Scottish Premiership Game 1: Rangers (H) Sunday 06/08/17 13:30

Andy_P

A new season and I hope it's a new attitude towards Rangers and we realise that behind all the hype they are average at best. Hope we get right into them from the 1st whistle they are there for the taking I will be surprised if Pedro is in charge past Christmas, so going for a win for us to set the tone for the season.

• Like 2

We should really be looking to get started with a win against this mob!!

Their pre season has been shambolic, They have had 2 competitive games against a team of postmen and civil servants who beat them, they've had a couple of friendlies and Their manager is in over his head!!

We have to be more match ready than them!! 2-0 'Well

Rangers may have a fight on their hands to finish top 3 this season but with quality like Alves and Dorrans, they'll be too good for us if their fitness is up to scratch.

To be fair to Robinson though, he's no feart of going toe to toe with Rangers, which is refreshing. Unfortunately, I think the game is coming a signing or two too early, particularly with Moult toiling.

Very hard to predict.

Us - Playing nice enough football. Scored 12 goals in 4 games yet still feels short up front without a fully fit Moult. Defence look decent but could argue not been tested.

Rangers - utter mince in the Europa League but appear to have done well in the recent friendlies. Might mean something...might not mean a thing.

I'm going 2-1 'Well. Kipre with a back post header to cement is cult hero status.

I think a draw would be a reasonable result. In truth, we have zero clue how they'll be and, furthermore, we'll have zero clue how WE will be! I wouldn't be too surprised to see us sign a central defender before this game so who even knows what the line up will be

That sums it up for me also.

An interesting game. It'll provide a different kind of stress test (an in phrase just now) for us. The striker, whoever he is, may get more room but less service; the midfield's defensive capabilities will be tested more; the defence will be tested more rigorously; and Carson will be tested. Hopefully the team will benefit from playing the group stages of the League Cup as we did, strange though it was at the time.

If we don't sign a centre back before Sunday I'd be tempted to put mchugh into the back three as I don't trust Henegan or McManus.

It won't happen but I'd line up like this

Carson

Kipre McHugh Dunne

Tait. Frear

Cadden Campbell Bigi

Moult fish/bow/tanner

I'm pretty curious to see how our midfield fares on Sunday. Based on very very early and limited impressions our midfield looks the strongest it's been in years. Dorrans, Kranjcar and-to a lesser extent- Jack are all technically very good at this level but are hardly the most dynamic trio in the league. Think it'll be an interesting battle to see how the likes of Cadden and Bigi deal with them.

• Like 1