• Andy Rose
    • Curtis Main
    • Chris Cadden
    • Nadir Çiftçi
    • Ryan Bowman
    • Gaël Bigirimana
    • Liam Grimshaw
    • Null Vote

Went for Dunne, classy defensive performance even though a lot of his distribution was still mince. Bowman did pretty well when he came on, and thought McHugh had one of his better games recently too.

Went for Dunne after an initial thought of McHugh. I think the blind pass McHugh made, giving the ball away made up my mind.

Went for Dunne after an initial thought of McHugh. I think the blind pass McHugh made, giving the ball away made up my mind.

Not so much related to your post, you've already acknowledged your consideration for the MOTM award, but I do have a little sympathy for McHugh currently. He's currently in that place (where Andy Rose was biding up until recently) where all he needs to do is make *one* bad pass and that's enough for some folk to decide he was rotten and to write off his contribution in a game.

• Like 1

Not so much related to your post, you've already acknowledged your consideration for the MOTM award, but I do have a little sympathy for McHugh currently. He's currently in that place (where Andy Rose was biding up until recently) where all he needs to do is make *one* bad pass and that's enough for some folk to decide he was rotten and to write off his contribution in a game.

Agreed I thought McHugh was outstanding today defensively.... the number of tackles and headers won and interceptions was terrific. He is a defensive midfielder and a bloody good one at that.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Big Charles Dunne for me. He was excellent defensively and did play some nice passes going forward. I really feel for the big fella though as I lost count of the number of times he came forward with the ball today, pleading for a team mate to show for a pass and ended up having to launch it long. Yes, his distribution has been poor at times, but we really need to give players more options ahead of them when we play out of defence.

On the occasions that Frear did run in behind, we got a lot of good balls across the box.

Also thought Main was excellent, especially his chasing of lost causes that won the ball in the penalty area a couple of times.

A mention for Andy Rose as well. Taking him off was the wrong decision as at that point he was thoroughly involved in driving us forward and starting attack after attack.

I was rather disappointed in Bigi's cameo.

Went for Dunne once again. The time they were breaking on the right and had two free men centre and left we looked like going two down. Dunne showed magnificent pace to get back and clear the danger.

As for McHugh I think he does a great job almost as a centre half in front of the back three. He wins lots of headers that might otherwise be our three centre halves that would be going for.

Praise too for Tait who performed well in yet another position.

Just to be clear, at no point did I write off McHugh's contribution to the game. I just felt Dunne edged it in the end and the loose pass was what I remembered most. McHugh had a good game today. Better luck next week Carl.

• Like 1

Dunne

Absolutely strolled it

Better and better every week

Thought Main was good too.

Great to see Bowman back and looking to make an impression, great positivity and touch.

On the down side, Frear ran out of either gas or bottle at key points late in the game, hopefully the former.

Big Charles Dunne for me. He was excellent defensively and did play some nice passes going forward. I really feel for the big fella though as I lost count of the number of times he came forward with the ball today, pleading for a team mate to show for a pass and ended up having to launch it long. Yes, his distribution has been poor at times, but we really need to give players more options ahead of them when we play out of defence.

On the occasions that Frear did run in behind, we got a lot of good balls across the box.

Also thought Main was excellent, especially his chasing of lost causes that won the ball in the penalty area a couple of times.

A mention for Andy Rose as well. Taking him off was the wrong decision as at that point he was thoroughly involved in driving us forward and starting attack after attack.

I was rather disappointed in Bigi's cameo.

Not much I can disagree with here...

I went for Tanner. Much of what happened up top went through him. I see a lot of praise for Dunne, which is deserved. Defensively he is looking really good. However, his distribution is quite possibly the worst I've seen. No vote from me until he improves that aspect of his game.

I went for Tanner. Much of what happened up top went through him. I see a lot of praise for Dunne, which is deserved. Defensively he is looking really good. However, his distribution is quite possibly the worst I've seen. No vote from me until he improves that aspect of his game.

I like Tanner but, and I don't have the stats to hand obviously, even with Dunne's odd misplaced pass I suspect his passing accuracy percentage was better than Tanner's today...