Season Tickets 2017/18

Toxteth O'Grady

So I was wondering what was happening with the fan box early bird perk. I hadnt seen anything on social media of people being selected yet.

When I seen the 5 season ticket holders and 3 friends in a South stand box per home game. I thought it was a big commitment at the time by the club.

Update from the club is they couldn't do it against Rangers because of commercial reasons and the South was closed against county. They intend to introduce it at some future home games going forward.

• 2 weeks later...

An article on how Raith Rovers lost money on their Irn Bru Cup game aginst Brora Rangers. Although its not about us it perhaps explains why we, and other clubs, haven't made season tickets valid at cup games.

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/raith-lost-money-by-staging-irn-bru-cup-tie-1-4548764

Of course, the mistake they make in that calculation is that they don't regard season ticket holders as paying customers.

As an example, if I pay 400 quid for a season ticket for 18 home games, and then have 2 home Cup Games added as a bonus, the club is getting 20 pounds per game from me (instead of the 22.22 per game they'd get without the Cup games).

They make it sound like season ticket holders contribute nothing to the split that is being paid to the opponents.

So the loss isn't quite as bad as the article makes it seem. It's more of a budgeting issue when it comes to accounting for the season ticket income.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Any of you Season ticket holders win any of these prizes this season?

Anyone else that secures their 2017/18 season ticket could be benefiting from one of these great prizes.

5 season ticket holders per home game will be chosen at random and invited with 3 friends to watch a game in the South Stand Fan Box during the 2017/18 season.

10 season ticket holders chosen at random will get their ticket delivered by a player / manager**

A meal out with Tam Cowan and a player as part of Tams food review in association with the Scottish Sun.

Any of you Season ticket holders win any of these prizes this season?

Anyone else that secures their 2017/18 season ticket could be benefiting from one of these great prizes.

5 season ticket holders per home game will be chosen at random and invited with 3 friends to watch a game in the South Stand Fan Box during the 2017/18 season.

10 season ticket holders chosen at random will get their ticket delivered by a player / manager**

A meal out with Tam Cowan and a player as part of Tams food review in association with the Scottish Sun.

I sent Ryan fan engagement guy an email about this after first few games at home below is his response.

Hi Craig

Yes it will be happening. Couldnt happen against Rangers for commercial reasons and on Saturday the South stand was closed but moving forwards it will be happening at some future games.

Thanks for the email

Ryan.

Shame that the club are cleary unable fulfil the commitment they made.