2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Chase on for Bean

Chase on for Bean

Brentford midfielder set for departure

A host of clubs north and south of the border are ready to battle for Brentford midfielder Marcus Bean, Sky Sports understands.

The Jamaica international is out of contract at the end of the season and, after four years and over 100 appearances for the Bees, he looks set to depart Griffin Park.

The 27-year-old has featured over 30 times for Brentford this season and, although they would like him to stay, he has a host of clubs chasing him.

It is also understood that Brentford turned down a number of loan enquiries last week for the combative midfielder.

Sky Sports understands the likes of Coventry, Peterborough, Wycombe and Stevenage are amongst the clubs in England who are keen but there is also interest from the SPL.

Both Motherwell and Hibernian are also understood to be looking at Bean, who would be available on a free transfer.

• 2 weeks later...

Trio Targeting Jennings

Sky Sports understands Rangers and two Championship clubs are tracking Motherwell midfielder Steven Jennings.

Jennings' current deal expires at the end of the season and a number of clubs are waiting in the wings to sign the 27-year-old on a free transfer.

Motherwellspacer.gif are keen to keep hold of one of their key men and have opened talks about a new deal at Fir Park.

Jenningsspacer.gif has established himself as one of the best midfielders in the SPL since arriving from Tranmere in 2009 and he has been instrumental in Motherwell's push for a top three finish this season.

Rangersspacer.gif are looking for bargain signings next summer due to their financial problems and with Jennings being available on a free transfer he would be an attractive proposition for Ally McCoist.spacer.gif

Jennings' agent, Jonathan Hope,spacer.gif has admitted the defensive midfielder would be a good option for Rangers, but that he is also talking to two Championship clubs about a possible move.

Consistent

"Jennings, in my opinion, is the most consistent midfielder in the SPL and has been for the past two years," Hope told skysports.com.

"I am aware of reports that Rangers were monitoring him, but I won't know until I catch up with Ally McCoist.

"They could only have been impressed with him last week as he stood out a mile.

"Motherwell have opened contract talks over a new deal, but I am also talking to two Championship clubs and I only recently found out an Australian team would like to talk to us.

"We will assess all the options and it will be down to the player where he wants to go or stay.

"At this time he is a Motherwell player and he continues to give his all for the club."

Sounds like an agent desperately trying to drum up interest in his client by touting him to all and sundry. Perhaps a sign there's not as many teams interested as he'd hoped as he looks for a potential new team.

Also where do I recognise the name Jonathan Hope from? Was he Casagolda's agent?

Trio Targeting Jennings

Sounds like an agent desperately trying to drum up interest in his client by touting him to all and sundry. Perhaps a sign there's not as many teams interested as he'd hoped as he looks for a potential new team.

Also where do I recognise the name Jonathan Hope from? Was he Casagolda's agent?

Yeah Jonni was Casagolda, he dropped him after Este said he was "too good to play fo for an english league two side"After refusing a number 9 jersey and twice the wages with the league two side (can't remember name of the club but Gary MacDonald signed with them at the same time)

even rangers?

I'd be shocked if he goes to Rangers. At this moment of time if he is in contact with other clubs fair play, but to wait and see if Rangers transfer embargo is lifted in time is a bit of a risk - especially if the Championship sides (if there are any) are top end sides.

Hopefully Jenno decides to stay at the club who have Champions League football next season!! :whistling:

Given that we will be playing champions league in July and transfer window closes in August, he can probably do both!

Liverpool linked with Motherwell winger

By Matt Cotton, Reporter

Filed: Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 08:23 UKLiverpool are one of the clubs thought to be interested in signing Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey.

The Jamaican has played 35 times for the Steelmen this season, scoring two goals, but is refusing to get carried away by reports of a move to the Premier League.

Humphrey said: "Of course it's flattering to be linked with some clubs but my focus is first and foremost to be selected to play for Motherwell and then to do the best I can when on the pitch.

"I know it's a cliche but we really are trying to win each game as it comes.

"We cannot afford to start looking any further than the next game."

Humphrey is rumoured to have also attracted interest from Aston Villa, Sunderland and Swansea City

Spurs join winger race

Tottenham Hotspur, 16:01, April 11, 2012

Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey is refusing to get carried away despite being linked with Premier League sides including Spurs.

Tottenham are just one of a number of sides who have been linked with a summer swoop on Fir Park to try and prise the 24-year-old away from the SPL and down to the Premier League.

Aston Villa, Sunderland, Liverpool and Swansea have all joined Spurs in sending scouts to watch the winger in action but he maintains he is concentrating on his job for Motherwell.

Humphrey told Sky Sports: "I know it's a cliché but we really are trying to win each game as it comes.

"We cannot afford to start looking any further than the next game.

"Of course it's flattering to be linked with some clubs but my focus is first and foremost to be selected to play for Motherwell and then to do the best I can when on the pitch."

These rumours remind me of the chat about Didier Agathe going to Valencia for £10m/£15m... although Agathe was about 4 times the player that Humphrey is...

The only one that might have some truth in it is the Liverpool link since Dalglish has a knack of making ridiculous signings, in fact Humphrey woudn't even be his most ridiculous signing, that honour has to go to Carroll or Henderson.

• Like 1

1334321042[/url]' post='337240']

I dont want him back... Yes, he is injured but has done fuck all down south, although people suggested he will score plenty of goals...

With a footballing knowledge akin to that of DEWELL... :doh:

Not particularly a path I'd choose to follow, but, the team have done alright out of the return of Lasley and Hammell who didn't exactly set the heather alight there either...

Its that time of year when the football Rumours hit the press, but of course Humphrey and Jennings wont be the only players linked to moves away from the club.

Motherwell need the sale of players simple as that, so any offers will be looked at im sure... Assets of the club are few and far between, Jennings, Murphy, Humphrey, Hutchinson, prob the only players that we would get any money for, not sure what the contract states are on those blokes, but that aside.

None of the above are ready for the premier league down south, in my opinion.

But Jennings could do a good job in League One, not any higher than that(far too slow) and his passing lets him down, there are many players in the lower leagues like Jennoe, but never the less could command some cash.

If i was on the Motherwell board i would re contact Blackpool on Murphys behalf and snap there hand off for any level of money, especially if we are talking around 200 K.

Hutchinson again could do with another season up here, but could and should be worth a fair bit in a season or so, and would deffo make a good League One defender with prospects.

Lastly Humphrey, although most of the season he has not really hit the heights he was capable of, in the last few matches he has shown a new confidence which if he continues through the TV matches we have coming up, will attract interest from other clubs.. What level, is hard to tell, but in his role as a winger he could make championship level as a start point.

I know this will cause me no end of arguments, but this is my opinion, My Rational for suggesting Humphrey can play at a higher level than Jennings is based on the fact that there are a large number of work horse type players in the Lower league in England so, commanding big money for Jennings wont happen, Humphrey has the pace to effect games, regardless of his ability to cross being at question on occasions. Pace cause problems.. regardless of end product, ask Rangers about that.

If i was playing at Motherwell Football Club, i would stay put at least one more season and experience the dream of European Football.

We need money at the club, so dont be supprised if one or more of the above are subject to the end of season Sales....