All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Sometimes its best not to over complicate things! 😆😆😆
  3. I dont know anything for a fact. Only the investor and the club know what the deal is (or should). But some of our fans seem to think that outside investment is some sort of no risk Nirvana where we never have to pay any money back and we can instantly spend more money on players. Given how negative many are being about fan ownership, I think its important that someone highlights the risks on the other side of the fence. I do want to re-iterate though, that I wont make my own mind up one way or the other until I see the detail of the deal.
  4. Exactly its a precarious operating model. We need more regular definite funds not funds that are rely on the exception rather than the rule. The WS need to tell us how they will achieve that.
  5. The truth is out there somewhere 🤫
  6. Two cup finals and the sale of David Turnbull to thank. Neither of those events look likely soon unless they can convince Lennon to sign an extended contract.
  7. Over the 7 years of fan ownership we have an overall profit of £2 million. Compared to most other clubs we are doing extremely well. I'm not going to check but we won't be far off breaking even over the past 20 years since we came out of administration.
  8. I wanted to vote for Bair, but Jim McMahon forced me to vote for some guy called Barmack. So I hear.
  9. But 1. We don't run at a profit.
  10. We've lost 2.65 million in the last 2 accounting periods. With a third mill loss to come.
  11. Initially there were two potential investors/partners the Australian one - which had a football background but would have wanted total control - has either withdrawn or was rejected as not being the type of model thought to got with our clubs ethos. Leaving us with the one with limited football acumen but a very good business/media acumen which leads me to believe there is something about our club that they feel they can work with to get value from for the good of both parties (was going to say exploit but that would have gotten certain folk excited) without requiring full control. All will become clear shortly but I feel that it’s good that after being here last week (and possibly is still here discussing things) we haven’t heard that they have walked away or things are not good.
  12. Bair's volley v Ross County from O'Donnell's long diagonal would have got my vote, unfortunately Bair had run offside (again). Failing that, Spittal's v Celtic, Miller's turn that left McGregor fishing in his pocket for cash to pay back in still makes me laugh.
  13. your 'just do that' reminds me of the best tactics I ever know as a Well fan. Get the ball to Cooper Get the ball to Faddy Get the ball to Turnbull Just do that - happy days.
  14. Do you know that for a fact? Not saying it is not his plan, but why are you so sure? Other than 'that is how it usually works'
  15. There are some fantastic goals to choose from, but it's got to be Bair's dink against Livi for me. Honourable mention for Spittal's thunder bastard strike, however. The other takeaway from that video is how important Spittal has been for us. Putting Bair's revival and goals aside, Spittal has been our most important player by far this season, and it's not the first time I've posted that on this forum. We're going to miss him a lot.
  16. That’s a good point you raise. As well as knowing what proposed investment option is (yes vote) we also need to know what WS investment option is (no vote) in order to make a fully knowledgeable decision we need to know what both options mean for the future. I also don’t know if accepting the option currently under discussion means we can’t entertain any further investment or would MFC still be able to attract and accept further investment? Or perhaps that part of the current proposal that the investors would seek further investment from their sources. This is not about fan ownership or not it’s about ensuring the continued existence of MFC and that could be fan ownership or maybe not? Perhaps some hybrid?
  17. Fan ownership can completely work but without increased subscriptions the level at which we operate will fall over the years ahead. Rattling buckets isnt the answer. However if the Well Society doesnt raise significantly more money over the coming years what money we do raise will permit us to do less. If income remains static or shows minimal improvement and costs rise the level at which we operate must eventually suffer, its not rocket science. So its up the the Well Society to let us see their fund projections and business plan and what its expected to raise over the next 5 years and convince us they are up to the challenge as well as answering the question if its so straightforward why have they not made those moves before now..
  18. But he loves just making stuff up so let him be. I assume he sits in his house with a tinfoil hat on shouting a sky sports news!!!!!
  19. Buy bigger buckets for collections 😉
  20. 100% correct why should fans have faith in promises made that could have been delivered over the last 5 or 6 years. I am not convinced by the American interest either but ill wait until I see actual facts rather than what someone down the pub thinks.
  21. By exploring other revenue streams not currently being tapped. No different than the investor who is looking for control of the club. The money he intends to invest wont be free. He wants it back with interest. So he will have to find ways of getting more money into the club. Otherwise he and we dont make any more money. The advantage he has at the moment is that he comes from a corporate background and clearly has experience in that field. That doesnt mean to say that there arent smart peoplenon the WS Board noe though with ideas of their own.
  22. Because the people that were elected to the WS Board were happy to allow the executive board to keep the Society at arms length. Thats no longer the case.
  23. No the Society members have to vote in favour but that's obviously part of their plan. If the members say no it's dead.
  24. You werent the only one! I was shouting at him to leave the kick alone for the very same reason. He shut me up good and proper! Absolute worldy!
  25. Of course they can. But whats the point? If you want to remain a shareholder you can buy an ordinary share. The purpose of the Society was to deliver a fan owned club. And it suceeded in that regard. If the club is no longer fan owned, the reason for the Society no longer exists. I will simply stop my direct debit and put money into the club some other way of my choosing.
  1. Load more activity