Partick Thistle V Motherwell 04/10/14

Yabba's Turd

We need to start the game the way we started the second half yesterday. As poor as we were you can't plan for players taking brain farts, making basic errors putting you two goals down. The timing of the goals yesterday also killed us. Cut that out some players back and we will hopefully start to turn the corner.

Hammell coming back in to replace Angol please.

You all know I like a wee stat.

Iain Vigurs has started 5 matches this season and we have scored 7 goals in those matches.

Iain Vigurs has not started 6 matches this season and we have scored 1 goal in those matches.

Coincidence?

We need Vigurs back in the line up to have a chance.

Not surprised at that to be honest. Despite having the appearance of a lazy player (Higdon, anyone?), he does seem to work hard and is the most creative player we have. Unfortunately, some of the others in the squad don't do enough to take advantage of the kind of openings that he creates. Hopefully he's back to fitness soon, and I really think that with the way a fit Ojamaa plays, moving across the line and always looking for space, we could see even more from Vigurs in future.

You all know I like a wee stat.

Iain Vigurs has started 5 matches this season and we have scored 7 goals in those matches.

Iain Vigurs has not started 6 matches this season and we have scored 1 goal in those matches.

Coincidence?

We need Vigurs back in the line up to have a chance.

it's clearly stevie hammell who is the key to our attacking problems.

2 games started and 4 goals scored vs 9 games out and 4 goals scored.

• Like 1

Even this early on in the campaign we are starting to fall into a similar trap that Hib’s fell into late last season. I really hope that we can dodge the dreaded play off spot this year, as I don’t fancy our chances against Sevco or Hearts who put 5 past Livi today. Hopefully we can at least scrape a point as another defeat doesn’t bare thinking about. I’ll go for an optimistic 1-1 draw.

I fear a complete collapse if we don't bounce back quickly from that defeat. We simply cannot to lose this and I think 3 points is really required if we have any hope of turning the season round.

St.Johnstone are playing St.Mirren so if we do lose St.Johnstone could pull away or St.Mirren could get to within 1 point of us.