Louis Moult Appreciation Thread

ChrisMFCfan1886

Thought after todays news that it would be a good idea to gather a thread together of everyone's favourite Louis Moult moments.

-his double at parkhead for our first win there in 7/8 years I think, made up for all the pumpings I have witnessed there.

-League cup semi final...enough said

- the quarter final goal v Aberdeen, the icing on the cake of one of my favourite games at fir park.

Obviously there are many more but those are just some of my favourites to start the thread off.

• Like 1

The ideal mix of the consummate professional and a decent guy. The fact he was such a good fit for our club speaks very well for both parties.

A decent player who worked hard, continued to improve and took advantage of the chance we gave him. He also knew how to behave and carry himself when dealing with the public. When you write it down, it doesnt sound so difficult, yet so few are able to manage it.

Good luck to you Louis Moult, and thanks for the memories.

Semi final goals could possibly be in my top 3 moments of supporting Motherwell. Certainly top 5.

4 goals v Accies

Last minute equalizer v Accies

Shoulder goal v Accies

Double v Celtic at Parkhead

Double v Celtic in the 4-3 game, the first of which was one of the best goals youll ever see.

Curled goal v Hearts

2nd goal at Pittodrie recently.

Header v Rangers in the cup.

V Aberdeen when we won 2-1 and he nicked in.

Theres probably others Ive forgotten.

Added to that he seemed a thoroughly nice guy and seemed more than happy to get involved with favs events etc.

A massive loss but we fortunate to witnessed him play for us and Im sure well be looking out for Prestons results from now on.

• Like 1

Sad to see this guy leave our great wee club. However, he is now a fantastic advert for any young player who backs themselves to play at the highest level and might be considering Motherwell as a stepping stone on that road. Proud that our club has been able to help Louis on his way. He has been a credit to himself and the club throughout his time here and has left us with some amazing memories. All the best Louis. Always believe in.......

Think how many he would have scored if he had stayed in the middle, found himself out on the wing too often. But I think my favourite goal, maybe not his best, was the second against Aberdeen in the quarter final, he sprinted behind the defence, out wide (ironically) turned towards goal and unleashed an unstoppable shot meaning the game was over. How we danced!

He doesn't play for us any more, so fuck him (except when an add on from his transfer kicks in and we get extra cash)

Do any other Motherwell fans despair like myself when they read comments like those made by AllyMax about another human being who has given our team and club faultless service in the short term with us?

• Like 11

Do any other Motherwell fans despair like myself when they read comments like those made by AllyMax about another human being who has given our team and club faultless service in the short term with us?

Im somewhere between there and shaking my head at grown men reminding me of a gang of school lassies the day Take That announced they were chucking it

Good luck to Louis , he done us a job along the same lines that Higdon , Porter and umpteen others did , making himself a few quid and now he's moved on to make even more.

• Like 1

Having been 'hooked' on here a few times I am taking the view Allymax was having a joke. If not then I share your despair!!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Louis has been one of they players il always remember. im to young to remember some of the names often talked about from back in the day.

For me louis joins the likes Faddy as he simply lit up fir park with some of his performances and goals. Memorable moments for me are the 4 goals vs accies, the performance against aberdeen in the cup, the semi final, the absolute peach against celtic. His finishing was outstanding and he had a real knack of scoring against the old firm. So sad he is leaving but he has handled himself really well in his time with us. we all knew he would move on at some point but he isnt leaving us with a bad taste in the mouth. Getting this money and hopefully clause to get us more money in future has been good business by the club and for him and has shown we can provide a platform for players.

Il always remember his performances and wish him the best. Long live the king!

• Like 1

Been going to Fir Park since 1982 and I'd consider him as a very strong contender for a place in my Motherwell All Time XI.

Tommy Coyne is a lock but Moult would have a real good chance as the second striker.

I'd have Darren Randolph in goals, would also consider Scott McDonald for the second striker but it's pretty tough for modern players to get into that side so for Moult to do that shows how highly I rate him.

Hope he does really well for himself.

• Like 1

I've a lot of time for Louis Moult. A decent striker who did well for us and left with decorum. However he'll be replaced and we move on.

One more name to add to those of eminent ex goalscoring strikers since 1960 like Dougie Arnott, Tommy Coyne, Dixie Deans, Jim Forrest, Willie Irvine, Joe McBride, Willie Pettigrew, and Michael Higdon. Who will be next?

Im somewhere between there and shaking my head at grown men reminding me of a gang of school lassies the day Take That announced they were chucking it

Good luck to Louis , he done us a job along the same lines that Higdon , Porter and umpteen others did , making himself a few quid and now he's moved on to make even more.

Yes this thread is cringeworthy the amount or few posts says it all. Talk about man love. He came he did a job and it worked well for both sides. Thank you and good luck is all that's needed.

• Like 6