Drunkest Seeing The Well

Guest mockchop

League game at Dens, 1980. Had just been offered my 1st job .... (Trainee Computer Operator) and drank a wee bit too much Old England on the way up to Newharthill for the bus, topped up with Buckie in the Cottage, I puked most of the way from Perth to Dundee. Got dropped off in Tannadice St and turned into Provan Road right into a mob of Dundee skins. Don't know who was more shocked, them or me ? Here's this 6'7" doc marten and crombie coat wearing Motherwell skinhead, on his tod, well pisshed, on our patch, outside our end !!!

Must have been the smell of puke that put them off :P as I made my way into their end only to find all the 'Well fans were in there already. B)

Too many to mention but this one sticks in my memory.

Tannadice Dec 31st 1983.

Went up on train with a group of smartly dressed lads. Drank about a litre of vodka and coke. Ended up being very sick in a bog in the Wellgate Centre. Eventually made it into ground with about 10 minutes left. When the players went off at the end I thought it was only half time, was left in the ground masel getting some very strange looks from the OB/stewards. Took me about 3 hours to find the station. Think I made it home just before the bells with a terrible hangover.

Was a bit drunk in the Alamo yesterday also! :P

'91 Cup semi-final.

Had to be smuggled past the Polis amongst 4 of my mates 'cos I could hardly walk.

I blame my mate for leaving his Tonic unattended on the bus as he got off for the loo. I thought it would be a great laugh if I downed the bottle and left it empty on his seat for him getting back on, this was after I had been drinking since opening time, big mistake, I have no recollection of the game.

Stayed sober for the replay.

Completely blootered in Utrecht, the night before the game a group of us descended on a pub and drank it dry almost. Just cannot remember anything other than trying to "obtain" a couple of bikes for the journey back to the hotel, failing miserably, and falling (about 6 of us) into a taxi. Quite a night.

Stranraer away in the cup. Sick all over the bus then slept on a flag behing the goals aw first half lol

Haha! I knew that was what you were going to post when I seen your name.

Probably the drunkest watching 'Well was the CIS Cup Semi defeat to Celtic a couple of years ago.

Probably the drunkest watching 'Well was the CIS Cup Semi defeat to Celtic a couple of years ago.

I think I swung for a sellic fan on the way out of that one, it's the drunkest I've been at a game too, quite sure I spent most of the day in the Caley bar, then back for afters. Prior to that it was the day we relegated St.Johnstone on the last day of the season, I fell asleep during the 2nd half

Cup-tie at Easter Road in 1995, had been pissed from the night before and was hungover pretty badly so my mate handed me a hip flask which he normally took with him, a few sips from that and I began to feel a bit better. I had almost finished it when we got to Edinburgh I bought a half-bottle of grouse and topped it up for him. A couple of pints later we went into the match and I finished the hip flask in there. My only memory of that match is having to be held down as I threatened to go on the park and malky the ref after the sending off. Never before, or since, although the hospitality at Eastlands a few times has had me fairly merry at kick off.

Never been proper minging at any games really although do I enjoy a few beers before the game.

Got invited to Club Europe hospitality at Ibrox a couple of years ago... had their free food. Drank a fair bit of their free beer too and when we equalised I got a dogs abuse from a fair few of their fans in the club deck (where I was sitting) cos I went mental...this got worse when I stood up screaming for a pen in the last couple of mins. The natives were not happy at all. :rolleyes:

After the game retired back to the suite and drank more of their beer and thanked them for their point.

Was gettin fairly drunk at the masters when we won it last year too. Started off sitting next to my rangers supporting mates and again incurred their wrath when we pumped the.

Soon moved to the well end though as I couldnt resist.

I dont get the chance to get pished before the game cos I'm in exile in airdrie and have to drive to the games, and maybe get a chance to knock down some airdrie fans en route, every cloud........ :)

Although had a skinful watching the Nancy game in the cooper suite, didnae hae work the next day so dossed at ma mates

Any time we played at swinecastle in the late 80's and early 90's. Myself, my two brothers and a couple of lads from Shotts got into the habit of meeting in the go-go bars in Bread St, Bridies in particular. Started off just the five of us but at it's most popular there were as many as 30, a mixture of 'Well fans, a few Jambo mates, pals that didnae even care about football, even some girls that we were friendly with at the time. It used to be rammed in there and without a lie everyone was blootered before 3pm. It was surreal, even had the strippers doing things wi Motherwell scarves! Always missed the start, always got a row off the polis and always had a thumpin sore head by half time, always pissed doon and we always got beat. Ah, fond memories