Scottish Premiership Game 16: Hearts (A) 09/12/17 15:00

GraniteCityMFC

Disappointing but not surprising result. I'll be interested to find out from those who went how we played. The possession stats, courtesy of the BBC, suggest that we lost the midfield battle. Thats a cause for concern as Hearts don't have the best midfield in the world. Did our strikers receive much in the way of service? I'm also interestd to learn why Fisher was taken off - was he injured or was it tactical to replace a striker with a midfielder.

I'd rather we'd won of course but taking the positive from the game it'll help Robbo fine tune any plans he might have for personnel changes next month.

Worst result and performance of the season.

Even with the players missing we shouldve been able to pass the ball and have done semblance of a game plan.

Bowman and Rose were particularly bad.

Thistle, Accies, County and Killie all taken points of Hearts at Home this season and we never even looked like scoring.

It was a 0-0 game. Foul against Campbell in the build up to the goal although Lafferty then did well.

Lack of desire to get into the box eg Bowman wheeling away instead of going forward, lack of desire to use Demi down the right, taking our second striker out of the match.

One to forget.

It was a 0-0 game. Foul against Campbell in the build up to the goal although Lafferty then did well.

Lack of desire to get into the box eg Bowman wheeling away instead of going forward, lack of desire to use Demi down the right, taking our second striker out of the match.

One to forget.

Agree with most of that, including the foul on Campbell, although however well Lafferty did, Kipre again very suspect and should have cleared it before Lafferty got to it.

We were awful, Hearts were awful but defended slightly better than us. Would give pass marks to Campbell, Tait and Griffiths, the latter having virtually nothing to do (as did the Hearts keeper). Cant help but think a little more composure with the final ball towards the end and we might have got some joy. You could tell Hearts (and their fans) were nervous going into the last 10 mins with their recent record but we were so poor we couldnt really muster any pressure at all.

If this is life after Moult its going to be a long long 2nd half to the season......

Disappointing but not surprising result. I'll be interested to find out from those who went how we played. The possession stats, courtesy of the BBC, suggest that we lost the midfield battle. Thats a cause for concern as Hearts don't have the best midfield in the world. Did our strikers receive much in the way of service? I'm also interestd to learn why Fisher was taken off - was he injured or was it tactical to replace a striker with a midfielder.

I'd rather we'd won of course but taking the positive from the game it'll help Robbo fine tune any plans he might have for personnel changes next month.

Fisher had concussion

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Yes big players are injured for us and we've 2 really tough away games coming up. Hope Fisher is ok with his headknock. Sounded a bad one on the radio. To be fair he's crap anyway. Hearts could've played with traffic cone in goals. Our next 2 games are crucial.

Worst result and performance of the season.

Even with the players missing we shouldve been able to pass the ball and have done semblance of a game plan.

Bowman and Rose were particularly bad.

Thistle, Accies, County and Killie all taken points of Hearts at Home this season and we never even looked like scoring.

Time Kipre was benched at the centre of yet another goal that cost us all 3 points. He fannies about and gets caught in possession too often. He should have cleared his lines. We were worth a draw but thats saying nothing Hearts were utter pish and we troubled them not one jot.

Time Kipre was benched at the centre of yet another goal that cost us all 3 points. He fannies about and gets caught in possession too often. He should have cleared his lines. We were worth a draw but thats saying nothing Hearts were utter pish and we troubled them not one jot.

Id agree with benching Kipre but who else do you play?

If Hammell is fit then Dunne needs benched also.

Despite the supposed strength in depth Im not sure of the best way to deploy Bigirimana or Tanner and Im not sure Robinson does either. Or maybe theyre just not that good?

I thought there was a real lack of fight today. We were certainly short of ideas and did not do the basics well.

Play like that on Wednesday and we could well lose again and then youre in danger of the season hitting a severe downward trajectory.

McHugh just as bad as Kipre at the goal, not to mention our manager claiming there's apparently a handball from Lafferty before he gets the shot away.

McHugh isnt costing us goals every week, Kipre is, though I do accept McHugh has never really set the heather on fire since he joined.

Kipre then had two men in for clear shot on their keeper inside 18 yard box and he goes for goal with two Hearts defenders right in front of him. His judgement is bloody awful right now. I know hes a fans favourite but theres gotta be some realism about what hes doing every week.

I thought we were absolutely rotten today. Make no mistake, Hearts are complete dross and we made them look like they could play football at times. Overall there was zero quality in that game.

We completely played into Levein's grubby hands by launching long high aimless balls. I get that we have had some success this year from being direct but not like that. We resembled a team with no quality and barely seen us string a few passes together. We are much better than that and I'd like to see us play a lot more football at times.

The main concern for me was the lack of any focal point up front. Fisher and Bowman were poor, Ryan looked a bit lost without Moult to play off of. At no point in the game did I think we even looked like scoring.

Very few would get pass marks. Tait has been a big concern for me lately, I genuinely think we need to look at an alternative. I was disappointed to see the fringe guys not step up to the plate, I thought Demi and Bigi looked off. Fisher likewise. We need to work out what the team looks like with life after and without Moult because today we didn't look like we knew what our plan was offensively

Good game for us to put things right on Wednesday. Partick Thistle are not in good form so let's hope we can get back to winning ways.

I thought the defence did well to keep Hearts to one goal considering the shambles in front of them. Griffiths had an easy day other than the goal which is on Campbell.

I also thought that Lafferty handled the ball on the ground but it's interesting that Robinson can talk about decisions again.

Tait has been a big concern for me lately, I genuinely think we need to look at an alternative.

That's an interesting comment as I actually think Tait has been one of our best performers in recent weeks, especially the cup final where he was basically marking two men for the first half.