Scottish Premiership Game 14: Celtic (H) 29/11/17 19:45

CoF

No matter what happened on Sunday, I was never going to make this game. I suspect we are going to be in for a bit of a doing, not simply because it's Celtic but because we spent half an hour on Sunday with 10 men chasing the ball all over a massive pitch. Need to be looking to freshen up midfield and forward areas for that reason alone (we don't really have the personnel to change the defence much).

I'd go with

Carson

Tait Kipré Hartley Dunne

Campbell Bigirimana Grimshaw

Tanner Moult Frear

Need to be looking to freshen up midfield and forward areas for that reason alone (we don't really have the personnel to change the defence much).

I'd go with

Carson

Tait Kipré Hartley Dunne

Campbell Bigirimana Grimshaw

Tanner Moult Frear

I agree and fortunately Bowman, Frear, Grimshaw, Rose, Tanner and Campbell all played considerably less than 90 minutes. We do have options.

Brendan Rodgers at it already.

Saying that Celtic dont get enough penalties and should get more. Stick in one for them tomorrow now. Need to appease the anointed one.

I used to quite like Rodgers as well, thought he was a decent manager at Liverpool and always seemed respectful.

Now he seems to have turned into an odious wee creep.

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly.

It's the Celtic way.

It seems that way, doesn't it. His team are streets ahead of everyone else financially, their closest rivals are virtually dead in the water and he's making comments like that?

Like you say, it seems to come with the job these days.

There's so much that could be said after Sunday tbh. I was pleased with how solid we looked in the first half and there's not much you can do against refereeing like that. Brenda had the refs well warned after the Semi, it was so obvious at the time. One question I would pose is did we really play our own game on Sunday? Seemed like we tried to cancel them out but didn't have much of a direct attacking threat. Wonder if this is a consequence of playing against a better team or if Robinson really did change the team to suit Celtic. Either way, not a criticism. Just not sure we 'played our own game' as he said we would.

This is the perfect game for the players and fans. Everyone is justifiably raging at the decison that killed the game, I'm hoping this gives the players a chip on their shoulder. I want to see an aggressive performance from the players and a hostile atmosphere. I would be tempted to go back to 3 at the back and a have a proper go at them for the first half. Not a fan of Cadden through the middle, get the wingers back on and pump balls in for Moult. I would drop Grimshaw for Campbell, was surprised at his selection on Sunday despite a great showing in Aberdeen. The whole Bigi thing seems a bit weird to me. I get that we have a strong squad but think he should atleast be on the bench. I would be tempted to put him in tomorrow for McHugh to switch things up a bit. Still think that Bowman and Moult together is a better option than Tanner in behind.

Honestly never wanted to beat these ***** more than tomorrow. If we could get a win it would be glorious and somewhat soften the blow of Sunday

I used to quite like Rodgers as well, thought he was a decent manager at Liverpool and always seemed respectful.

Now he seems to have turned into an odious wee creep.

Totally agree. Used to think he was good for the game up here, but now he can fist himself.

Also, is this on TV? If not are we likely to get a dodgy stream given we're at home?

One question I would pose is did we really play our own game on Sunday? Seemed like we tried to cancel them out but didn't have much of a direct attacking threat. Wonder if this is a consequence of playing against a better team or if Robinson really did change the team to suit Celtic. Either way, not a criticism. Just not sure we 'played our own game' as he said we would.

I think the game plan was to cancel them out for an hour and then try and change things to be a bit more positive, perhaps in the hope they would tire after the PSG game and travel etc.?

You cant press a team like Celtic for 90 mins on a park that size.

While not making up for cup defeat, to be the team that ends their streak would be a nice pick me up. Celtic aren't playing particularly well by their standards and think if we get in their faces from the off then we can contain them. All the utter shite spouted from their fans and management - as always, the worst and most bitter winners in the land - will serve as all the motivation we need.

So my heart says a scrappy 2-1 win to 'Well, with Kipre scoring a 93rd minute winner by clearly fouling Craig Gordon and getting away with it.

Also, if Hartley were to kick Sinclair 10ft in the air in the first 5mins I would really enjoy that. Even if he gets sent off.

Head actually says this will be a 1-1 draw, Moult scoring.

• Like 1

I think the game plan was to cancel them out for an hour and then try and change things to be a bit more positive, perhaps in the hope they would tire after the PSG game and travel etc.?

You cant press a team like Celtic for 90 mins on a park that size.

Hampden is only 5 yards longer than Fir Park, same width I believe.

Hampden is only 5 yards longer than Fir Park, same width I believe.

Im surprised at that, Id though it was wider too.

I think the point still stands, Celtic are too good to press all over the park for 90 minutes, regardless of the size of the park. If we were intending doing that Campbell wouldve started.

Aye, Fir Park is a decent size - it just feels smaller because of how close the stands are to the playing surface.

Plus our slope is bigger - so our players probably expend more energy running up and down that than they did running that extra 5 yards at Hampden!