Welcome to Steelmen Online
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Twitter : (17 December 2017 - 10:34 AM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): A quick reminder folks that our re-arranged Youth Cup 4th Round tie against @StranraerFC, scheduled to take place t… https://t.co/rTy8WUsNpD
Twitter : (17 December 2017 - 12:01 AM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): HIGHLIGHTS | Kilmarnock 1 - 0 Motherwell https://t.co/XF4wQL3lue https://t.co/KC0KkLXdd5
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 09:08 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 🍾 | Looking for a Christmas stocking filler? How about a bottle of wine signed by your favourite Motherwell player?… https://t.co/kvgUVlBc83
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 07:08 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): GALLERY | Images from this afternoon’s 1-0 defeat at Rugby Park https://t.co/2CO2LJc8w7 https://t.co/XbvdEsPtUi
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 07:01 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): "We’ve played very well today and we haven’t come out with anything which is frustrating" https://t.co/2sv8AhO5XD
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 06:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): REPORT | Motherwell again slumped to defeat in an evenly-contested contest at Rugby Park, losing 1-0 thanks to Scot… https://t.co/2B4R6emHDx
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 04:51 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): FT: Kilmarnock 1 - 0 Motherwell https://t.co/aTxTZLacgR
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 04:47 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 90+1' | 1-0 Chance for Killie to seal the win as Kilitie goes through 1v1 but Dunne recovers well, holds him up an… https://t.co/oVGqfrePZy
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 04:46 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 90' | 1-0 Four minutes added on
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 04:41 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 85' | 1-0 Killie sub, Erwin on for Burke
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 04:39 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 82' | 1-0 Awful decision as Newell is hacked down wide on the left and lands on the ball with his hands. Free-kick to Killie.
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 04:36 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 80' | 1-0 Motherwell sub, MacLean on for Bigirimana
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 04:36 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 78' | 1-0 McHugh booked for a foul on Kiltie and Killie now have a free-kick just outside the box..Boyd drills it straight into the wall
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 04:31 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 75' | 1-0 Kilmarnock sub, Kiltie on for Brophy
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 04:29 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 73' | 1-0 Chance! Newell sends a shot fizzing just past the post from just inside the box
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 04:24 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 66' | 1-0 Jones comes in off the left and his shot is deflected and looks like it's going to go in but Griffiths s… https://t.co/JGGLFUoTNh
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 04:19 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 62' | 1-0 Motherwell sub, Newell on for Fisher.
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 04:18 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 57' | 1-0 Lovely turn from Bigirimana and then cross which wins 'Well a corner....headed just wide by Dunne!
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 04:11 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 55' | 1-0 Kilmarnock sub, Power off for Jones
Twitter : (16 December 2017 - 04:09 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 52' | 1-0 Tait feeds the ball out to Kipré who curls the ball in to the head of Rose but MacDonald again makes the save

Photo

Scottish Premiership Game 16: Hearts (A) 09/12/17 15:00

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

GraniteCityMFC

GraniteCityMFC

Pushing for the First XI

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Moving on...

Remember and take plenty money, as you may need to pay to get in twice  if the fire alarm goes off again! :biggrin:

grizzlyg

grizzlyg

International

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
Hearts for the taking, COYW

Yassin

Yassin

European Footballer of the Year

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Moving on...

Remember and take plenty money

For shelling at the opposition?

GraniteCityMFC

GraniteCityMFC

Pushing for the First XI

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

For shelling at the opposition?

Or betting on the wrestling!  :biggrin: 

smiddy

smiddy

International

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

why don't we go the whole way and invite Michael stewart as a club guest,and sit him in the stand beside levein n watch the sq go commence  :haha:  :haha: 

milo

milo

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,034 posts
Hearts are having a very disappointing season so far.

Im looking for us to take something from this game to be honest.
"In his book, "Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower," William Blum warns of how the media will make anything that smacks of "conspiracy theory" an immediate "object of ridicule." This prevents the media from ever having to investigate the many strange interconnections among the ruling class -- for example, the relationship between the boards of directors of media giants, and the energy, banking and defense industries. These unmentionable topics are usually treated with what Blum calls "the media's most effective tool -- silence." But in case somebody's asking questions, all you have to do is say, "conspiracy theory," and any allegation instantly becomes too frivolous to merit serious attention. On the other hand, since my paranoid shift, whenever I hear the words "conspiracy theory" (which seems more often, lately) it usually means someone is getting too close to the truth."

Lobey_Dosser

Lobey_Dosser

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 7,036 posts

Hearts are having a very disappointing season far.

Im looking for us to take something from this game to be honest.

For all the criticism, if Hearts win on Sat they are within 2 points of us. December is a huge month, win 3 from the next 6 and we can head into the January break knowing we are within touching distance of reaching our primary objective in securing safety.

Been a wee while since we last won at Tynecastle (Jan 14?) but if we are right up for it, this promises to be a tasty one.

Its hard to second guess how Robinson will lineup but if we stick with a back 4, Id like to see Cadden and Frear out wide with Tanner supporting Moult.

underboyleheating

underboyleheating

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 9,621 posts

There are no easy games in this league and you need to be on it every game. If we drop below our usual standards we will get what we deserve, nothing. However, I’m tipping us to bounce back from the Celtic defeat and I’m going for 1-0 to the good guys. 

Posted Image

"The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said."

ropy

ropy

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,907 posts
Plummer on the left side of defence?

sbcmfc

sbcmfc

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,602 posts

Plummer on the left side of defence?

Is that where were leaking goals?

gdalli10

gdalli10

• SO Well Society Members
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:blah
Accies, County and Thistle have all taken points off them recently so we should be looking to win. Although we have a pretty awful record there recently. Certainly my last two visits we were well beaten 6-0 and 3-0.
We all have our choices, these are what make man great, his ladder to the stars

Spiderpig

Spiderpig

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,785 posts

Is that where were leaking goals?

That response is right up there with Sinclair and McGregor's dives...shocking

yosemite sam

yosemite sam

Pushing for the First XI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
I have to be honest and say that the weakest link in the defence is the left back. That has been obvious for months, his distribution is poor, and any right winger who cuts inside him will get past him. So OK he has a bit more pace than Steve Hammill, but Hammell is a much better passer of the ball, and has a great deal more experience. If it were me I'd be looking to give Stevie a run out, can't be any worse.

sbcmfc

sbcmfc

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,602 posts

That response is right up there with Sinclair and McGregor's dives...shocking

:lol: sorry

Im sure there was an apostrophe when I typed it.

(There was, why does this forum delete the apostrophes in my posts? Its making me look (even more) thick.

Has social media just completely given up on grammar?)
  • Spiderpig likes this

Onthefringes

Onthefringes

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 2,276 posts

I have to be honest and say that the weakest link in the defence is the left back. That has been obvious for months, his distribution is poor, and any right winger who cuts inside him will get past him. So OK he has a bit more pace than Steve Hammill, but Hammell is a much better passer of the ball, and has a great deal more experience. If it were me I'd be looking to give Stevie a run out, can't be any worse.

I'm glad Stephen Robinson sees it differently... 'any right winger who cuts inside him will get past him' as opposed to cuts inside him and/or goes around him and gets another cross in? I'm not sure that some are quite getting the 'part of a successful defensive unit' :nea:

• Jay likes this
My grandpa said "It's going to be a fuckin' nightmare this winter with this flu outbreak",
"Tell me something I don't know"...
"Well, Yer nana's arse can take my whole fist!"

Spiderpig

Spiderpig

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,785 posts
Given the current form of the 2 teams I will be disappointed not to take all 3 points from this one, Hearts under Levein are not any better than they were with Cathro, so going for a win for the good guy's.

Dezz

Dezz

• Legends
  • 975 posts
Looking forward to this one, and not just because its anyone other than Celtic. A home game for me and tynecastle is my favourite away ground.

If we can go to Pittodrie and win theres no reason we cant come back from Tynecastle with 3 points, particularly with how Hearts have been playing the last few weeks and with both Accies and Thistle taking points off them.

Hopefully the team are reinvigorated and motivated to play someone who isnt Celtic and put on a good performance to stretch our lead over the Jambos to 8 points!

0-2. Bowman and Tanner.

Kmcalpin

Kmcalpin

Motherwell Legend

• 4,991 posts

Ian "Laptop" Cathro made some very poor signings whilst at Tynecastle and Hearts are now finding that out.  They're there for the taking if we play to form.

Part of the problem is an unrealistic level of expectation. We see football from all parts of Europe on television daily and fans are expecting....the technical ability and flair they see from Spain's La Liga and the top end of the English Premiership. Thats just not possible. It seems fashion is over-riding common sense.

weeyin

weeyin

Motherwell Legend

• 13,362 posts

Ian "Laptop" Cathro made some very poor signings whilst at Tynecastle and Hearts are now finding that out.  They're there for the taking if we play to form.

Pretty sure it would have ben Levein (as Director of Football) that was responsible for most of those signings. He's just pretending they're not his fault.

Spiderpig

Spiderpig

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,785 posts

It's a good chance for us to get the nonsense of last week behind us and put some distance between us and the bottom 6 teams, a win puts us 8 ahead of Hearts, and with Hibs playing Celtic we could make up some ground on them as well, so 3 points would be massive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users