Irn Bru Cup

WishyWell

• 5 weeks later...

Why are we playing a home game in Stirling played both games at Fir Park last year and had decent crowds surely in middle of summer our pitch could handle another game .

Last season there was a bit of a battle to get the games at Fir Park. This season the groundsman appears to have won the battle, possibly because 6 out of our first 8 league games are at FP.

Disappointing decision as it was intriguing viewing for the support and the opportunity for the young boys to play in front of a crowd at FP was considered invaluable.

• 3 weeks later...

Without wanting to go down the whole should they be in or not debate argument whilst not supporting the presence of the U20 teams in the competition I think there was a fair amount of pride to be taken by Motherwell in last year's competition.

The U20's performed very creditably beating a Third Division side and then running a team that made it to the Second Division play-offs close in the next round. I think our attendances were amongst some of the highest in each of the rounds we featured in to, obviously on the back of folk thoroughly enjoying watching the Cup winning 20's team of the season before. It's a wee bit of shame then that the team won't have the same backing tonight as they might got had it been played at Fir Park tonight, though I obviously understand the reasons for it.

As for the tie I'm sure we will benefit from the senior team having played Queen's Park already but it appears a difficult one to call without knowing much of the strength our U20's this year, the fact this must be one of their first competitive fixtures, that Queen's Park will have had half a dozen games behind them and the aforementioned change of venue.

Fingers crossed that even if the result doesn't go their way the team benefit from a game against League opposition.