Scottish Premiership Game 20: Rangers (A) 27/12/17 19:45

Andy_P

Id also have Bowman nowhere near the game! After the Semi final carry on, the entire stadium will be howling and their players diving all over the place every time he challenges for the ball.

In a fair and non corrupt league it wouldnt be an issue, but this is Scottish Football and 1 of the Old Firm so you know he's a walking red card

• Like 3

John Beaton the ref for the game.

Anything been mentioned in regards to injuries? I know we won't be seeing Frear or Cadden but hope Carson and Hartley can make it.

In his post match, Robinson said Hartley just cramped up from lack of training and Carson's situation was now a case of pain management - so quite possible we see them both in this one.

Shame this game isnt on Boxing Day, unnecessary break from tradition imo.

From what Ive seen of Rangers in recent weeks, including 90 mins at Easter Road and Rugby park, they remain utterly diabolical. Unfortunately our lack of attacking options limit our chances but I take hope from the fact St Johnstone won comfortably with a 2nd string frontline. IIRC, all 3 scorers notched their first of the season at Ibrox.

If Fisher is fit, Id start with him rather than Bowman and flood the midfield. While Fisher hasnt had a great start, he is capable of leading the line. Hopefully Carson and Hartley make it.

• Like 1

John Beaton the ref for the game.

Anything been mentioned in regards to injuries? I know we won't be seeing Frear or Cadden but hope Carson and Hartley can make it.

you mean john beaton the masonic ranjurs fan fae jerviston who allowed the feckin rugby challenge on the albion rovers goalie when rovers were winning 0-1 at ipox in the cup years ago ,,,,,,, 3-1 the ranjurs with one of our guys sent off

Sevco are not that good but neither are we just now. For once our defence is ok, but our midfield isn't performing defensively and fell into long standing bad habits last Saturday. Our attack is non existent. Some of thse issues can be put down to tiredness and injury but others are more deep rooted. However, as others recognise, if we can limp along to Saturday evening without taking on too much water we can take the ship into dry dock next month for a refit. I can't see us scoring tomorrow except through a set piece and penalties don't come along too often at Ibrox. A win is not out of the question on Saturday but a draw is much more likely and I'd settle for that.

The best we can realistically hope for tomorrow is a draw or narrow defeat, but a win would be great.

Amazing how fortunes can turn in such a short space of time. Certainly Rangers form has been erratic, however, our form has been more problematic to solve, mainly through injuries and the loss of our talisman. I’m afraid it’s damage limitation as we limp though to the January transfer window in an attempt to fill the void left by Loui Moult. 3-0 Rangers.

I'd like to see Newell get a start if fit. Bit of mobility up front, run the channels in behind. Their defence wont like that. If Fisher is fit I'd agree with resting Bowman. Their players and fans will target him from the off. Suppose we need to see who is fit before we can think about what kinda midfield we can play but if Cadden and Frear both out we could do worse than give Ross McLean a start. Tanner and Bigi should both start as well.

• Like 1

Tomorrow will be an interesting test for bowman, as Im sure hell be a target. Id love to see him punch one in just to keep the seethe going and maybe give him a bit of a confidence boost.

Im sure tanner will play behind him, with mchugh, bigi, rose and grimshaw in the midfield and tait, hartley, Kipre and dunne at the back. Id like to see campbell back in the side but based on the managers assessment of the Dundee game I dont see him changing much, unless theres more injuries.

Rangers are coming off of two defeats. The Govanite tribes will not be happy. If we can start the game well the crowd are bound to get on Rangers back and this Rangers team cannot cope with pressure. It's been proven time and time again.

In fact Rangers have only won 3 out of 9 home league matches, two were against the bottom two teams in the league and one of them was flukey.

Despite our poor run I think we can get something out of this match.

I'm starting to feel a little more positive also.

Different personnel but we turned in a fairly accomplished performance in there towards the end of last season in getting a point.

There has been some chat about them trying to avenge the Semi Final but this group have also shown an ability to raise their game for "bigger" matches. At the very least I'm sure we won't be intimidated and might very well thrive on their growing dislike of us.

Just wish we were going there with a full complement but not beyond us to get a positive result.