League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Agreed. The atmosphere at the 2011 Cup Final was terrible. Too many day trippers.

The score didn't help of course.

Best thing about that day is the bus back to Motherwell. Stopped in traffic and Sellik fans start nonsense banging windows and singing. One Sellik wank got pished on out the window by 1 of the lads in the top deck and when he tried to get on the bus, got laid out by a beer can to the pus. Then he got lifted and the polis told our bus to leave

I am absolutely gutted that I won't be able to get to the game as I'm out the country. Had it been the Saturday, I could've flown up and back to London to fly out Sunday.

WHEN we get to the final, it'll be a very different story. I've already booked the 27th November as annual leave to allow for the celebratory pimms.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/09/28/semi-final-bus-and-hospitality/

Semi-final bus and hospitality
Thursday, September 28, 2017

CooperBar270917I.jpg

‘Well fans who will be travelling to Hampden to support the Steelmen in the Betfred Cup Semi Final can book their hospitality and travel for the big game now!

And those who book through the club will have access to official parking at Hampden as well as food on arrival at Fir Park and on return to the stadium post-match too with our Centenary Suite offer.

All of our offers are outlined below:

Centenary Suite Hospitality – £70

11am arrival

£30 main stand ticket

Pay Bar Facility

Hot Breakfast Roll

Match Day Programme

Official Coach to and from Hampden with official parking (leaving Fir Park at 1pm)

Glass of sparkling wine on return to Centenary Suite

Hot Buffet Served

8pm Close (or subject to demand)

Cooper Bar Bus – £8

11am Open

Bar & food options available to purchase

1pm Coach to and from Hampden with official parking

8pm Close (or subject to demand)

Agreed. The atmosphere at the 2011 Cup Final was terrible. Too many day trippers.

The score didn't help of course.

You might say the atmosphere was down to us not kicking a ball from the 1st minute to the 90th minute in the Final but that would be wrong.

We didn't kick a ball from winning the semi final. Our previous fixture was a 4-0 scudding off Celtic to go along with other recent scuddings off Dundee Utd (0-4) and Rangers (0-5).

The fact is our form going into the Final meant most people who came along weren't really expecting to win and our performance in the match didn't give them any reason to change their mind. We had 1 shot at goal and 38% possession.

The Final performance was really just an extension of a very poor end to the season which was completely mismanaged by Stuart McCall.

Instead of complaining about fans who came out and bought tickets all the complains should be directed towards the manager and the team who let a lot of good work go to waste. It was the definition of a damp squib and no fans create an atmosphere in those circumstances.

• Like 3

Out of all the free midweeks to choose from and the league choose to reschedule it for the Wednesday before we play them on the Saturday?!?!?!

Words fail me.

I think it's Celtic Champions League schedule that made it more difficult to find a clear midweek slot close to the original date.

I agree about the poor management in the run up to the cup final - 6 different defences in 6 games - but the main problem was that about 60% of the people there were probably at their first Motherwell game that season and didn't really give a fuck. Celtic fans stood and made an atmosphere, any attempts at making an atmosphere in our end by lazy bastards that want to sit down for the biggest game in 20 years.

As for the date of the rearranged game, obviously Celtic got to pick and now they'll probably be in Europe after New Year chose that date. Given they have Anderlecht on the following Tuesday we will likely face a weakened team in one of the games so it suits me.

• Like 1