Thank You Motherwell Fc

JT1886

Would like to say a huge thanks to Motherwell FC for there generosity yesterday.

A couple of weeks ago i e mailed the club and asked if my daughter ( who is a season ticket holder in east stand along with myself and nephew ) could come over and meet a couple of the players to cheer her up a little bit as her mum ( my wife ) is ready to undergo chemotherapy again for the second time in 5 years.

I got a reply back from Leeane Dempster and Diane Harvey and they arranged for us to be invited to Fir park yesterday to the centenery suite before the game.

Once we arrived at 1pm we were given acsess to the suite and bar facillities and centre stand tickets and also tickets for half time refreshments inside the centenery, we were also given match day programmes from Peter Elder who went out of his way as he always does to make sure we enjoyed the day .

A lady called Jennifer Reston who knew we were coming took Kerri, my nephew Andy and myself out into the tunnel and onto the park before the warm ups so that Kerri could sit in the dug outs and get various pictures taken within the ground that she thought was superb.

We also met Diane who was just simply fantastic and could not have done enough for Kerri once they met, she arranged for her to get pic's took inside and after the game she arranged to get Kerri some great pic's took along with John Sutton, Kieth Lasley, Lionel Ainsworth and Sean Hutchinson and each and every one of them were so nice to her she thought she was it was great.

Also met Leanne Dempster after the game and we both thanked her for the gesture and she also was so nice and genuine to us .

so once again if any of the above read this on here thank you once again for making a day at the football that bit more special for Kerri as she loved every minute of it .

JT.

• Like 37

That's excellent JT.

Similarly to you I'd like to express my thanks to MFC (Leeann Dempster, Alison Wallace and John Sutton in particular) for their hospitality yesterday. At the start of the day I had planned to take up my usual seat in the Davie Cooper stand but after a chance telephone call with Leeann Dempster on Saturday morning my dad, my five year old son and I were invited as guests into the board room and relocated to centre stand seats for the afternoon.

My son was diagnosed with Leukaemia just over two years ago and is currently in his final year of chemotherapy. He's been to a handful of games this season and enjoys going, only down to the temperamental Scottish weather/ climate isn't always possible for him to attend. However it was a really nice experience for him yesterday.

Special thanks to John Sutton who gave up the best part of 30 minutes after the match yesterday to chat, sign autographs, have his photo taken and even take a couple of penalties into my son on the pitch. Highlight was when my wee boy nutmegged John when he took a turn in goals. Managed to capture all this on video to look back upon in years to come.

A really nice surprise and brilliant gesture from MFC. As a result I've had a very excitable wee boy singing the big John Sutton song ever since.

• Like 23

Superb mate i heard J Sutton was out on the park with a young kid im glad he enjoyed it and best wishes to him in his final year of treatment and i hope it goes well .

we are more than a club when it comes to things like this

JT.

Guys, I had the pleasure of taking the photo's on Saturday, was great meeting you. I've sent a PM with my email details, drop me a note and I'll get the photo's across to you.

The 'personal touch' at Fir Park is simply outstanding, from the Chief Exec to the cleaners, every one of them wears the MFC badge with pride. The players are always happy to make themselves available and, in many cases, are stunned to realise how much a little of their time can mean to people. There are no big-time-charlies in the home dressing room!

Gorgeous John was amazing with your wee guy on Saturday Wallace_MFC, the video and photo's of the 'Penalty nutmeg' will be a great keepsake.

Anyhoos, was great to meet you both, and the very best of luck in the future with the challenges you are currently facing.

Onwards

cheers.gif

• Like 3