Phil O'donnell

Shotts Well Fan

The thing that came back to me on reading that article was the during the Hearts cup game, when we equalised the majority of the Hearts crowd stood and applauded.

Probably never see that under any other circumstances...strange but very poignant.

• Like 1

The way McGhee handled this terrible situation for the club was, unfortunately, very quickly forgotten when he left for Aberdeen. It was also a factor in why I was happy enough to have him back.

As long as Phil O'Donnell's family are happy with it, I would be happy for those fans who wish to, to celebrate his involvement with our club at the nearest home game to the anniversary of his tragic passing. It was undoubtedly a defining moment in the history of our club and worthy of being respected.

The thing that came back to me on reading that article was the during the Hearts cup game, when we equalised the majority of the Hearts crowd stood and applauded.

Probably never see that under any other circumstances...strange but very poignant.

Remember at the end as the players came to the well end, thousands of hearts fans applauding.

Anybody know if there's footage of the hearts game anywhere ?

Something I didn't know until I read your post. I was too busy going tonto! That goal is up there as one of my most wildly celebrated goals. I think the emotion of the day just took over. It was a special, and very unique, afternoon.

• Like 1

Aside from the ones that were spitting on McCormack, of course...

That was a weird, weird game. You could tell the whole occasion had overcome us, for the best part of an hour. Then we just flicked a switch and remembered that we were great, and absolutely battered them.

seems to be an outpouring of rememberance on social media today?

on the back of someone reviving an old club facebook post from the 27th December 2014.

the man passed away on the 29th December 2007, would seem to be the most basic point of respect to note the date