The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Which is the best rangers will be able to do for the next 5 years or so, so hes probably the best man for the job.

Back on topic though, I can see moult and cadden being the subject of strong interest, and there is the question mark over whether we will be able to get hartley on a deal. Im pretty sure that rose, bowman and dunne are all on one year deals too, so it will be interesting to see what is done with them. I cant remember what frear and tanner have left.

The manager mentioned strengthening, and my guess is that were probably looking to add to the defense, as we have the numbers in the other areas, and there isnt any real competition to the back 4 other than Hammell.

Players who are out of contract next summer are: Griffiths, Hammell, Plummer, Dunne (1 year option), Watt, Hartley, Grimshaw, Rose, Moult, Bowman, Petravicius and Newell. Quite a few there. That said I doubt if Griffiths, Hammell, Plummer and Watt will be offered new deals. Moult will be offski. Of those I'd want to retain the services of Hartley, Grimshaw, Rose, and Bowman. Not sure about Dunne's position. Jury is out on Newell and Petravicius.

• Like 1

Agree re Dunne despite his passing issues, Newell may depend on injury recovery and the fact Sid has moved up to fringes of first team may well indicate Robbo sees something there.

More cover needed for central defence (whether or not Hartley tied down) think Newell may have been brought in to develop in background as potential Moult replacement but injury has got in the way.

Still think Fisher has got something to offer

Will be an intetesting window, am sure plans are in place to cover various scenarios

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Maclean started the Edinburgh city cup game, then came on up at dingwall which I think was the last time he played for us, wouldn't surprise me if he actually goes out on loan in January. Since we've done so well in the league the youngsters have had to wait longer for their debuts.

Players who are out of contract next summer are: Griffiths, Hammell, Plummer, Dunne (1 year option), Watt, Hartley, Grimshaw, Rose, Moult, Bowman, Petravicius and Newell. Quite a few there. That said I doubt if Griffiths, Hammell, Plummer and Watt will be offered new deals. Moult will be offski. Of those I'd want to retain the services of Hartley, Grimshaw, Rose, and Bowman. Not sure about Dunne's position. Jury is out on Newell and Petravicius.

Would like to see Newell and Sid get a run in the team at some point to be able to judge if they have anything to offer, the same applies to plummer.

Robinson still hasn't handed out a debut to any of our youth players. If we want to bring MacLean, Turnbull, Livingstone, Hastie etc into the squad and also add quality then there are going to have to be exits.

He gave Adam Livingstone his debut at end of last season. I think MacLean will be next to cement a first team berth but can see him being loaned out in January.

I suspect that MacLean will replace Cadden in the match day squad as and when Cadden is inevitably sold in January or Summer 2018.

I suspect when Cadden's slot is up for grabs Robinson is hoping that the competition for right midfield/attacking midfield will bring the best out of MacLean and Tanner...

Sounds like the club wouldn't mind getting rid of Moult in January from Robinson's presser today (if the right offer comes in) I would be up for hanging on to him but I think if we get a bid of 500k'ish he will be away. Can't really blame the club for biting given his contract is up in the summer. Any less than this I think we should hang on to him.

Encouraging to see that we have targets already in the pipeline. Personally I can't see anyone moving on Cadden or Kipre at this stage. Still think they have a lot to learn here and need to progress a bit more. The positive thing is we have various sellable young assets in the team. A total turnaround from the rotting aging team Magoo had last year. The last few months have vindicated all the opinion about him last year, the job he was doing was absolutely shocking make no mistake about it.

In terms of activity I'd like to see a right back brought in if we are going to be regularly playing with a 4. Another option up front would be nice too. It's mental how far things have come compared to last year. Need to tip my hat to the job Robbo has done with rebuilding this team. Everyone on here identified a total clear out was needed and he has executed it almost perfectly, not a easy thing to do. I had reservations about a lot of his signings from the lower leagues in England but Robbo obviously knew the qualities they had. Total faith in him and the Chief Scout to find some more gems

• Like 3

The big benefit of selling Moult (rather than losing him on a pre-contract) is we can negotiate add-ons. So even if he was sold for what we payed for him (50k, I think was the figure), the add-ons could pull in a tidy sum.

Tend to agree Busta I would bite your hand off for 250k plus add ons, especially now as he is out injured for a bit

I know what your saying but a couple of rounds in the cup will cover £250k as would a couple of extra league placings. Given he really is the key for us in winning more games, unless we get a crazy offer i dont personally see the benefit in letting him go for buttons.

One positive thing however, we have seen how good Robinson has been at transforming the squad with 1 transfer window. Suddenly life after Moult doesnt have to be quite as bleak.

• Like 1

I know what your saying but a couple of rounds in the cup will cover £250k as would a couple of extra league placings. Given he really is the key for us in winning more games, unless we get a crazy offer i dont personally see the benefit in letting him go for buttons.

One positive thing however, we have seen how good Robinson has been at transforming the squad with 1 transfer window. Suddenly life after Moult doesnt have to be quite as bleak.

Understand where you are coming from and its not an easy call...remember if he goes for nothing there is no add on and if we are seen to be 'unreasonable' this time after (quite rightly) knocking back Aberdeen's offer it affects the selling pitch we make for players with potential to come here and move on for bigger money.

I reckon the club have weighed it all up and will internally have a 'trigger' figure set where they feel it beneficial to sell on Jan. Reading Robbo's comments today it does appear they are setting expectations he is going and sending out that signal to interested parties. There is also the possibility they have kept Moult 'sweet' after the Adeen knock back by saying he can go in January. All conjecture. I trust Robbo/Flow to get it right.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I suspect we'll lose Cadden and Moult in January which is fine because that's the model we are using. Good to know we have targets lined up but pretty relaxed about it given we have options within the squad. Bear in mind we went to Dens Park and won without Cadden, Moult or Rose in the starting eleven. Campbell, Plummer and MacLean weren't even in the squad that night.

Obviously it's a concern losing arguably our two best players but we have a good few points on the board already and even without those two, I reckon we'll have enough about us to stay out of trouble. Would feel a good bit more relaxed if big Bowman could hit some form again. Feel as if he hasn't really been the same since the semi final witch hunt.

In terms of the summer, Hammell, Watt and Plummer will probably be away. Of those three, Plummer is the only question mark. If he can force his way into the team, which given our form hasn't been easy, he may yet earn another deal. Newell and Petravicius are both young and will be seen as prospects so expect us to offer them deals. Pretty much everyone else will be offered a new deal. Whether they sign it or not is a different question...

• Andy_P locked this topic