Agm 2017

Andy_P

Match commanders are a bit like referees; Some are quite good, some are just simply inept. The difference being one is only in charge of a football match, the other is in charge of the safety of thousands of people in, sometimes, fairly volatile situations.

If the latest career climber at Motherwell Police Station thinks that a few guys and a drum need moving to keep the peace, then I guess he can be also be expected to vigorously enforce the all-seated and anti-sectarian laws that are at his disposal. Failure to do so would just show him up to be targeting small groups, and a bit of an all-round shitebag. Not that that would ever happen in these parts.

Anyhoos, I'm sure Alan Marshall will have told the polis where to go...

Spot on.

But it wasn't the club, supposedly it was a question from the floor at the agm

It was a question from the floor from an obviously well informed source which referenced the match commander and our head of stadium security wanting them moved and asking what the boards view was.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I agree if Police worried about Old Firm Games get Celtic to shift Green Brigade to other side or up top and same with Rangers and Blue Order.

Great point.

The basis for this "rumour" is a bit of a black box. I suspect, but don't know, that some form of pressure has been put on the club by a third party. I doubt if the stewarding company would have the clout; the Police are a likely source; but its also likely that the club knows its being watched like a hawk by the SPFL after the Sevco play off report, which the club should have challenged in the courts at the time. Senior police officers have previous for "pulling strings" behind the scenes but are unwilling to be up front that its they who are effectively taking the decisions on things like seating, ticketing and stewarding. They are quite happy for the club to take the flak from irate posters on here.

Back to the case in point. Would there be any season ticket holders in the sterile zone, if one is imposed? Where would the Bois move to? Would they simply commandeer a block of seats irrespective of who sat there? If this proposed move is in response to coins being thrown at players I can understand it up to a point. However, back to Wellowell's point. How would moving the Bois prevent visiting supporters from throwing missiles like seats and mobile phone chargers at fans and players? Why not create a sterile zone in the south stand? Why not move their Green Brigades or equivalent - keep the first 10 rows/moste easterly seats vacant?

The club needs to be more open about this although I can understand its reticence about "upsetting" the police.

Gone are the days when it was the same stewards building up a rapport with the patrons at that end of the ground.

Young lad was gesturing towards the Dundee full back at a throw in, all fairly lighthearted & nothing untoward until, well call him, minwag got a little excited and tried to pull the lad by the arm out his seat and across the gate. On cue, his old fella appears to calm things down when minwag starts offering the two of them out - im sure it aint in the job description.

To be fair, minwag got more folk out their seats in his short time than Bowman did in an hour. A nothing incident that couldve ended up oh so worse given the poor attitude by those paid to ensure safety.

The bodycams will drive most away from up there, minwag should now be nowage & banished. Trust the powers that be ensure thats the case.