Scottish Premiership Game 16: Hearts (A) 09/12/17 15:00

GraniteCityMFC

Big blow with Moult and Hartley being out but this gives others opportunities to step up to the plate. There's a fair few guys who haven't done much wrong but just haven't had a chance given how well the team has been playing for the majority of the season. Let's hope tomorrow can see the emergence of some of these guys.

In terms of team selection, I still don't think we have the players to go 4 at the back consistently. I suspect this was more to deal with Aberdeen and Celtic in the last few weeks.

I'd go back to 3-5-2

Carson

Kipre McHugh Dunne

Cadden Rose Campbell Bigi Petravicius

Bowman Fisher

I'd like to see us go very direct tomorrow, get the ball wide and pump it in the box for Fisher and Bowman. With the diamond style shape we have played recently I think we have lost a lot from Cadden playing through the middle. Give the ball to Cadden and Demi and let them pump balls into the box and use their pace in the wide areas. Hearts are pretty shocking and their fullbacks in particular are horrendous. I must admit I have been very impresed by Demi in the last few games and think we could be on to a real find. I am interested to see what happens with Bigi, it hasn't really happened for him the way some predicted but I think he has a lot in his locker, would like to see him given a chance. I think we lacked a bit of technical ability in the middle of the park the last few weeks. Really looking forward to this one, hopefully we can get back to winning ways.

I can understand why people feel that Mc Hugh could move tomorrow to Centre Half .

For me though I think SR wont want to disrupt the midfield more than he needs to and will put Carl at centre mid.

As for the defence I can see Dunne moving to Centre Half with Plummer coming in on the left of a back 3.

In SR we trust.

Big blow with Moult and Hartley being out but this gives others opportunities to step up to the plate. There's a fair few guys who haven't done much wrong but just haven't had a chance given how well the team has been playing for the majority of the season. Let's hope tomorrow can see the emergence of some of these guys.

In terms of team selection, I still don't think we have the players to go 4 at the back consistently. I suspect this was more to deal with Aberdeen and Celtic in the last few weeks.

I'd go back to 3-5-2

Carson

Kipre McHugh Dunne

Cadden Rose Campbell Bigi Petravicius

Bowman Fisher

I'd like to see us go very direct tomorrow, get the ball wide and pump it in the box for Fisher and Bowman. With the diamond style shape we have played recently I think we have lost a lot from Cadden playing through the middle. Give the ball to Cadden and Demi and let them pump balls into the box and use their pace in the wide areas. Hearts are pretty shocking and their fullbacks in particular are horrendous. I must admit I have been very impresed by Demi in the last few games and think we could be on to a real find. I am interested to see what happens with Bigi, it hasn't really happened for him the way some predicted but I think he has a lot in his locker, would like to see him given a chance. I think we lacked a bit of technical ability in the middle of the park the last few weeks. Really looking forward to this one, hopefully we can get back to winning ways.

Why no place for Tanner or Frear? Both have scored recently and, by accounts, have played well.

Sorry I just don't get it with Petravicius, he has not impressed me at all and would give Fisher the chance, his one game he did play against Dundee I was quite impressed and I am sure the more he plays the better he will get.

SR also seems to also favour Grimshaw, so would expect him to be playing in midfield today.

No problem about Griffiths playing if Carson unfit.