Last Local Derby Of The Season

Welldel

I think that those travelling to the lovely town of Hamilton on Saturday, should show their appreciation for our neighbours and congratulate them on their fine footballing prowess. We should extoll the virtues of their young stars such is the talented Mr McCarthy and sing his praises throughout the match.

Lets show their supporters (and the watching SFA observer :D ) that we appreciate their brand of football.

Choruses of A.C.C.I.E.S Hamilton Accies are the best, One James McCarthy, Your the pride of Lanarkshire , Oh Hamilton is wonderfull and other such ditties would demonstrate that we are indeed worthy of our fair play place. Whilst reminding our worth opponents that we will be playing European football again next season.

It will also be funny and will confuse those expecting the usual "wrong country" songs.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear in mind that Saturday's SPL Delegate is the former head of security at Shellic Park. Any comments about Mr McCarthy might not go down well with him I'd imagine........

£22 for a meaningless end of season game with our manager struggling to motivate players, on what is looking likely to be thoroughly wet and miserable day!! Eh, I think I'll pass.

Miss the Midden game? I don't think Motherwell struggled for motivation that day. £22 though to sit in what will most likely be a half empty, freezing cold, damp stadium. I think I'll pass tae.

Is this the Accies v Motherwell game thread then? :lol:

Not long been informed this one is pay at the gate £22! / £11

Painful as that is, I'll probably be at it.

Team news? Reynolds suspended (almost two years since he missed out is it?)

Craggs doubtful? Fitzy Doubtful?

Hopefully see those that are going to be here next year over those that are not.......

I tend not to be get involved too much in the "What team would you play" debates but it will be interesting to see what team McGhee picks today.

Obviously Reynolds is out and I haven't heard anything suggesting Craigan is fit. Looked to me that Lasley was went off with a knock on Wednesday - he certainly went up the tunnel pretty quickly after going off - and Fizzy took a late knock so that could complicate things further.

Does he throw in Hutchinson alongside McLean or slot Maros back in alongside McLean?

Those would seem to the easiest ways to fill the position without too much shifting of other players, but ofcourse we know McGhee's hardly averse to doing that.

You've also got the option of putting Quinn into the middle with Lasley at right-back or even Saunders who has experience of playing against Accies.

You see now why I tend not to get involved in trying to predict the team now eh. So much pondering over so little :lol:

In terms of the game, hoping for a similar display to last week seeing as we'll be on a better surface again, though I don't see them being as lacking in fight as St Mirren appeared to be.

Obviously want to win, though wouldn't be overly upset as long as we avoid defeat.

Here are the teams.

Hamilton: Cerny, Swailes, Canning, McLaughlin, Easton, Mensing, McCarthy, Neil, McArthur, Lyle, Thomas. Subs: Murdoch, Deuchar, Corcoran, Gibson, McGowan, Taylor, Evans.

Motherwell: Graeme Smith, Quinn, Craigan, McLean, Hutchinson, Klimpl, Hughes, O'Brien, Clarkson, Murphy, Sheridan. Subs: Krysiak, Malcolm, Sutton, Darren Smith, McGarry, Meechan, Slane.