50 Caps For Craigan

delboy

Stephen Craigan will captain Northern Ireland and gain his 50th cap tonight when he leads the team out against Slovenia in their Euro 2012 qualifier.

Congratulation Craigan, good luck and all the best for your 51st cap

more details on the official site

50th cap story

Absolutely delighted for Crags. He is the consumate professional who gives 100% in every game, and wears his heart on his sleeve. Yes he has his limitations, but what he lacks in finesse he more than makes up for in endeavour, experience, organisation and honesty. He sets a great example to any young players and I wish him well tonight.

What a legend. I remember seeing the games against Spain where they won 3-2 and against England where they won 1-0. Craggs played both games at the heart of the defence for 90 Mins, truly wonderful performances. Well done big man, delighted for you. I think it will be a a very VERY long time before any Motherwell player comes near that achievement of caps.

Absolutely delighted for Crags. He is the consumate professional who gives 100% in every game, and wears his heart on his sleeve. Yes he has his limitations, but what he lacks in finesse he more than makes up for in endeavour, experience, organisation and honesty. He sets a great example to any young players and I wish him well tonight.

Echo these sentiments!

He's came a long way!

I want to start by saying that I am a MAJOR Crags supporter.

However, what I'd like to know, after nearly 50 caps for Northern Ireland whilst playing for us, IF those caps were for Scotland, would everyone be as delighted, chuffed, happy, content etc?

I'm going to be honest, I've no idea of Northern Ireland's results and stats with Crags playing. I'm only thinking of this after reading this thread and the Reynolds thread and trying to compare our two centre backs.

My drunken opinion, Crags for me is going to down as a club legend, but Reynolds as a defender will still be head and shoulders above him as a player.

So what does everyone else think?

Like I said, I'm no football or tactical genius, only saying what I see.