Welcome to Steelmen Online
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Twitter : (28 June 2017 - 12:01 AM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 🎥 | 'Well number nine Louis Moult catches up with MFC TV at @CartonHouse in Co. Kildare: https://t.co/HPzj26k1Lv https://t.co/YC3MHHpN2g
Twitter : (27 June 2017 - 06:08 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @irnbrufootball: Well Colts VS The Spiders // #IrnBruCup https://t.co/tuktkxrKC6
Twitter : (27 June 2017 - 03:48 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 📸👍🏼| Smile! @tait0289 @DomThomas23 https://t.co/ijeQJMBL4b
Twitter : (27 June 2017 - 02:50 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 📸⚽️| It's day two at @CartonHouse, Co. Kildare, and the Steelmen are hard at work! https://t.co/rn3jDPB6CG
Twitter : (27 June 2017 - 12:16 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): IRN-BRU CUP | Motherwell have drawn a home fixture against Queen's Park in the first round: https://t.co/evjkAzlRor https://t.co/98lQh3HBsY
Twitter : (27 June 2017 - 10:01 AM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @SuppDirectScot: We are at @MotherwellFC today talking all things Supporter Liaison Officers 🤝 https://t.co/DbhpgFbOJG
Twitter : (27 June 2017 - 08:09 AM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): @irnbrufootball @EdinburghCityFC @AirdrieoniansFC @spfl For info... Motherwell Under 20s are number 42 in the South… https://t.co/huTPa8fAxz
Twitter : (27 June 2017 - 08:08 AM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): @irnbrufootball @EdinburghCityFC @AirdrieoniansFC And you can watch the draw live on the @spfl's Facebook at 1pm -… https://t.co/TJLVF4uriv
Twitter : (27 June 2017 - 08:07 AM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): @irnbrufootball 'Well, 2016 Youth Cup winners, played @EdinburghCityFC & @AirdrieoniansFC last year in front of a c… https://t.co/W5xrC1tMTd
Twitter : (27 June 2017 - 08:05 AM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): Stephen Craigan's Motherwell Under 20s team will be included in the First Round draw for the @irnbrufootball Cup at… https://t.co/IshiBQZukq
Twitter : (26 June 2017 - 08:15 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 🎥 | A quick little video capturing some bits from today's first day at @CartonHouse in Ireland:… https://t.co/zujPR44IHG
Twitter : (26 June 2017 - 07:41 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): ⚽️📸 | Some action shots from Day 1 at @CartonHouse, Co. Kildare, as the Steelmen continue pre-season preparations a… https://t.co/giXv7bGli6
Twitter : (26 June 2017 - 05:16 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 🎥| Goalkeeper coach Craig Hinchcliffe speaks to MFC TV for the first time following his appointment with the 'Well:… https://t.co/bmPq696F2D
Twitter : (26 June 2017 - 04:06 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): @nudge76 Because of the annual remedial work on the pitch, David... Renovations mean home friendly matches are very difficult to schedule.
Twitter : (26 June 2017 - 03:44 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): Motherwell FC has today appointed Craig Hinchcliffe as goalkeeping coach, replacing the departed @marlonberesford:… https://t.co/0q3K58yRNe
Twitter : (26 June 2017 - 02:57 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): We are also looking to recruit additional support in the following areas: Hospitality Stewarding (SIA licence requi… https://t.co/CyiErj0wYj
Twitter : (26 June 2017 - 02:27 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): We'll have @Betfred Cup prices confirmed over the next few days. All 5 clubs are working together on a collective structure for all games.
Twitter : (26 June 2017 - 02:25 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 📆⚽️🎟PRE SEASON PRICES | All the ticket information for the four (all away) pre-season matches next month:… https://t.co/4iOj06JBYK
Twitter : (25 June 2017 - 05:24 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): @MotherwellLFC @Farmington_FC The Ladies have cut Forfar's lead at the top to six points as the battle for promotio… https://t.co/JRrk0tQCqv
Twitter : (25 June 2017 - 05:21 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): Huge well done to @MotherwellLFC who are now eight league games unbeaten after a fine 3-2 win over leaders @Farmington_FC in SWPL2.

Most Liked Content

#410675 Thank You Motherwell Fc

Posted by JT1886 on 04 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

Would like to say a huge thanks to Motherwell FC for there generosity yesterday.

A couple of weeks ago i e mailed the club and asked if my daughter ( who is a season ticket holder in east stand along with myself and nephew ) could come over and meet a couple of the players to cheer her up a little bit as her mum ( my wife ) is ready to undergo chemotherapy again for the second time in 5 years.

I got a reply back from Leeane Dempster and Diane Harvey and they arranged for us to be invited to Fir park yesterday to the centenery suite before the game.

Once we arrived at 1pm we were given acsess to the suite and bar facillities and centre stand tickets and also tickets for half time refreshments inside the centenery, we were also given match day programmes from Peter Elder who went out of his way as he always does to make sure we enjoyed the day .

A lady called Jennifer Reston who knew we were coming took Kerri, my nephew Andy and myself out into the tunnel and onto the park before the warm ups so that Kerri could sit in the dug outs and get various pictures taken within the ground that she thought was superb.

We also met Diane who was just simply fantastic and could not have done enough for Kerri once they met, she arranged for her to get pic's took inside and after the game she arranged to get Kerri some great pic's took along with John Sutton, Kieth Lasley, Lionel Ainsworth and Sean Hutchinson and each and every one of them were so nice to her she thought she was it was great.

Also met Leanne Dempster after the game and we both thanked her for the gesture and she also was so nice and genuine to us .

so once again if any of the above read this on here thank you once again for making a day at the football that bit more special for Kerri as she loved every minute of it .

JT.
  • Brazilian, mwellhighland, Well-Made and 35 others like this

#350148 2012/13 Pre Season Thread

Posted by mwellhighland on 14 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Pre season 09/10

I think we will struggle this season and would take avoiding relegation right now if offered.

I reckon we'll finish around 9th or 10th and if we do that, then Gannon will have done well in his first season up here.

Posted Image

------

Pre season 10/11

I think our squad is a bit on the small side and I'm afraid I can see us struggling this season. I think we can forget about a top six finish this season and our main concern will be with matters near the bottom half of the table.

Posted Image

-----

Pre season 11/12

Motherwell will be fighting relegation, I know I say that before the start of every season but this season it's more likely than ever as we have a very poor squad and also a very poor manager

Posted Image

-----

Pre season 12/13

This could well be a long season for us and I think a relegation battle is on the horizon.

Posted Image

Lets hope you keep up your fine form MJC
  • lonewolf, Brazilian, SCDave and 23 others like this

#348783 2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

Posted by Stu on 04 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

Not sure about Carswell with what i've seen so far or Hately in midfield i say we try and get someone in. <_<

I really worry about fans like you in the near future.

Not sure where you've been recently but there's a wee issue going on just now regarding a team from Glasgow. Rumour has it that a number of clubs in Scottish football, including ourselves, may be affected by it.

Also, whisper it quietly, but our manager may have had his budget slashed by the pound or two due to financial constraints from the board.

There's a theory going round that we've been unable to offer enough money to players such as Jennings and Clancy. Word is, that's why they aren't with us any more.

Now, you might have spotted the odd rumbling in the media suggesting that numerous clubs in Scottish football face possible administration due to uncertainty over sponsorships, TV money and visits from Rangers fans.

It would appear that even on this very message board, others are offering suggestions such as paying at the gate instead of using their season ticket, setting up a fiver-a-month standing order or even collecting goods to save the club paying postage. Who knows why?

Yes, it's better to concentrate on issues on the field. Let's judge a youngster on a handful of games before he's really been given a chance to prove himself. You're good at judging players quickly. Have a look at the Michael Higdon thread you started last season.

Come on Motherwell board, let's sign a quality midfielder this summer. While we're at it, let's get a 20-goal a season replacement for that fat fuck Higdon. I don't want to hear your excuses about money. Don't you care where we finish in the table? Gosh darn it, if we don't qualify for Europe again this season I'll be writing a very strongly-worded message on this forum letting you know all about it.
  • lonewolf, orange county dosser, fat_tony and 22 others like this

#481634 Steelmenonline Traffic

Posted by Well Up For It! on 02 November 2016 - 09:40 AM

I'm interested in helping because I'm a fan who wants to see a stable, well supported club. Read this - I could send you 100 links like this -

http://inboundrocket...rnet-marketing/

Email is easily number one. By a country mile.

Don't listen to the idiots on this thread. They don't need to subscribe.

OK, I'll bite...

First of all your article is more than 18 months old using figures a further year old. It argues that email marketing is still relevant not that it is "easily number one by a country mile". It is still relevant, but has been on a steady decline year on year for the past decade. Ironically, your link is from a site pedalling email marketing solutions so you have essentially shared a skewed, biased sales pitch to support your argument. No doubt found from a google search.

Since you are an amazing internet guru you will know that email marketing can be tracked. Depending on the industry, you will be looking at a 6-11% average open rate for non-subscribed users, and 27-36% for subscriber users. Click rates for the former are below 1% on average, with the later only at 4%.

If we only had something that could let users who want info emailed to them to keep them up to date like an RSS feed or that that they could opt in too?!

And you are very much mistaken if think you don't need someones permission to "subscribe them" to your email. You can make it part of any sign up but by law must include an opt out. Sending unsolicited marketing emails can (and often does) lead to fines for the business.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I know for a fact a lot of folk on here do know exactly what they are talking about when it comes to this matter. I have worked in various marketing roles over the last 12 years, at an executive level for the past four. I'm CIM accredited, I do freelance work in digital marketing solutions and have even lectured on digital marketing on numerous occasions. Fair to say it's my bread and butter.

And all that experience tells me your are talking absolutely nonsense! You have had an idea that you are desperately trying to justify by frantically googling and digging yourself deeper. Put the shovel down and move onto your next crusade.

• Brazilian, weeyin, Al B and 21 others like this

#410679 Thank You Motherwell Fc

Posted by Wallace_MFC on 04 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

That's excellent JT.

Similarly to you I'd like to express my thanks to MFC (Leeann Dempster, Alison Wallace and John Sutton in particular) for their hospitality yesterday. At the start of the day I had planned to take up my usual seat in the Davie Cooper stand but after a chance telephone call with Leeann Dempster on Saturday morning my dad, my five year old son and I were invited as guests into the board room and relocated to centre stand seats for the afternoon.

My son was diagnosed with Leukaemia just over two years ago and is currently in his final year of chemotherapy. He's been to a handful of games this season and enjoys going, only down to the temperamental Scottish weather/ climate isn't always possible for him to attend. However it was a really nice experience for him yesterday.

Special thanks to John Sutton who gave up the best part of 30 minutes after the match yesterday to chat, sign autographs, have his photo taken and even take a couple of penalties into my son on the pitch. Highlight was when my wee boy nutmegged John when he took a turn in goals. Managed to capture all this on video to look back upon in years to come.

A really nice surprise and brilliant gesture from MFC. As a result I've had a very excitable wee boy singing the big John Sutton song ever since.
  • Brazilian, mwellhighland, fat_tony and 21 others like this

#312146 If Carlsberg Did Football Fans...

Posted by David on 24 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

Just got home from the Aberdeen game, and have to say that I'm seriously getting sick & tired with the moaning-faced c*nts that sit in the east stand.

I've heard the much-used "greatest fans in the world" slogan that Celtic fans like to throw around when talking about themselves, but I'm really starting to wonder if we should be branding certain sections of our support as the exact opposite.

In fact, the use of the word support perhaps shouldn't apply to these people. If we look up the term in the dictionary it reads as follows;

verb

[with object]

1 bear all or part of the weight of; hold up:the dome was supported by a hundred white columns

2 give assistance to, especially financially:the government gives 2,500 million a year to support the voluntary sector

3 provide with a home and the necessities of life:my main concern was to support my family

4 give approval, comfort, or encouragement to:the proposal was supported by many delegates

5 be actively interested in and concerned for the success of (a particular sports team):fans should always support their team fully, no matter what.

Now, entry number five is what should apply at Motherwell games, but going by recent reactions to the likes of Tim Clancy, Chris Humphrey, Stephen Craigan & Michael Higdon I think the last thing these people can call themselves is supporters.

It's no secret that the last few games haven't been our best. The above-mentioned players haven't exactly been firing on all cylinders (especially Higdon & Craigan). This is where the paying punter in the crowd comes into his own, right? When the players aren't on top of their game we step in and offer support (there's that word again) and encouragement to get them back on track?

Do we f*ck. If a player has the sheer audacity to play a couple of stinkers we get right on their cases.

Take today, for example. The ball gets played to Higdon after 4 minutes and he chests it down, turns and misplaces a pass. Uproar from the "fans" in the middle of the east stand.

The tone was set for the rest of the match right there & then.

It also appears that the team have the sheer cheek to retain possession when we have the ball. If there isn't a pass on going forward they do the unthinkable and play the ball backwards, looking to reset and move forward again.

A fucking disgrace!

Get it lumped forward so we can all moan like fuck when Higdon either doesn't jump for it or mis-controls it after taking it down!

One incident at around the 75th minute summed things up for me when Hately played the ball down the flank looking for Daley, only for the pass to get intercepted. The middle section of the east rose and fired the kind of abuse that should be reserved for a near-side throw in by Kyle Lafferty or Scott Brown.

Hately turned to the crowd with a look on his face like "what the fuck?!? Aren't you guys supposed to be supporting us?!?!"

If it wasn't for the boys up the far end of the stand I think the team would be hard pressed to get any support from the east.

If this is how we react when we're sitting 3rd in the table, four points clear of Hearts and two behind Celtic I'd hate to see us if we were fighting relegation.

Fucking disgraceful.
  • mwellhighland, fat_tony, MavericK and 20 others like this

#451257 Motherwell V Kilmarnock Sat 29 Aug 15:00

Posted by Waldo on 29 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

Ripley. Too tall for a goalie, shouts too much, and dives too often. Not in a shampoo advert either. Surely some sort of mind meld with Manuel Neuer is not asking too much.
Chalmers. If he keeps an injured Hammel out the team he must be rank.
McManus. Too old, too slow.
Kennedy Too young too fast. Was drawn out of position covering Law.
Law. Nepotism, coz his brother's, er something or other. Was drawn out of position covering Kennedy.
Lasley. At least six years past his sell by date. Never heard of a guy in his thirties play football, except for fives.
Taylor. Anonymous. Did he even touch the ball?
Thomas. Kept shooting! Far too young to be starting.More experience please!
Ainsworth. Lazy. Got pace but nothing else, couldn't cross the road. No wait, that was Humphries. England teir 7 IMO.
McDonald. Scored a last minute winner v Celtic. Illegal to criticise
Mould. Headless chicken. All that jumping and movement! What's that about? He's a No 9 Has he scored? NO. Well, apart from the times he has, obviously.
Laing. Came on at right back. Shocking, why replace Law?
Johnston. We paid money for him? Must have been a raffle ticket.Came on for a winger. Baffling substitution.
Some new striker guy. Came on for our striker. Baffling substitution.

Substitutions: Why does Baraclot insist on bringing a man on? next time you take one off put two on. Easy.
Baratit. Watched him at half time. Went up the tunnel a turned left. Clearly lost the dressing room.
Craigan. Why on Mars has he not produced more players. Five weeks into the season. Nothing. Sack him and free up a wage.
Supporters. Everyone who agreed with me was great. Others were happy clappy doom and gloom merchants. And what was all that noise about?
Crawford? Fitness? One of these players was panting after 85 minutes. Shocking.
Stadium. Falling apart piece of shite. Knock it down and build a superGreggs. We'll watch them doon The Calder. Hopefully they'll catch pleurisy getting the ball out the river.
Tactics. We should be playing the tried and tested 3-3-2-1-2 I perfected on my Amiga. I won the Ryder Cup with Luton Town FFS.
Quite simply the biggest pile of shite since the manure farm was hit by a jobby bomb. 3 points won, I'm raging
  • Al B, Haggischomper, Well-Made and 18 others like this

#355485 T-Shirt Design

Posted by Jay on 13 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Reckon I've got this one in the bag to be honest.

Posted Image

• lonewolf, Neil, SCDave and 19 others like this

#488795 Mcghee Out?

Posted by Burn_Broomfield on 28 February 2017 - 11:23 AM

Won't be gravedancing at the news.

McGhee kept us in the league and got us top 6 in a season where we were going down under Baraclough.  He's blooded youngsters as per his remit and looked to be safely keeping us in the league as 2016 came  to a close.

2017 has been a disaster with something seriously a miss within the squad.  The Aberdeen and Dundee games were sure signs of a manager who has lost his squad and unfortunately he's lost his job.

Our squad need to have a good fucking look at themselves this week, because their performances in 2017 have been nothing short of horrendous.
  • Al B, fat_tony, ONeils40yarder and 17 others like this

#441819 The Rangers V Motherwell Spfl Playoff Final 28/05/15

Posted by Well 4 Europe on 28 May 2015 - 09:38 PM

9h8it3.png

• Gaag, Tassinari, thisGRAEME and 17 others like this

#353611 Fans Display V Panathinaikos

Posted by Dee on 02 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

Guys, firstly thank you all for the excellent participation with the display. I am very pleased with the outcome and some of the photos are crackers!
When the team came out around 7 minutes early I feared that the East would not be busy enough and we had wasted a fair bit of money but photos prove that it was well worth it.
The atmosphere at times was electric and hopefully we can see more of this going forward. It was fantastic to see even the Main Stand on their feet for "Stand Up for the Motherwell".

In regards to the paper getting thrown at the Pano players, that was stupid. Nobody can defend it.
What I do think is important though is that people realise it wasnt those who set up the display who were throwing the paper. Its very easy to point the finger and blame and yes we will be the easy target. We dont want people throwing the paper which we bought onto the pitch as like others have mentioned it could affect us being allowed to carry out future displays and I think I speak for the majority of 'Well fans when I say that would be a big step backwards.

The broken chairs issue is something that we will discuss together and potentially with the club. Chairs will get broken. For us though, if they are broken in our section then I think we should take part responsibility and help out with the repairs & the repair costs. I'm not sure the opinion for the rest of the lads but thats my thoughts. Boys will be boys as they say and I am glad the club pointed out that there was no malice in any damage caused however with a bit of self-policing and control we could come up with a solution.

We will continue to try and enhance the atmosphere and overall matchday experience at Fir Park and we hope we can do that with the backing of all Motherwell fans and importantly the club.
  • alanhutton, mwellhighland, Tassinari and 17 others like this

#343462 Champions League Simplified

Posted by Uncle Rifle on 28 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Hello Motherwell fans

Just a quick congratulations on your fine season, and a wish for good luck in europe.

We in Odense haven't forgot what fine representatives for british football you all were, when you came to Odense to meet OB a couple of years ago. I had a great time drinking pints and talking football with you all before the match, and at Ryans Pub after the match.
I've been keeping an eye on your progress in SPL since, and I'm glad to see you go to europe again.

With a little more luck, you should be able to get into a group stage, if not in the CL, then in EL. We also haven't forgotten just how close you came to knocking us out.^_^

Good luck, especially if you happen to run into FC Kbenhavn, who are our rivals.

Kind regards, Uncle Rifle, Odense Boldklub.
  • mwellhighland, SCDave, ScottW1886 and 17 others like this

#328044 Motherwell Vs Morton Discussion Thread

Posted by nethertonwellfan on 04 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

MJC, get it right fucking up you. You know fuck all aboot fitba! :thumbup:
  • Haggischomper, ScottW1886, ONeils40yarder and 17 others like this

#352946 Motherwell Vs Panathinaikos

Posted by Busta Nut on 30 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

Celtics' Samaras, advised PAO to be very careful of Motherwell.

Posted Image
  • Gaag, Yabba's Turd, Iain7_mfc and 16 others like this

#343954 Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Posted by Well Up For It! on 01 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Not posted on this topic as yet but have been reading regularly and there is without doubt a lot of ifs and buts to be ironed out, but I'm firmly in the "kick them out" campaign. If they had breached one or even two rules then maybe there is an argument to keep them in the SPL with a heavy sanction, but they have KNOWINGLY broke a whole host of rules and their position as one of our "flasgship clubs" is completely unattainable! And I'm not taking into account the pending big tax case and rulings on EBT's. They have been nothing short of shambolic in their operations over the past 20years, and I hope (primarily for the sake of your decent Rangers fan...there are a few) that these rogues like Murray, Whyte, King, etc are taken to task and faced with criminal sanctions\charges.

Reading McCall's email, I have to commend him on the way he comes across yet again: very thorough, very professional. And I do agree with a lot of what he says and his reasons for his thoughts.

HOWEVER....

Releasing the strangehold the Old Firm have on our game would be remembered as the single greatest thing ever to happen to our league. As many have pointed out, we have a once in a lifetime chance to stop the rot rife in our game. Kicking Rangers out if they are reborn as a newco and absolutely throwing the book at them if they agree a CVA is a start and essential to sporting integrity...but getting a fairer voting system is also instrumental.

The financial balance of power in our SPL is beyond belief, with the top 2 benefitting from much higher and disproportionate prize money to the rest of the league. It is a firmly rooted capitalist system, allowing the richer to prosper at the expense of the less well off. So what if we lose the big SKY TV deal, having spoke to someone who knows the ins and outs of the deal a lot better than me, he believes a reduced TV deal would be compensated by an extra 1000fans turning up at the gate which would be more than possible in a more open Rangers-less and balanced league. The one thing it would affect is the prize money for league placing, but restructuring that into a fairer system again accomodates that. Make no mistake, the team that would be hurt the most should a Rangers newco be expelled to Div. 3 is Celtic...no matter what you read in a paper, or what Lawell says, for Celtic to milk the other clubs dry like they have for so long, they need there ugly sister by their side.

Sure we would take a hit in the quality of player we can attract for a few years....but is that really a bad thing?! Our clubs would have to rely on home grown talent, nurturing our players from a young age to be all they can and expose them to top team competitive football earlier. The end result would be a more competitive league (Celtic aside at first), better Scottish players resulting in a better national team, opportunities to sell on the young players to England to keep up running costs, etc, etc. Also the benefit to our lower divisions by having Rangers march through would be excellent. Also, many of the Old Frim fans and new supporters to football in Scotland could be more likely to go to their local team if they have more chance of a challenge.

This has all been done before by another Football Assossiation, the French. In the 80's there game went absolutely belly up and had to be radically reformatted. The end result? A completive league with 9diffrent winners over a 20 year period. The improvement in football (spearheaded by young homegrown players, exciting to watch who might never have got their chances in the old system) led to more TV money and reduced prices for fans. Money coming into the league was controlled and regulated. And to top it all, the "new breed" of French player managed to win the World Cup and the Euro's.

Not for a minute am I saying we'd be the same - a smaller country and all. But it shows it can be done. The grass roots work and current change in attitude of the Dutch League is also worth considering. Surely the powers that be can implement a balance to our leagues that incorporates these examples.

And over 10years or so we will come out the other end flourishing. Even back when Rangers and Celtic were trying to get into England/Atlantic League I've championed the benefits of being rid of the disease they are, not only on our game but our society. And the way the world is just now, it won't be too long before the bubble finally bursts on the spending power in football. Premiership wages in England increase and increase, so they demand more and more money from SKY to cover costs, which SKY pass onto the customers, who basically refuse to pay £100/month for football and cancel. SKY can't pay the Premiership and overnight loads of clubs plummet into administration with the majority facing liquidation as they simply can't sustain their debts. Whether thats 5, 10 or 50 years away, it's coming. And makes sense for us to be prepared. Lets start now with a revolution of Scottish footbal!

The Old Firm are like heroin addiction: It makes the world seem brighter, it offers self belief, it solves all your problems – but it also pollutes your system, turns you into an over dependent wreck by hooking you, leaves you with little money and will ultimate kill you in the end!

Time we got Scottish Football into rehab. No to Newco. Yes to voting reform.

(Apologies for long reply and for going off topic at points. Just wanted my 2cents worth)
  • Gaag, lonewolf, mwellhighland and 16 others like this

#381646 Michael Higdon

Posted by ONeils40yarder on 06 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Anybody know what hospital Steelboy is in? Going to take some grapes into him.
  • fat_tony, SCDave, ScottW1886 and 14 others like this

#374155 The James Mcfadden Thread

Posted by Frazzie on 17 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

He has signed it will be announced tomorrow

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If Faddy signs for the 'Well tomorrow, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if he doesn't , I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
  • Brazilian, ScottW1886, thisGRAEME and 15 others like this

#330622 Fir Park Dj Must Go

Posted by Jay on 22 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

The boy who gets off on making shite remixes just outdid himself with a Proclaimers effort against Hibs. Sack this ghoul.
  • Gaag, lonewolf, Al B and 14 others like this

#491943 S Robinson Motherwell Manager

Posted by Al B on 09 April 2017 - 11:10 AM

I think there's a massive (mis)assumption over what Alan Burrows does and what he's responsible for.

He's the COO, not the CEO. Yes, I'm sure he's involved in discussions, meetings and interviews at all levels...but he reports to the people that make those decisions, he doesn't make them.

A Chief Operating Officer is responsible for the day-to-day running of a business. He has much more to do with things like deciding which company gets the tender for the catering contract, or prioritising if the dressing rooms need refurbished, or the showers need replaced, and allocating budget for that and bringing in a contractor to do the work.

I'm sure due to the fact that we're a relatively small company, he's involved in other processes and his opinion is sought (in fact we know it is), but people who think he's responsible for player contracts, managerial changes etc are the footballing equivalent of flat-earthers, and seem to think he's one step away from picking the team.

His meetings and phonecalls involve more plumbers and turf companies, than they do agents and player reps.

• Haggischomper, fat_tony, thisGRAEME and 13 others like this

#383956 2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Posted by Al B on 24 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmcGarry!! Posted Image

Posted Image

• Gaag, Haggischomper, fat_tony and 13 others like this