bottom six teams. Any one of us could sneak into the top six with a reasonable run of consistency. Aiming for an extra two or three wins isn't all that extreme really.

I'd definitely take getting through at least one knock-out round in either cup as progress though!

• Like 1

Do you really think so though? I mean, looking at last season, we finished four points behind Partick in 6th (okay we were eight behind County in 7th), but there really isn't a massive gap between the bottom six teams. Any one of us could sneak into the top six with a reasonable run of consistency. Aiming for an extra two or three wins isn't all that extreme really.

I'd definitely take getting through at least one knock-out round in either cup as progress though!

I think it depends if we are talking about goals or hopes.

As I mentioned earlier, my goal is to avoid relegation etc.

My hope is we push for the top 6 and get a decent cup run.

• Like 3

I agree with your analysis. Apart from the gruesome twosome and the Sheep, there's little to choose among all the other teams, and the Sheep could plummet if McInnes goes and they continue to lose decent players. St Johnstone have, consistently, done well and so did we for a good spell in the not too distant past. So, with some competent refereeing decisions, I see no particular evidence for us not being able to finish without any real relegation fears. A good run in one of the Cups would be nice, too.

I think it depends if we are talking about goals or hopes.

As I mentioned earlier, my goal is to avoid relegation etc.

My hope is we push for the top 6 and get a decent cup run.

what weeyin said