CoF

141 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you usually sit?

• East Stand
    • Cooper Stand
    • Phil O'Donnell Stand
    • Anywhere/depends.

And why?

I'm in the Cooper and sit in the same seat I've sat since my first game 14 years ago. I always wish the crowd had a bit more life there but any other view just doesn't feel right any more. I also canny tell the difference between Sutton, Murphy and Jutkiewitcz during first halves. Think I need big spectacles.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Main Stand - Row H Seat 72 :D Close enough to give pelters to the away players and managers :lol:

Started sitting there when my Grandad was getting a wee bit old for other parts of the ground and me and my old man have sat there or thereabouts ever since. Although, given i'm 6ft 4, the leg room leaves a lot to be desired!!

Don't get over very often these days, but I always used to stand near the halfway line when I was a regular, and when it became the East Stand and I acquired a season ticket, it was for pretty much the very spot where I used to stand.

Have never liked the view from behind the goals at any stadium, although it wasn't quite so bad in the days where you could swap ends at half time :lol:

Should have added a From my Armchair/Pub option.

I mean, the part time supporter rate is so high these days.

True. I'll keep this poll for this who go to the games regularly so that it doesn't go flying off-topic but might be worthwhile starting another yin to see how often people actually go.

I've sat in various areas of the East stand over the years, tending to sit towards the Cooper end in recent years. The best days though were when you used to get a right good atmosphere at the very end of the East Stand and it was absolutely jam packed on many an occassion. This wass in the era when Aberdeen were beating us 6-5, Ayr knocking us out the cup, Hearts game getting abandoned and beating Celtic 3-2, drawing 3-3 the following year. Really fond memories in terms of atmosphere.

Between the ages of 11 and 13 I sat in the Cooper, only really enjoyed 1 half of footnall though as the view wasn't great when we were attacking the South Stand.

At the St Johnstone game the other week, I returned to the Main Stand for the first time since a cup relay against Ayr in 1992. Fuck it was dismal, worst 'atmosphere' I have ever experienced at a football game. If I had a season ticket in there I'd have lost complete interest in fitba by now.

After a 3 or 4 year haitus, I just got a half season ticket last month for the East Stand, Row D, couple of seats left of the half way line. From starting to go to 'Well games season 88/89 to around the season 01/02, I always preferred the view from behind the goals. I think to be honest, I only ever started getting a season ticket in the East Stand from a financial point of view, not that was a great deal in it right enough!

East Stand, section B, back row.

In between a person who speaks a great deal of rational sense on here, but hee-haw rational sense at Fir Park, and a person who is politically correct and condescending on here, but a mute in real life.

Why do I sit there? Fuck knows.

( :lol:<_< <---- Note, a couple of wee faces in case the fellas in question are offended!)

East Stand, section B, back row.

In between a person who speaks a great deal of rational sense on here, but hee-haw rational sense at Fir Park, and a person who is politically correct and condescending on here, but a mute in real life.

I'll assume I'm the first guy. Which is fine. Don't you know a football stadium is no place for rational sense...??

East stand, in between a moderator and a steelmen angler.

:ph34r: Puts hands up!

I like our seats. Decent unrestricted view of both goalmouths. Close enough for encouragement to be heard by our players and abuse to be heard by opponents. Good for the odd sing song when it occasionally drifts along from the end of the stand and the folk round about are generally pretty sound too.