Your Goal For The Club Next Season

CMWellfan

I'm repeating myself but I think that it is going to be very hard for provincial, and especially fan owned provincial teams, to break into the Top 6 in the foreseeable future.

There was a time when we could compete with much bigger clubs for players, we just can't do that any more and at the end of the day money buys quality.

Hibs, who had nearly 20,000 people at their last match, and are now the third best supported team in the country, will surely be able to recruit enough quality to see them into the Top 6. It remains to see how the Cathro experiment goes at Hearts (personally, I suspect he'll get his jotters fairly soon into the new season) but I think we are probably looking at 1 realistic free spot in the Top 6 for the non city clubs to aim at and others are in a better position than us to get it, so I don't expect a Top 6 finish.

What I'm really looking for is just improvement on last year, or over the general standard of the last few seasons. I want to see us better organised, tougher to beat, play more attractive football and make sure we don't ship goals and points from Fir Park. I'm a strong believer in the home ground being a fortress and no one should come to our place and have an easy game, that above anything else needs to be instilled into the team.

I'd like us to ship out non contributors like Blyth and Clay, I'd like us to avoid injuries to important players and I'd like us to keep Louis Moult unless we get an offer we can't refuse.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the season ahead. I reckon we'll probably bounce around the lower end of that 4th-9th pack and be in contention for top six but likely end up a fairly comfortable 7th or 8th.

Now I've said that we'll either finish 2nd and win the cup or be relegated before the split.

I'd be more than happy with a no drama season tbh. Win a few, draw a few, lose a couple. Win some back to back, keep some clean sheets. No horsings, no defensive shambles, no last minute losses.

Some decent football and a fairly stress free, non-relegation bothering mid-tableness. It's not *too* much to ask for eh? Oh, a cup run would be nice.

That sums up my hopes also.

Most of us appear to be on the same page at least.

Be above the relegation dogfight, compete a bit in the cups, beat Sevco at least once, play better football, increase crowds, be in a position to build further for next season.

We've talked about goals, and we've talked about hopes, but my dream would be that all the new signings gel immediately. We win our first five games and then the momentum and confidence carry us on a Leicester-like run to the top of the table. The culmination of this dream would see Celtic coming to Fir Park for the first post-split fixture, 14 points behind after we've pumped them three times already, and shitting themselves as total underdogs. Needless to say, we horse them 5-0 to take the title, and go on to lift the Cup a month later after beating Rangers by a similar margin.

And then the little boy woke up...

• Like 3

Good football. Actually watchable, enjoyable football that takes away some of the apathy which crept in this year.

Cup runs and between 4th and 8th seem realistic as well.

The first part is important for me next year also. Hated our style under McGhee and we need some entertainment.

Also a wee cup run would be braw.

Going into every game believing we can win will do for me. Last season, McGhee was effectively writing us off before we took to the field against the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen.

If this can be packaged with a purposeful style of football and the emergence of a couple of exciting players, then we should be in for an enjoyable season.

Going into every game believing we can win will do for me. Last season, McGhee was effectively writing us off before we took to the field against the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen.

If this can be packaged with a purposeful style of football and the emergence of a couple of exciting players, then we should be in for an enjoyable season.

Yeah, I'll go with this. Avoiding relegation with some comfort and a cup run would be good but I'd also like to see us carry a threat. Players like Ojamma and Johnson in recent years have given us a little buzz of excitement when they receive the ball in good positions and I'd like to see an element of this return even if it's a player combination rather than individuals that provide it.

• Like 1