Scottish Premiership Game 18: Kilmarnock (A) 16/12/17 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Carson

Tait Kipre Hartley Hammell

Bigi Campbell McHugh

Tanner Fisher Frear

It's a tossup between Hammell and Dunne for me, but tbh the thought of Jordan Jones running at either of them gives me the fear. Bigi and Campbell should be two of a midfield three, not really bothered who accompanies them. Bowman isn't a lone striker. Fisher probably isn't either but it's worth a try.

We expecting Hartley back?

We have a very good record against Killie in recent times but Steve Clark has had the impact his reputation promised. For me, this is potentially our hardest fixture of the week but that doesnt mean we can pick up a result. Hopefully, Robinson is learning from his mistakes and we strike the right balance between destroyers/grafters and naturally gifted footballers.

Hopefully some of the injured players are back as we need to stop the rot urgently and certain players need an extended spell on the sidelines.

If all bar Moult are available Id play

Carson

Frear Campbell Bigirimana Cadden

Tanner

Fisher

Carson

Bigi Campbell McHugh

Tanner Fisher Frear

It's a tossup between Hammell and Dunne for me, but tbh the thought of Jordan Jones running at either of them gives me the fear. Bigi and Campbell should be two of a midfield three, not really bothered who accompanies them. Bowman isn't a lone striker. Fisher probably isn't either but it's worth a try.

Jones has been playing centrally recently, up front or just off the striker, don't know if that reassures you in anyway.

My opinion on this is the one match this season where our performance levels were genuinely great was the League Cup match against Aberdeen and that was the only match Hammell has started this season.

Of course we played 4-4-2 that night so we would have to abandon the three at the back set up but for me Dunne and McHugh have to drop out because they give the ball away almost every time, our possession retention is a disgrace for this level of football and it should be the absolute priority to fix that if we are looking to get out this hole we've found ourselves in.

Given that Kilmarnock will line up Power, Dicker and Mulumbu in midfield I think there is almost no chance Robinson will stray from the 3-5-2, so it will be as you were.

From the little I've gleaned I think Fisher will be available and Cadden and Carson may have an outside chance of being fit but thats it. I have no problem, none whatsoever, in playing destroyers and grafters in midfield, so long as thats what they do; but last night they didn't. Changes will be required first and foremost in the manager's approach to the game and by that I mean tactics and team selection. After that I want to see 11 committed players on the park who refuse to be bullied and intimidated and fight for everything. If we can achieve that then thats half the battle. We start off at a disadvantage as Killie will have had an extra day to recover from their expedition up north. The plastic pitch may also shape our thinking.

• Like 1

Tanner can play in a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1, but only if we change the style of football.

I hope Robinson doesn't turn out to be a sort of inverse of Yogi Hughes who's stubbornness towards playing 'good' football and a passing game got him into all sorts of trouble at Falkirk. You cannot hitch every wagon to one style.

Style wise Robinson has hitched his to the complete opposite brand of football but he also is getting to the stage where he needs to drop his ingrained coda of percentage football and prove he's more than a one idea coach.

The worrying thing is Robinson looks like a rabbit in the head lights in that post match interview. He looks frightened and I've never seen him like that before.

The worrying thing is Robinson looks like a rabbit in the head lights in that post match interview. He looks frightened and I've never seen him like that before.

I picked upon that too. What must the players be thinking if he's giving them advice and instructions and leadership.

Tanner can play in a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1, but only if we change the style of football.

I hope Robinson doesn't turn out to be a sort of inverse of Yogi Hughes who's stubbornness towards playing 'good' football and a passing game got him into all sorts of trouble at Falkirk. You cannot hitch every wagon to one style.

Style wise Robinson has hitched his to the complete opposite brand of football but he also is getting to the stage where he needs to drop his ingrained coda of percentage football and prove he's more than a one idea coach.

Agree with all that. He has signed a few tidy footballers so surely the intention was to come away from the percentage stuff at some point.

Also, time for Bigirimana to stand up and be counted. About time he made a consistent contribution.

Bigi's been on when we have played most of our decent passing football this season. At home to Ross County in the second half, the comeback at Easter Road, the good spells we had at either end of the Dundee game and last night in the second half.

He looked comfortable on the plastic at Accies when he came on so hopefully he performs if he gets a start here.

• Like 1

I picked upon that too. What must the players be thinking if he's giving them advice and instructions and leadership.

Funny how we see things differently I just thought he looked utterly pissed off and very disappointed at the errors. Didn't think he looked frightened just thought he was keeping a lid on his emotions. Quiet anger can sometimes be more effective

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Funny how we see things differently I just thought he looked utterly pissed off and very disappointed at the errors. Didn't think he looked frightened just thought he was keeping a lid on his emotions. Quiet anger can sometimes be more effective

He comes to within an inch of tearing Griffiths a new one after the first goal.

Yep, that's how I saw it. Very very disappointed and annoyed.

Surely he will start Tanner and drop Petravicius? I'm interested to see what Newell can bring to the table too, so perhaps a wee run out for him at some point.

Sounds like Newell isn't quite fit yet (whatever was wrong with him) so I'm guessing he won't be near the plastic for this one.