Mfc Podcast/well Society Q&a Evening - This Wednesday

AndyRoss

Electric Bar, 21/10/15 - 7:30pm - Free Entry

On Wednesday night the MFC Podcast are hosting a Q&A evening where fans will get to hear from from former 'Well players Martyn Corrigan, Brian Martin, Rob McKinnon and Keving Twaddle.

We hopefully will have one further guest from the current side/coaching team tonight/tomorrow morning.

Entry for the event is free regardless of whether you are a Society member and you'll also get a free pie at half-time.

You have really spoiled yourself this week mate! An U20's game and now this!

Seriously though, if you can make it along please do so, no issues with U18's attending too as long as they are accompanied by an adult.

Hopefully the strength in the panel will make up for the quality of the host - excited yet totally unsure of how it will go!

We managed to get the event recorded :-). Will have it edited up and out some time next week.

Thought the event went well despite the very sparse turnout - hope all that did make it, enjoyed themselves.

Was an enjoyable evening. Well done for organising it with a good panel.

The event deserved a better turnout but it never too away from what was a good night.

I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Just as shame as has been said already that the turnout wasn't greater, the chat and panel was deserving of a bigger audience.

On that score as Busta says I don't recall reading anything about the event in the programme or on the website which might created more awareness of the event and encouraged more people to attend. I've also read a few people note their dissatisfaction with the Well Society currently and wondered if that might have been a contributory factor also.

Whatever the case it was interesting to hear the former players talk at some length and it is obvious the affinity they still hold for the club. There was an obvious glee about them reminiscing and recalling games, players and incidents.

Hopefully there will be another at some stage in the future.

• Like 1

I wasn't able to attend, however if I was it wouldn't because I had issue with the WS even though I'm finding myself a growing critic day by day. It was conveyed in advance that Andy had pretty much run things with minimal WS input or help so not attending on that basis would be naive and churlish. Anyone with a little bit of background could see that the WS involvement was limited to a tag line on the poster.

If anything the podcast team should be commended for not dropping the WS tie-in when it appears they had every right to.

Dissatisfaction with the WS should manifest itself in other means, may I suggest not blindly paying direct debits to a group that seems to have forgotten they represent us and have a duty to inform and consult on major directions the organisation takes. I didn't sign up on a "need to know" basis.

Sorry to hear the turn out was low - would have loved to have made it along. I know of at least a few people who couldn't justify an early finish at work to make it on time without coming straight from work (or thought they'd be rushing/miss their tea etc). If the club were flying just now it may be these reasons wouldn't exist but there is a wee bit apathy just now. Perhaps in the future having such an event on a Friday or something could help with numbers as at least then people are making more of a night of it and they might be more inclined to make the effort.

Great effort from all involved anyway.

I've spent a lot of time today voicing my frustration and what I felt went wrong in regards to promotion, the end conclusion is that we won't be doing anything side by side with the Society or MFC going forward.

At the end of the season we may have our own podcast Q&A night and mix it with our Player of the Year award, but despite being proud of the panel we assembled and the quality of that chat on the night - the biggest feeling is one of disappointment about the whole thing.

I couldn't make it but, as other have said, shame it wasn't more well attended. I didn't even really think it was a Well Society thing as it seemed the name got tagged on after you had organised it.

There were plenty of tweets about it from the WS that will have reached a lot of people.

Maybe next time some flyering/posters at home games in advance, mention in the programme or official website would help. Having on a Friday/Saturday would also help but I know that may be down to the speakers. Maybe a smaller venue or one actually at the club?

Other than that there is not a lot more you can do. Memories of flyering for the band I was in when a bit younger coming thundering back here....

I'm surprised this wasn't better attended. Maybe next time scheduling it for after a Saturday home game might be more popular? Assuming the club helped with promotion. One thing I feel that the club is poor at is promoting our past, and generating a bit of nostalgia. The podcast has done a great job of that so far, and deserves more support.

If the well society saw this as a networking opportunity they really dropped the ball here, as they should have done more to bring people in.